The online racing simulator
Scripting and development
(2 posts, started )
I was thinking about games I like online, and I thought about counterstrike source, and the timing for how restarts for rounds work etc.

Would anyone else like to see servers having scriptable timings, for example that restart automatically after 2 minutes since the last race? Maybe not track and car rotation because I don't think we have enough players online at the same time to stop everyone chasing configs from server to server. (god knows why, we should have atleast a 50,000 people playing at any given time in my opinion) If you wanted to get really serious, the same way you die in a counterstrike round, if you pit you're stuck there till the end of the race. Although this would only apply to short races, but all the long ones are league organised anyway....

Another point that crossed my mind, a lot of people would like better sounds for live for speed, perhaps a subforum where we can post sound bytes that may be of use, for example I've got a load of footage from various 80s and 90s rallies of backfires, transmission noises with no engine noise, the sound of a small track prepared car landing on its roof, some of these have good quality sound and no background noise, if they were isolated, this could make it a lot easier for the devs to implement new sound, seeing as that's all they have to do (i say all i have no idea... and max respect for everything you've attained scavier) is attatch them to events and physics thresholds....

i've attatched an example sound file of a car landing on its roof as a quick example, obviously i'd do a short fade on the end of the wav to stop the clipping at the end, but you get the idea. you may have to rename it to .wav for it to play.

see you on the track

z3r0c00l
#2 - ORION
LFS can be controlled by an external application using insom/outsim. Im not into this, you should take a look at the programmers forum

Sounds will probabla never be made by mp3s in LFS, or other samples, the sound is generated and Scawen will update it when he has the time and will to do so.

btw. you shouldnt compare LFS with CS:S because CS:S is unplayable because of all the bugs. Play CS 1.6 instead

(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG