The online racing simulator
OutSim-Outgauge issue
(7 posts, started )
OutSim-Outgauge issue
Greetings. I am not sure for the section so if there's any problem feel free to move this.

I am testing x-sim with LFS for some future real intruments project. I noticed outgauge doesn't give me the rpm output. It only shows speed, gear, turbo (speed and gear values are working). I 've searched around the web but did not come up to anything similar so thats why i'm posting. also i m on fresh install of lfs_S2 0.6B and x-sim 3.0.0.6.

Thanks in advance.
hey, thanks for the reply. I've checked that link before but I don't know how to use this, besides my approach to this will be through Arduino plus I am not familiar with python.
Also I tried this before and I remember with some older versions of lfs and x-sim outgauge was displaying rpm and fuel. Only edited the cfg.txt of lfs and were all displaying fine. I am really confused. Should I check an older version of the game? I am not sure which of them is the real issue, the game or the x-sim..
The current version of LFS works well with this.

You generally want to:
Run the code in python, so you could have the data in usable form (variables).
Then get pyserial so you can get the data on the serial port (usb).
Then with Processing or whatever you get the serial data on the arduino (you have to work a bit on the data packaging, though).

This is of course do-able with other languages, but, although I hate python, it's too easy to ignore. Just download the python IDE and run it, it works as is (I think).
I'm doing the same, and RPM is reported. Are you saying you're not getting the data, or not finding what it's called, or...?
Unfortunately, the LFSManual entry is fairly useless unless you want to use Python.

All of the information you need is in LFS/docs/InSim.txt (at the end).

The structs & enums in that document are all C/C++, so you can just copy paste them as Arduino also uses C/C++. You may need to check the types though - I don't know if the type lengths are different for the Arduino than 32/64bit PC.
I know from my own experience that RPM is there from dealing with my own gauge project.

OutSim-Outgauge issue
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG