The online racing simulator
nVidia 3 Monitor set Up
(7 posts, started )
#1 - TH8
nVidia 3 Monitor set Up
Hello everyone,
As the holiday period is upon us I decided to have ago at setting up a 3 monitor set up. I have 1 computer with 1x 'Radeon HD 6950 2GB Flex Edition' card in my main gaming system and another computer with 1x 'Geforce GTX 580 3GB' card.
The single 6950 was easy to set up with the Catalyst software for 3 monitors and I was able to run LFS on this one card attached to 3 monitors, 2 using DVI conections and 1 with a HDMI conection, all with smooth results at max resolution on all in game settings on the 3 monitors...BUT some of the other sims, while still ran ok got alittle choppy.

Question
1/ What software do you need for the nVidia card 3 monitor set up?

I was going to swap them around also, put the GTX 580 3GB card into the main gaming system and take out the 6950, ...as it has a years worth Sims and updates....I hope I can do this?...anything I need to watch out for when I do this?

Thanks
kind regards
TH8

P.S. LFS has the absolute best monitor / 3 monitor adjustments I have used...most excellent
#2 - TH8
hello everyone,
Well, upon more research I got some answers, the GTX 580 can only support 2 monitors ( I thought to myself, your kidding me, a 3GB card and it only supports 2 monitors!)...so you need 2 cards. I think I will just stay with the 6950 for now, as I can get 3x 1080 monitors set up with this single card.

kind regards
TH8
( a non-tech person )
You may have already come across this but you might want to try shutting down two of your running tasks - CCC.exe and MOM.exe. These are implemented by the Catalyst Control Centre but neither are actually needed to run your simulator software. The frequency that the CCC.exe tasks access your graphics card can itself causing micro-stutter.
As you said, TH8, nVidia Surround requires an SLI setup. Though it'd probably work fine for LFS; any modern game would choke with any amount of eyecandy on a 3 monitor setup anyway.
Regardless, I except for old or weak applications, I don't know why you would WANT to run triple screen without 2 cards (something like LFS is an exception though, not the rule). You're not going to run that Geralt avatar of yours around at max detail on 3 screens with ANY video card!

Why is eyefinity better than nvidia surround?

AMD's "solution" for 3D also leaves a lot to be desired, but 3D vision and 3DTV Play, whilst not always perfect, are ahead of anything else around right now and have been for a long time.
#7 - TH8
Hello everyone,
It has been awhile but I have upgraded my graphics card to a GTX690, with triple screen 27" 3D monitors 'LG D2770P'...it's awesome

Kind regards
TH8

nVidia 3 Monitor set Up
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG