The online racing simulator
New Dimension Racing Turn 5! (God we're old, innit?)
A long, long time a[go, in a Galaxy far, far away, an American, a Brit, and an Ellis had a chance encounter via a thread about a possible series for beginners that turned into the LFS Beginner's Cup. These three novices made a decent job at pretending they knew what they were doing, so much so that they made the Best Logo For Anyone, EVAR and got a LFSForum Subsection, and an EVEN BESSER WEBSITE! (Which I would link you to if it wasn't expired).

We then thought we were so cool that we could host a race that involved XRTs at KY1 for 250 miles and all, which went very well, as I'm sure these few people will tell you. Infact, it went so well that we have done not, one, not two, not three, not four, but FIVE (and probably a sixth if we live that long) OF THEM! We took what we learned in the first one, and applied it to some random idea we had and called it the Kyoto 500, which we've also done five of, and plan to do a sixth sometime in June 2013.

It was around the time of the first six useless months of NDR's existence that we acquired some Finnish man we found wandering various finnish streets to supply us with less fail (he even won us a pole position in iTCC 2009 Round 6 Race 3!). He accidentally upon the LFSCART Series, which in turn we accidentally upon Bocum, West Germany and accidentally picked up a straggler on the on-ramp to the Autobahn sometime in Mid 2008, which was ironically, the time when we started a feeling of paranoia of incompatible patches being released around the time of major events causing massive pain to those ... ack up their old versions, but we've managed through that treacherous first year.

2009 came as a surprise, as we weren't quite sure that we'd done 2008 well enough, but I got all shouty at the end of 2008 on some test race broadcast which scared 2008 away and brought on 2009, which started in fantastic fashion with NDR doing what NDR does, run leagues. It was in August of this year that we decided we needed a fourm thread in this section to tell people about us, and we also bought John Hindhaugh into our team around that time, but we didn't give him enough sausage rolls so he sadly left us as a proper member, but like the Hotel California, he's never actually left. It was also around this time that we became imperialists. We also had a really well thought-out idea to charge OPTIONAL entry fees, which we never did actually do. We also added some cheese to our lineu ... effort at a Public Server which is an on-again, off-again affair.

We made a proper website (which is more or less stagnant while I work slower than molasses on a cold day on a new and better one) and then did something inconceivable! We made a decision that we should celebrate our 2nd anniversary by becoming one with another group of chaps, and thusly the end of normalcyin LFS rapidly vanished (along with my love life and my life in general, but that's another story).

Since then, we've had people come and go of the racer and admin variety, we've had some great races, some bad races, some great times, and some bad times. People keep telling us that we do a good job, we usually don't believe them (at least I have a difficult time thinking I can't work HARDER AND LONGER AND BETTER ), and we do on occasion come up with new ideas.

New Dimension Racing wish to thank all of LFS for their support, hate, love, anger, money, time, effort, waste, and everything else that has been necessary to make NDR more than just a bunch of numpties pretending we know what we're doing. As of today, 5 years of it. We're nothing without the community of racers and others who aren't proper NDR members but help us out as much as the real NDR members.

Can we do 5 more? I don't know, anything can happen. I will end this post with two lists: First, a list of all past and present NDR members, and Second, a list of all leagues that I can remember in my old age that we have run or been a part of in any way.

Thanks for 5 years!

Regards,
Jonathan Palmer and New Dimension Racing

New Dimension Racing Members, Past and Present

Jack "J@tko" Atkinson (Past)
Joseph "JO53PHS" Ellis (Present, we think)
Jonathan "dekojester" Palmer (Present)
Timo "hyntty" Hynninen (Present sometimes :P)
Thilo "TFalke55" Falkenberg (Present only when potatoes are around)
Chris "Wilko868" Wilkinson (Past but never actually leaves)
Tim "Timdpr" Russell (Present but not enough internets)
Joe "Joe_Keaveney" Keaveney (Present but made a baby so no time, but hopes to return soon for some stuff)
Tom "snoring_snoopy" Madl (Past, real life was not able to be fended off)
David "[Hypothraxer" Novak (Present, but we think real life got him too)
Tobias "Laser171107" Osterhouse (From a Land Down Under)
Darren "Pantera70" Taylor (Real life got him too as far as we're aware)

The Leagues We've Meddled In Because That's What We Do (in no particular order, Italicized are proper NDR properties, and I'm sure I've forgotten some)

16h Race
MoE
IGTC
GTAL
iTCC
Kyoto 500
Kyoto 250
LFSBC/NDRC
LFSCART
LFSCART Light
Mini-FBM Series
NDR Special Events

UFRC Summer Slam
[SR] FOX League
oneGP
IMA TBO Challenge
Murray Motorsport Cup
Open Wheel Trophy
SRS Birthday Event
I-SCAR
GT2 World Series
GT1 World Series

Realistic NASCAR
Revolutionary Racing Events
Super GT Series
LX Challenge (Future)
City-Liga
OWRL
GT Series
Happy anniversary NDR!!

Wish you many more years of success!

...nice post old man!
Allow me to also post this (most likely incomplete) list of persons and groups who have helped NDR through these 5 years / taken our money for use of their services. They Shall Be Honourary Members.

Persons and Otherwise:
Chris "CSF" Ford
Michael "boothy" Booth
Dominik "Detuschland2007" Engel
Michael "Mp3 Astra" Passingham
Ben "DeadWolfBones" Keough
Gus "amp88" Leggate
Cameron "Cornys" Corns
Matt "Mustangman759" Kingsbury
Ray "Bmxtwins" Kingsbury
Stuart "Bean0" Baker
Phil "PMD9409" Diaz
Jonathon "jonathon.provost" Provost

Companies and Otherwise:
multiBC / SimSport.tv (Martin Bals)
500servers (franky500)
Livestream (The Website Formerly Known as Mogulus
Simrace.tv (Lutz Enger)
Byethost (Website!)

If you feel you should be included in this list, please file a petition.
Nice post there, guys!
Happy Birthday for the fifth! o/
Happy 5th Birthday guys
.....resent:..... :birthday:
#7 - Fuse5
Happy 5th birthday!
With regards
another 5 year old team
Happy birthday NDR!
Happy 5th Birthday NDR!
Happy birthday! Hope tonight's race will be great
Happy anniversary NDR, keep up the work!
#12 - IMOL
Happy Birthday! Thanks for some good racing competitions
Happy birthday! Very well written, enjoyed it
Happy b-day, NDR. Thank you for your extraordinary work you've done over those 5 years.
well done! its been a pleasure to learn from you
Thank you so very much guys for what you have done for sim racing as a whole. Personally I have 11 years of casual sim racing under my belt, in 4 different sims, in I don't know how many different leagues. Despite the fact that in your races I am truly a back marker, your races have been the events I have gotten the most enjoyment, frustration, lost the most sleep over but have had the most fun and get the greatest pride from.

I am truly proud to be a racer and team manager in NDR leagues, they are amongst the top tier of sim-racing.

Here's to NDR, may they live 1000 years!
Congratulations guys! I don't think the little 15 year old me could ever have foreseen what this would eventually turn into. I still remember getting this PM from a strange American demo racer with a weird username asking if he could help me out with this league I was setting up. Probably the best thing I ever said yes to! (I should get out more.....) Big thanks to JP for keeping the ship going (especially with the "help" he has ..... ) and to everyone else for supporting in whatever way they do, whether by commentating, replay checking, racing or spectating. I wish I could help out/race a bit more these days but sadly I just don't have the time

Some of my personal NDR highlights:

"INSIDE ELLIS!"
Many, many iTCC races
Summer Event a few years back where Rik de Jong got a puncture with 10 mins to go and won it at the last corner.
Some great KY500 finishes
So many amazing commentary moments

Here's to many more years and many more amazing moments. Cheers guys!
he is still strange tbh :P
Grats. Always been fun to help and participate.
<3 ndr.
Quote from dekojester :Allow me to also post this (most likely incomplete) list of persons and groups who have helped NDR through these 5 years / taken our money for use of their services. They Shall Be Honourary Members.

Persons and Otherwise:
Chris "CSF" Ford
Michael "boothy" Booth
Dominik "Detuschland2007" Engel
Michael "Mp3 Astra" Passingham
Ben "DeadWolfBones" Keough
Gus "amp88" Leggate
Cameron "Cornys" Corns
Matt "Mustangman759" Kingsbury
Ray "Bmxtwins" Kingsbury
Stuart "Bean0" Baker
Phil "PMD9409" Diaz
Jonathon "jonathon.provost" Provost

Companies and Otherwise:
multiBC / SimSport.tv (Martin Bals)
500servers (franky500)
Livestream (The Website Formerly Known as Mogulus
Simrace.tv (Lutz Enger)
Byethost (Website!)

If you feel you should be included in this list, please file a petition.

I'm honoured to be honoured with whatever I'm being honoured for.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I'm honoured to be honoured with whatever I'm being honoured for.

Being someone to shout at.
You guys have done a lot to keep this whole community running. You guys administrated the only big event in which I've ever competed in (I finished 5th in the 2012 Kyoto 250 thanks to survival skills and absolute madness in the final lap) and you have done more than I ever should have expected for the improvement of Realistic NASCAR.

In the near future I hope to return the favor. Good luck with your birthday event, and I hope to be able to assist you in the near future when my schedule frees up a little bit

Thanks for everything that you guys do, and congratulations on your 5th year of existence. I think that I speak for everybody here when I say that I hope you guys last a lot longer than 5 more years
Gz NDR in future , i wait for more leagues

And remember, i help u with ur clock to make it work good (u had wrong time by 30 sec oh gosh :F)
Quote from dekojester :"OMG THIS IS S3"

Luv <3
Since Tw@... err J@tko decided to think back for some gems I'd like to pitch too. This be my best shit.

I'm pretty certain we've had some rather amazing race commentary genius once or twice but I forget.

New Dimension Racing Turn 5! (God we're old, innit?)
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG