The online racing simulator
Parade Lap/warm up lap
(16 posts, started )
Parade Lap/warm up lap
Would be a great touch to warm the tires before a race
+1

Rolling starts option too
yep
If you could get 20 LFS'ers to keep it in their pants (so to speak) for a whole lap then this would work fine

Rolling starts would be great but I think they'd only be appropriate at the oval - and computer-controlled too, or you probably wouldn't see a reduction in the mega-smashes that frequently happen there ...
[quote=Hankstar]If you could get 20 LFS'ers to keep it in their pants (so to speak) for a whole lap then this would work fine

lol
Quote from Hankstar :Rolling starts would be great but I think they'd only be appropriate at the oval - and computer-controlled too, or you probably wouldn't see a reduction in the mega-smashes that frequently happen there ...

Rolling starts happen on road courses too in many sports car racing series and club races
#7 - ajp71
Half the accidents in N2003 league racing on road courses happen before the start because people pace and take the start with completely different rules, some go by the Nascar style rules where you can overtake the people on the other side (pacing line) before the start and some go for conventional FIA style no overtaking until you cross the line. The other problem with them is everyone tries to warm their tires up and this creates a stop start pace.

I think the best thing is to leave it how it is but with a much longer wait on the grid. Leagues can then do rolling starts if they wish.
I meant as far as LFS is concerned. The LFS oval probably has more T1 f--kups (and therefore restarts) than SO and BL put together - and T1 at the oval barely qualififes as a corner
#9 - ajp71
^^ That's more to do with the number of people who don't really have much of a clue about car control who attempt to start the fastest car in LFS.
Exactly
Yeah, half of those accidents are caused by people spinning off the line, and not even making it to the corner :P hehehe
#12 - Vain
The LFS GT league already does a parade lap with flying start in each race. So where's the suggestion?
The drivers do a parade lap. The software has few to do with that.

Vain
Quote from Vain :The LFS GT league already does a parade lap with flying start in each race. So where's the suggestion?
The drivers do a parade lap. The software has few to do with that.

Vain

... Because in the non league servers u get a lot of racers with hard ons on the first corner taking other people out cos their tires are cold.
Anyway most servers who would like a parade lap may not be able to enforce it unless they have a room full of people that listen.
Quote :unless they have a room full of people that listen.

LOL - nobody even listens on the forum and here we're not in a rush to get around T1 with an 18 second lead.
I like this idea.
Becky, see what ya sayin but i gotta say it is a rush when u get through a total mess of a pile up on the 1st corner. except for when the gravel patrol shout "Restart!!!"

Parade Lap/warm up lap
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG