The online racing simulator
Cruise InSim problem 0.6E
Hello everyone I got some problems with my Cruise since 0.6E was released. Before InSim worked perfectly, but now it shuts off after some hours. Noticed some errors in dedicated - Before it shuts off it says Insim Timeout TCP-Cruise and before it gives me lines:

Dec 23 16:09:49 TCP ERROR : INSIM LIMIT
Dec 23 16:09:49 TCP ERROR : WOULDBLOCK
Dec 23 16:09:49 TCP ERROR : INSIM LIMIT
Dec 23 16:09:49 TCP ERROR : WOULDBLOCK

Anyone can help to explain me whats wrong and how to fix it? Thanks
IIRC, that happens when the send-buffer from lfs->insim is full. For instance, when the Insim app stops processing incoming data.
-
(MadCatX) DELETED by MadCatX : What Chuck said...
Any idead how to fix that? Because on 0.6B there wasnt that kind of problem.
Well, is the InSim running locally or not?
Anyone can help?
I didn't find any solution to this ... Everyone is having this problem.
SO it means no InSims anymore?
Limit the amount of packets your sending in a single go.
Quote from Dygear :Limit the amount of packets your sending in a single go.

You mean /pps=X command right?
He means you need to open the project file of the insim with Microsoft Visual.

Dygear , How can I limit them ?

I tried organizing the codes so it doesn't send so many in one "private void" But I there is no improvement so far...
Should I keep trying?
Yeah I would like to know where can I limit them too. Tell me what I need to look for.
You should make a packet buffer that all of your packets go into, from there, you should only send a few packets at a time. Look at what Victor did in PRISM's code for examples on how to do that.
To my knowledge LFS just discards packets that would overfill the buffer (see this post) without disconnecting the guest. LFS error messages could certainly benefit from some documentation, but I think chucknorris was right on the money with his explanation. If the InSim application stops processing data from LFS, the outgoing buffer in LFS or even OS will eventually fill up. Because InSim operates over TCP, the packets can't just be dropped.

0.6E introduced a new buffering system which packs multiple packets into a single burst. This new system unraveled problems in quite a few InSim applications and libraries. You are by any chance using an InSim library which hasn't been updated to handle this properly?
Thanks for helping. Could you tell me how to update InSim to work on 0.6E?
I don't know for sure , or how to find out but I know its pretty old ...
I think its lfs external 1.1.0.0 by Ron Gahler
What Insim library would be the best?
I have LsC InSim.
Quote from ADr3nAl1n :I don't know for sure , or how to find out but I know its pretty old ...
I think its lfs external 1.1.0.0 by Ron Gahler
What Insim library would be the best?

Latest official update by T-RonX is about 4 and a half years old so the library can't work well even with 0.6B. DarkTimes released an unofficial update to 1.1.1.7 to at least make it compatible with InSim v5 introduced in 0.6B. LFS External is a quite outdated library which doesn't handle stuff like variable sized packets; if you're working on a new .NET based project, you really should be using InSim.NET instead.
I managed to use the 1.1.1.7 version and now it works fine. I still get would block but no more insim timeouts or limit and It can now go for hours . Thanks
ok, how can I fix my LsC InSim?
The solution is a few posts above. If you haven't got the slightest clue about programming don't even bother I guess...
Well how to update library?

EDIT: I replaced dll file in bin folder, then builded solution. InSim turns on but a lot of things dont work.
Does anyone have the 1.1.1.4 version ?
ADr3nAl1n Can you tell me how did you updated library?
I don't know how it is on LsC Insim I never had that. I can't just guess

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG