The online racing simulator
My League Idea (Opinions Welcomed)
Hi. First of all, I hope I posted this in the correct place. Apologies if not. I had an idea for a championship this evening and would love your expert opinions. I am a little busy most days but Saturday or Sunday evenings I could host the championship, one race per week. Here is the information, please give me your honest opinions. Every time I look at it I would love to go back to England and organize this for real.

Thanks for your time and happy racing.

小白.

Grass Roots XF Championship

The Championship;

There are 8 championship events in the GRXFC calendar, with 2 non championship rallycross races near the beginning and the end of the racing calendar. The championship commences at the Blackwood GP circuit, followed by one race a week with the penultimate being held at the Westhill International circuit.
(Unless in the case of a championship draw, where upon a last race will be held the next week, at a random and fairly chosen circuit. See GRXFC R&R article A.5 for more information.)

The Race Calendar;

Blackwood GP - 10 Laps
Fern Bay Rallycross Green - 5 Laps (Non Championship)
Aston Club - 5 Laps
Fern Bay Club - 10 Laps
South City Sprint 1 - 10 Laps
Fern Bay Green - 10 Laps
Kyoto Ring National - 5 Laps
Aston Cadet - 10 Laps
Blackwood Rallycross - 10 Laps (Non Championship)
Westhill International - 5 Laps

Points System;
1st - 20 points 6th - 8 points
2nd - 17 points 7th - 6 points
3rd - 15 points 8th - 4 points
4th - 12 points 9th - 2 points
5th - 10 points 10th - 1 point

GRXFC Rules & Regulations

A. There are 5 simple rules;

A.1 - Racing shall be fair and fun and follow the Rules of Clean Racing.

A.2 - No cheating, tweaks or bad language. This will result in a ban from the race and/or following races.

A.3 - There shall be no ramming or dangerous maneuvers. Anyone who does so will be banned immediately from the race and/or following races.

A.4 - No mid-race join, resets or restarts unless specified by the admin. Network disconnection will be treated as a retirement. Shift-P in the main event will result in a ban from the race.

A.5 - In the event of a draw at the end of the championship, there will be a final 10 lap race containing the concerning parties at a random track chosen fairly by the admin to allow for an equal race as possible.

B. There are 5 simple regulations

B.1 - XF GTi only, no mods. (Custom skins allowed.)

B.2 - No teams. GRXFC is a championship designed to give different independent and rising drivers a chance to either hone their skills or have the chance of being spotted by a team. Think of it as a test bed or proving grounds for new and undiscovered talent.

B.3 - The maximum cars allowed on the grid of the main event shall be 10. The maximum cars allowed in the 2 non championship events shall be 15. Qualifying time for both championship and non championship events will be 20 minutes exactly. The top 10 qualifying laps will decide who races and who doesn't for main events and the top 15 for non championship events.

B.4 - Cars must have their fuel tanks at least half full at the beginning of the all races, both championship and non championship.

B.5 - Custom setups are not allowed. However, an intake restriction may apply if one driver appears to be dominating the season, to make the competition more even and competitive.
Hum, honestly I'd make the races just a little bit longer, and why not count the rallycross races?

Also, why only 10 drivers? How can you decide rather or not drivers have a half tank or more?

Good luck, and I do like the idea
As Cornys said, the 10 cars limit doesn't make much sense.

Quote from Xiao_Bai :B.4 - Cars must have their fuel tanks at least half full at the beginning of the all races, both championship and non championship.

Even as an admin, you can't control how much fuel is in the other cars. Better drop it.
Quote from Xiao_Bai :B.5 - Custom setups are not allowed.

Better drop this too. You will always put people down if the fixed set isn't spot on. It's not that hard to find decent sets for this car anyway.

Quote from Xiao_Bai :However, an intake restriction may apply if one driver appears to be dominating the season, to make the competition more even and competitive.

Controversial. The whole idea of performance "balancing" is a huge can of worm, both in real racing and simracing.

Last thing, make sure the interrest is there before going for it. Good luck.
Quote from Cornys :Hum, honestly I'd make the races just a little bit longer, and why not count the rallycross races?

Also, why only 10 drivers? How can you decide rather or not drivers have a half tank or more?

Good luck, and I do like the idea

I think you're right about the number of laps. I just really like the idea of short, intense races. Do you think 25 sounds about right?

To be honest, I didn't know that I couldn't have control over the amount of fuel drivers use.

Thanks for your advice anyway, it is appreciated.

Have a good day,

小白
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :As Cornys said, the 10 cars limit doesn't make much sense.

Even as an admin, you can't control how much fuel is in the other cars. Better drop it.

Better drop this too. You will always put people down if the fixed set isn't spot on. It's not that hard to find decent sets for this car anyway.

Controversial. The whole idea of performance "balancing" is a huge can of worm, both in real racing and simracing.

Last thing, make sure the interrest is there before going for it. Good luck.

To be very honest, I just liked the thought of trying to make the field as even as possible. Though when you put it like that, it is rather dictatorial, isn't it?

Of course, I'm going to make sure people actually want to get involved in the series.

Thank you for your criticism sir, it was much appreciated.

Have a good day

小白.
Quote from Xiao_Bai :I think you're right about the number of laps. I just really like the idea of short, intense races. Do you think 25 sounds about right?

Yeah, for a track like BL1 (laps are about 1.55 min in length there in XFG)you may want around 15 laps to make about a 25 min. race.

This will allow people who have issues to redeam themselves and it will keep tire wear out of the equation for the most part

Places that you have half the laps listed you may chose to run 10 laps to make those races about the same length

I always use LFSWorld.net to determine my race durations and keep the World TBO Championship Series races around 90 min (or 75min if it's a slower track with tyre wear being an issue)
Quote from Xiao_Bai :To be very honest, I just liked the thought of trying to make the field as even as possible. Though when you put it like that, it is rather dictatorial, isn't it?

True. And unlike with dictatorships, you can't force people to stay in your simracing league if they're not happy with it. So you need to be careful while setting this kind of potentially polarising rules like this.

I really don't like the idea personally - both in simracing and in the real racing world. It defeats the whole point of "competition".
Especially when the cars are already equal in LFS.
Awesome. Thanks for the advice again guys. I'll get to work on making a test race and see if people dig it.

Merci boo cow~

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG