The online racing simulator
Automatic Heel-Toe?
(6 posts, started )
Automatic Heel-Toe?
I just got a G27. I noticed that when I have H-Shifter mode and automatic clutch setup off, I can still shift gears without clutch. It seems that when the RPM gets to the point what it would be on that gear with that speed, the game automatically shifts to that gear. This makes learning actual heel and toe system really useless since I can downshift like that without using clutch at all, just braking with left foot and tapping the gas after a downshift with my H-Shifter.

Should this happen?
If the game is automatically shifting gears for you.. you have automatic gears on. Asetukset > Kuljettaja > Automaattivaihteisto = off.
Not sure that NotAnIllusion got you right.
In any real car you can shift to neutral from any gear without using clutch (ofcourse doing this isnt so good for gearbox).
Also you can shift to any gear from neutral without clutch, but only if your revs mattches otherwise there will be some wall when pushing to gear.
Ofcourse you can shift like that in LFS, but I wouldnt recommend doing this in real car unless you know what are you doing.
Shifting like this in LFS is generaly slow, because you need to wait rpm to drop... so if you are into racing don't use this.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Not sure that NotAnIllusion got you right.
In any real car you can shift to neutral from any gear without using clutch (ofcourse doing this isnt so good for gearbox).
Also you can shift to any gear from neutral without clutch, but only if your revs mattches otherwise there will be some wall when pushing to gear.
Ofcourse you can shift like that in LFS, but I wouldnt recommend doing this in real car unless you know what are you doing.
Shifting like this in LFS is generaly slow, because you need to wait rpm to drop... so if you are into racing don't use this.

Ok, so it is supposed to happen. It's just frustrating since I guess normally in a car the stick doesn't go to the slot without clutch/the right RPM.
I'm not sure I understand. Why are you not using clutch as you would when heal 'n toeing? Since the shifter doesn't have FFB it can't resist you putting a gear in, hence why the game compensates by not changing untill the revs match. But this doesn't happen unless you aren't pressing the clutch pedal which is what you are supposed to do when changing gears.
Quote from hyntty :I'm not sure I understand. Why are you not using clutch as you would when heal 'n toeing? Since the shifter doesn't have FFB it can't resist you putting a gear in, hence why the game compensates by not changing untill the revs match. But this doesn't happen unless you aren't pressing the clutch pedal which is what you are supposed to do when changing gears.

It is 10 times easier to put your left foot on the brake and change gear without clutch and then tap gas with right foot so that it revs to the point that the gear automatically changes. Also, with this mechanic, I can never lock my tires since if I press too little, it doesn't go into gear.

Automatic Heel-Toe?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG