The online racing simulator
Fanatec CSR Wheel + Pedals Advice
So I'm looking at getting a Fanatec CSR wheel (not willing to spend over £400 on the Elite or the Clubsport!)

I currently have a G25 which I don't really have a problem with other than it being noisy and the pedals are spiking, I would like the CSR so I can use it on the Xbox 360 aswell.

I'd be after the bundle,

Forza Motorsport CSR wheel value pack

CSR Pedals EU, Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel EU.

I'll also need the shifters and I think I'll get the CSR / CSR Elite Pedal inversion kit too.

Can anyone give me a short review on this? In comparison to the G25.

I know the CSR is smoother and has better FFB but I think it looks rather cheap?

Thanks!
You pretty much said it yourself. It's smoother and stronger. It does look kinda cheap, but you will forget that when you use it. I think the pedals will also be a HUGE improvement, even if you think "they're just pedals".

I can't judge for you, but it's a nice price I think. What might be cool is the Fanaleds plugin I made for the wheels (on the PC) which enables the display for games.
Quote from Bose321 :You pretty much said it yourself. It's smoother and stronger. It does look kinda cheap, but you will forget that when you use it. I think the pedals will also be a HUGE improvement, even if you think "they're just pedals".

I can't judge for you, but it's a nice price I think. What might be cool is the Fanaleds plugin I made for the wheels (on the PC) which enables the display for games.

Thanks for the quick reply Bose

Yeah I think you may be right, I would prefer it if they made it so you could change the wheel (like the Clubsport)

The CSR pedals don't have a load cell unfortunately, my G25 pedals are inverted so they are rather nice to use.

I would definitely use your application though
The pedals have an inversion kit I believe. Not sure how you inverted them now, but it should be possible to hang them or whatever.

However the quick-release system on the CSW is totally awesome, I barely use it because I never drive formula cars and I always keep my BMW rim on. This might change if they make more rims though.

And if you don't like the wheel and pedals you can always return them, they're not that difficult in that.
Quote from Bose321 :The pedals have an inversion kit I believe. Not sure how you inverted them now, but it should be possible to hang them or whatever.

However the quick-release system on the CSW is totally awesome, I barely use it because I never drive formula cars and I always keep my BMW rim on. This might change if they make more rims though.

And if you don't like the wheel and pedals you can always return them, they're not that difficult in that.

The kit is 'optional' so I'd have to buy it, yeah I'd love to get the CSW but I can't justify that much money on it lol

That's cool, I'd like to just try one really but I don't know anyone who has one.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG