The online racing simulator
Well, many games remove automatically the important files, and let you do the removal of the personal files (replays, skins, saves) manually. That's safe but time-wasting.

The forced \LFS append is maybe the best idea (also for basic organisation reasons..), but still I cannot understand how could someone install LFS in \Program Files\
Well. I haven't used the LFS installer for a while, but if I recall correctly it first defaults to "c:\LFS". It's possible - especially when doing things quickly and just pressing next, as people do - to assume from this that it'll create an LFS folder anyway. This sort of thing isn't new to be honest, back in the day some programs created a folder, some didn't and sometimes it was hard to tell in advance because the installer didn't say either way. That sometimes ended up in "\LFS\LFS" style paths by accident.
little "improvement suggestion" - uninstall with keeping personal settings (replays, setups, skins, binds, settings,...)
this will make things much easier for people that want to remove VOB mods, messed something in dds and so on... or some kind of repair LFS feature, like most of todays programs have
Or let the uninstaller delete only shortcuts and undo registry changes (if any) and tell the user to delete the LFS folder manually...
Quote from Degats :AFAIK it can already do that, but LFS generates so many files (including many large ones like skins, replays etc) that the uninstaller won't know about but you may not want taking up space, which is why the 'delete everything' option is there.

My LFS folder is 1.43 GB in size. Hardly alot of space compared to most other games. I.E. 4.17 GB for PCars. 2.50 GB for Simraceway. 9.63 GB for Dirt Showdown.
My LFS directory is 5.2 Gb and over 3 Gb is because of skins (and I cleaned up not long ago).

LFS skin cache control wouldn't be bad like browsers have. (Max. XXX Mb for skins). But this is something for the pile of improvement suggestions
Quote from cargame.nl :

LFS skin cache control wouldn't be bad like browsers have. (Max. XXX Mb for skins). But this is something for the pile of improvement suggestions

and to first delete oldest accessed files.
but tbh i would never use it, but sure most of people will use such a feature/should be default
My skins_x/ folder alone is nearly 3.5GB. If I'd had high resolution skin downloads on, skins_y/ could be 4 times that size.
Then there's skins/, high resolution modified textures, autosaved replays etc.

The amount of space a long running LFS install uses can easily mount up.

I have LFS on a 1TB data drive, so I don't really care if it gets big after a while (I do purge mprs occasionally though)
However, if I uninstall a program I don't expect it to be taking up any significant disk space at all - that's usually the only reason why I'd uninstall something in the first place. And by significant space I mean no more than a few MBs for user settings.
To answer Scawen, I believe I initially installed it in the default C:\LFS. It is now installed in C:\Documents and Settings\"my user name"\LFS

Will this cause any issues if I find the need to unistall?

Thank you Victor for addressing this in the upcoming update!

Cheers
I used to have my LFS installed on C:\Users\Myaccount\ Folder, and it pretty much deleted everything every folder (Pictures, Videos, Games, Downloaded Files etc.) there
Quote from rickk2010 :To answer Scawen, I believe I initially installed it in the default C:\LFS. It is now installed in C:\Documents and Settings\"my user name"\LFS

Will this cause any issues if I find the need to unistall?

That should be fine, as it would only delete the ...\LFS folder.

If anyone's not sure if the location they installed LFS is safe from deletion or not, just untick the "Remove Live for Speed folder" box in the uninstaller and it won't delete anything other than shortcuts and file associations.
You can then manually delete whatever LFS files you need to.
Since LFS is intended to go on the c:\ drive directly, there's really only a few things needed to goof-proof the installation process.

- non-interactive installation (no user input except "Do you wish to install?")
- overide destination path (defaults to c:\lfs, overwrites if LFS is present)
- uninstall forced to c:\lfs & subfolders only

Quote from ricky2010 :
...It is now installed in C:\Documents and Settings\"my user name"\LFS

Will this cause any issues if I find the need to unistall?...

Yeah it most likely would do the exact same thing if it's the same uninstaller version as the one that removed more than it was supposed to. I'd suggest just using a file shredder and deleting only the LFS folder that way if you need to until it's fixed just to be on the safe side.
I think the OP browsed for C:/Program Files hoping that LFS will auto create LFS sub folder.
Yes but having C:\LFS as a default path, implies that it needs "LFS" in order to create an LFS folder. Otherwise the default would be C:\.
It implies that whatever folder the user selects, \LFS is created in it.

It's really a matter of perspective, I've seen it happen both ways over the years. A little bit of clarification, and it's fine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG