The online racing simulator
Logitech DFP - how's your set?
(10 posts, started )
#1 - neRu
I just got a DFP today for birthday present, and i've been fooling around a bit.

Is it just me, or is the FFB a bit... I dont know the exact word, but it feels hard no matter what i do (unless i turn it completely off). I cant get that smooth feeling like when i had my formula force.

I have it set on 900 degrees. It's easy to get the car turned in to the curner, but if the back steps out on a RWD, and i have to make fast moves, it feels like its trying to resist me quite a bit.

So, how is yours set in both windows and LFS?
#2 - filur
my sig
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#4 - jspec
100% FFB in the Profiler
20-60% in LFS depending on the car
200 degrees for racing
900 degrees for fun

You definetaly need a 3rd hand when racing with 900!

Edit: 900 degrees FTW!!!! lol
FF strenght (in Windows gaming options) 100%
Spring and Damping 0%
Central spring on but set on 0%
Rotation is set according to the car in game

In-Game
FF strength between 50 and 75 % depending on car and set
Rotation is set according to the car
Wheel turn compensation 50
Throttle/Brake centre reduction 0
Remove deadzones: Yes

There's an option to set the FFB back to the old fashioned like it was on the red momo and the black etc.. But I can't remember the key combo, it's something like L3 and left paddle or so. Perhaps anyone can remember this?

@jspec
Actually you don't need a 3rd hand even with more then 360degrees, it's just a thing of practice. I also had troubles at the beginning with the road cars (720 degrees) to catch oversteer. But now it's better and I can countersteer fast although it's still not perfect, but I'm working on it
#6 - neRu
I also have problems with catching oversteer. After some mingling with setup, it have gotten better, but still not very good. When i'm about to countersteer, the steeringwheel is tough to turn fast back.
#7 - neRu
That option on how to set the ffb as the good old steeringwheels, how do you activate it ?
Ok I found it on another thread:

Left paddle, R3 and Select do force feedback modes.
The left LED will blink once if you change to the older (softer) Force Feedback
and twice if it changes to the new one.
#9 - neRu
THERE it was! Thank you very much
Quote from LRB_Aly :
Actually you don't need a 3rd hand even with more then 360degrees, it's just a thing of practice. I also had troubles at the beginning with the road cars (720 degrees) to catch oversteer. But now it's better and I can countersteer fast although it's still not perfect, but I'm working on it

actually.. after a long period using 200 degrees, I switched to 900 today and, yes, after some laps u easily get used to it and now i think there's nothing better than using DFP at 900

also i drifted the XRT quite nicely on the first corner of AS Nat. lol it was nothin but just being lucky.. f***ck it i made it

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG