The online racing simulator
GT1WS 2013 Round 1: Protests and Penalties
Please file any protests you wish to file here.

Qualifying Protests Deadline: 23:15 UTC Friday, 16 November 2012
Race Protests Deadline: 09:15 UTC Monday, 19 November 2012

Please Provide ALL of the following:

Session of Incident
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident
Lap and Location of Incident
Your Car Number
Other Car(s) Involved
Brief Description of Incident

Penalty Log:
Qualifying
#14 - Incorrect skin (missing all class overlays and plates) - loss of fastest lap
#16 - Incorrect skin (Am class plates on sides and no plate on bonnet) - loss of fastest lap
#55 - Incorrect numberplate ("CRT AM") - loss of fastest lap
#69 - Incorrect numberplate (blank) - loss of fastest lap

Race
None Yet.
As team manager of #60 Ummamuudu, I'm posting appeal on our penalty. Since #60 got penalty for having incorrect numberplate, we are in deep confusion becose we got penalty for following the rules.

NDR Sporting Code II.3 sets Livery Regulations, which also controls numberplate. Second point at the Livery section says following
Quote :A car's number plate (where available and configurable) is to be considered a part of the
livery and regulated as such. A car's number plate must be either blank, or contain the
team name or team tag of the team.

GT1WS Rules Book tightens the rule.
Quote :The number plate on a car shall be formatted as per NDR Sporting Code II.3.2, with the
following exceptions:
a) Blank numberplates are forbidden.

So #60 Ummamuudu got penalty becose we had our tag(umm...) for the numberplate.
Well, that's the penalty canned then. Next time actually clarify it before. It just looked like some random plate, hence why it got noted.
Session of Incident:R
Lap and Location of Incident: 62, turn after long straight
Your Car Number: 67
Other Car(s) Involved: 14
Brief Description of Incident: we feel unncecesarry contact was made when car 14 turned in early. just looking for a warning.
#6 - jkat
Session of Incident:R
Lap and Location of Incident: 57 , turn after long straight
Your Car Number: 64
Other Car(s) Involved: 52
Brief Description of Incident: 52 pumped in 64 rear when braking in to the curve causing damage to car 64.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident 2: 13: 45
Lap and Location of Incident 78 after sc2
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 16
Brief Description of Incident he spins off track and overtakes me and another car shortly after
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident 2: 20: 17
Lap and Location of Incident 83 corner before sc2 and corner after sc2
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 02
Brief Description of Incident 02 taps me twice, resulting in loss of two positions.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident 2: 24: 35
Lap and Location of Incident 86 just before s/f line
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 05
Brief Description of Incident 05 makes horrible mistake in judgement of pace of cars in front and rams me out, doesn't give place back.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident 2: 37: 00
Lap and Location of Incident 95 just after sc2
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 60
Brief Description of Incident 60 rams me off the road to overtake.
Session of Incident Race
Lap and Location of Incident 96 just after s/f line
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 60
Brief Description of Incident 60 rams me into spin this time to overtake.
Lap and Location of Incident: caution after just After the Red flag.
Your Car Number: 08.
Other Car(s) Involved: NDR Team
Brief Description of Incident.

After the restart of the first Red flag, I made my way up to 4th on track standings, due to a tracker ( admin team mess up ) I lost around 12 positions due to this mess up..
Yet again I managed to get myself into the lead and got crashed out by a driver with an incapability to drive ANYTHING to loose the win due to a pitstop..

IF this is not being looked at seriously, nfinity esports Cars #08 #12 #59 will consider wether or not to continue the series.
Session of Incident: Race
Time of Incident: 19:06
Lap and Location of Incident: 49th lap; first corner in sc2
Your Car Number: 60
Other Car(s) Involved: 58
Brief Description of Incident: #58 bumps #60 onto grass in braking zone, causing spin on the gravel and time loss.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident : 19:33:13
Lap and Location of Incident 90 sc3 last corner
Your Car Number 16
Other Car(s) Involved 07
Brief Description of Incident he breaked too late and pushed me out of the corner
UTC Time of Incident: 20:39
Lap and Location of Incident: 95th, beginning of the sector 3
Other Car(s) Involved: 07
Brief Description of Incident: 07 leaves me no room inside

UTC Time of Incident: 20:38
Lap and Location of Incident: 95th lap, backstraight
Brief Description of Incident: 07 passes me and starts to wave when I'm trying to get his draft. Too many movement on the straight.
-
(xtraction) DELETED by boothy : if we wanted your opinion we'd ask, or give it in the right thread
Quote from Bmxtwins :Session of Incident:R
Lap and Location of Incident: 62, turn after long straight
Your Car Number: 67
Other Car(s) Involved: 14
Brief Description of Incident: we feel unncecesarry contact was made when car 14 turned in early. just looking for a warning.

Protest rejected; The improper lap has been provided. We will not make an effort to search more than a lap or two either side of the incident to find it when there is only a lap provided and no timecode. We can find a timecode from the tracker if we must, but again, ALL fields must be filled out.

Quote from jkat :Session of Incident:R
Lap and Location of Incident: 57 , turn after long straight
Your Car Number: 64
Other Car(s) Involved: 52
Brief Description of Incident: 52 pumped in 64 rear when braking in to the curve causing damage to car 64.

DT (12s) to car 52, causing an avoidable accident

Quote from N I K I :Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident 2: 13: 45
Lap and Location of Incident 78 after sc2
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 16
Brief Description of Incident he spins off track and overtakes me and another car shortly after

DT (12s) to car 16, overtaking under SC

MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident 2: 20: 17
Lap and Location of Incident 83 corner before sc2 and corner after sc2
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 02
Brief Description of Incident 02 taps me twice, resulting in loss of two positions.

Racing incident, no penalty.

MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident 2: 24: 35
Lap and Location of Incident 86 just before s/f line
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 05
Brief Description of Incident 05 makes horrible mistake in judgement of pace of cars in front and rams me out, doesn't give place back.

DT (12s) to Car 05 for causing an avoidable incident under SC, following too closely. No car is forced to give the place back under any condition, that is a gentleman's maneuver.

General warning to all competitors to leave sufficient gaps to the car ahead under SC; as well as avoid sudden acceleration / deceleration

Lap and Location of Incident 95 just after sc2
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 60
Brief Description of Incident 60 rams me off the road to overtake.

Lap and Location of Incident 96 just after s/f line
Your Car Number 07
Other Car(s) Involved 60
Brief Description of Incident 60 rams me into spin this time to overtake.

Quote from TypeRacing :Session of Incident: Race
UTC Time of Incident: 20:39
Lap and Location of Incident: 95th, beginning of the sector 3
Brief Description of Incident: 07 leaves me no room inside

For all of these incidents: SG (24s) to Car 60, causing avoidable contact & incidents

UTC Time of Incident: 20:38
Lap and Location of Incident: 95th lap, backstraight
Brief Description of Incident: 07 passes me and starts to wave when I'm trying to get his draft. Too many movement on the straight.

Warning to Car 07 for excessive blocking / weaving in straight

Time of Incident: 19:06
Lap and Location of Incident: 49th lap; first corner in sc2
Other Car(s) Involved: 58
Brief Description of Incident: #58 bumps #60 onto grass in braking zone, causing spin on the gravel and time loss.

DT (12s) to Car 58, causing avoidable incident

Quote from Prototyp :Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident : 19:33:13
Lap and Location of Incident 90 sc3 last corner
Your Car Number 16
Other Car(s) Involved 07
Brief Description of Incident he breaked too late and pushed me out of the corner

DT (12s) to Car 07, causing an avoidable incident
There are still incidents / protests being reviewed, those will be announced soon.
Quote from Dennis93 :MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident
Lap and Location of Incident: caution after just After the Red flag.
Your Car Number: 08.
Other Car(s) Involved: NDR Team
Brief Description of Incident.

After the restart of the first Red flag, I made my way up to 4th on track standings, due to a tracker ( admin team mess up ) I lost around 12 positions due to this mess up..
Yet again I managed to get myself into the lead and got crashed out by a driver with an incapability to drive ANYTHING to loose the win due to a pitstop..

IF this is not being looked at seriously, nfinity esports Cars #08 #12 #59 will consider wether or not to continue the series.

This is officially declared a rejected protest because it is not asking for anything to overturn a result. However, it merits an official reply.

The issue started when I neglected to wave around the 13 cars that were trapped between the SC and the leader when the red flag was issued. This unfairly put them a lap down when I began sorting the wave-around as it pertained to the other cars, and led to the mass confusion to me in the following laps.

Other mistakes I made: The order does not revert on a red flag , UNLESS there is a requirement for /end (such as a server failure) or if the race result will be declared at that point. The reason a red flag like this is treated as such is to stop cars circulating when there is a track blockage or other major incident that makes travel around the course not particularly safe. It gives us time to let the disabled car clear the course after instruction, and us take a few extra minutes to sort things out without total chaos.

Simply, what I should have done was release the cars that were between the leader and the SC to take their position at the end of the queue, then release the cars from pitlane, then execute the wave-around before restarting the main queue as per procedure.

I believe this mistake was made because I was feeling too rushed for whatever the reason; I will in future take more time and also double-check the rules once getting the field stopped and the immediate situation that caused the red flag sorted.
Car 09 - Driver V. Pitkänen (Emyn) excluded from Round 1, Placed on NDR Probation for 6 months from the date of Round 1 (until 17 May 2013) for ignoring yellow flags, reckless driving, ignoring direct admin orders.

Skin penalties: Each car with an infraction will receive a DT penalty (12 seconds added to race time)

Car 15 - incorrect skin (Am numberboards on sides and no numberboard on bonnet)
Car 16 - incorrect skin (Am numberboards on sides and no numberboard on bonnet)
Car 70 - blank numberplate
Car 07 - incorrect skin (all elements missing) after rejoin
No 75% Violations. Any driver who is listed with > 75% of team's laps complete was not the active driver at the time of the rollback. We added the uncompleted laps (30 of them) to the current driver, and if their total laps in this case was >25%, no penalty will be applied.

No violations of Qualifying Driver must do one Full Lap.

No other issues unattended.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG