The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think of the Fragmaster team

What community, didn't know they had one
They only race oval don't they?
Don't like the community, don't like the drivers
Like the community, like the drivers
Don't like the community, like the drivers
Like the community, don't like the drivers
Quote from Fetzo :don't you try to blame this desaster on Thor.

he seems to be the most sensible FM-member who posted in this thread.

Leave that decision to those who know what they are talking about. I mean, you neither know Thor, nor any other FM-Member. It has nothing to do who postet the most sensible. Its just fact, I think its now said the third time (read the entire post before replying please), he started this thread without knowleadge of any other FM Member.
Over and out
Quote from Torben :Leave that decision to those who know what they are talking about. I mean, you either know Thor, nor any other FM-Member. It has nothing to do who postet the most sensible. Its just fact, I think its now said the third time (read the entire post before replying please), he started this thread without knowleadge of any other FM Member.
Over and out

dont you get it ? it doesnt matter who started this thread or why he did it its about how you guys acted after thor started the discussion
Quote from Shotglass :dont you get it ? it doesnt matter who started this thread or why he did it its about how you guys acted after thor started the discussion

Hm.. then you should ask the question, why we reacted how we reacted. People posting without knowing anything about the subject, or complaining about thing without bringing facts into it. Its nothing more than accusations without having any proof of anything. And every word any FM'ler says is twisted around and interpreted against us. Every freakin time, just because we race the oval. And in many peoples opinion Oval is crap, for which u dont need any skills, and therefore the drivers racing the oval must be crap and skill-less too. Im tired and sick of this. Can someone please close this thread..... let us race what we want and race for godssake what u want.

And, yes I know that one of our Members started that thread, so dont remind me about that Im not dumb. I wish he wouldn't have started it, but life is a bitch
Quote from thisnameistaken :The only server I've seen is your oval server, which - even for an oval server - I thought was awful. So bad, I recall saying that it "wasn't even like playing LFS". So I voted that "I don't like the community".

I don't know the drivers, but bumped into Jambo on the banger racing server a week or so ago and found him taking it all too seriously. When I suggested we collectively mug him I got a bunch of verbal abuse from him, so: "I don't like the drivers".

Sorry, you did ask.

Just reread the thread. Who is Jambo?? Cant recall him as an FM Member, so what has this to do with the topic???
Quote from Torben :Hm.. then you should ask the question, why we reacted how we reacted. People posting without knowing anything about the subject, or complaining about thing without bringing facts into it. Its nothing more than accusations without having any proof of anything. And every word any FM'ler says is twisted around and interpreted against us. Every freakin time, just because we race the oval. And in many peoples opinion Oval is crap, for which u dont need any skills, and therefore the drivers racing the oval must be crap and skill-less too. Im tired and sick of this. Can someone please close this thread..... let us race what we want and race for godssake what u want.

And, yes I know that one of our Members started that thread, so dont remind me about that Im not dumb. I wish he wouldn't have started it, but life is a bitch

whatever anybody said flaiming them and or flaming back at them is simply unprofessional and certainly doesnt help if thor ever wants to get honest oppinions
and those post on your forum wont help if you guys ever want to get a good reputation in this community

and stop victimising yourself like that it doesnt help your case one bit
Quote from tristancliffe :So THAT'S what FM stands for. Don't see a lot of you because I don't visit the oval (especially on the FM server), and I wasn't even aware of your forums/ventrillos/communitys. Sorry. If the oval junkies server hadn't been mentioned I wouldn't have had a clue who you were. And I was never helped on the odd occasion I joined the junkies server, just told to not be on the track and had a million server messages like "FM-Whocares has set a PB" or "Please clear the track unless you've done 100,000,000 laps of the oval in this car"

I guess oval junkies has a certain notoriety around here.

Still rereading the thread.
Ähm excuse me. I cant remember when u were on our Oval.
Yes there is a message "Please ckear track immediately after crash shift+s"
But NOT "Please clear track unless you've done 100,000,000 laps of oval in this car". There isnt a single FM who EVER said something like that. Thats exactly the problem. The people dislike us and interpret what they want in something. I mean, dont you feel ridiculous???? Maybe you should switch on your brain before posting next time. And I dont care if that was too aggressive now, as Im getting really pissed of. We have many drivers on the oval that visit our server for a long period of time and have absolut no problems, because they can read and therefore obey the rules. Some people have to learn, that oval isnt as any other racetrack and the rules are there so everybody can have a good race. But obviously you dont even want to understand that or even try it out, longer than for 5 mins. cause it takes some time to challenge the cars you are travelling with and start having fun on the oval
Quote from Shotglass :whatever anybody said flaiming them and or flaming back at them is simply unprofessional and certainly doesnt help if thor ever wants to get honest oppinions
and those post on your forum wont help if you guys ever want to get a good reputation in this community

and stop victimising yourself like that it doesnt help your case one bit

Personally, I dont give a shit about my reputation in the LFS community. What counts for me is having fun with my friends and share a good time. And my friends are in the Fragmaster Community. We respect each other and we flame each other every day, because we know we can do and lough about it afterwards. But thats a different case.

MODERATOR : CLOSE THREAD!!!!!!!
ah, I forgot moderators dont read threads about oval, as oval sucks, my fault
The nice thing about the internet bringing groups of people with similar interests together is that it gives them some common ground on which they can start arguing with each other.

I can feel the love in here! :grouphug:
lol...this has been one interesting thread to read...ill give you all that much. Really makes good reading when your bored off your ass!

I am a member of EagleRaceTeam and that is a team that once was under the wing of Fragmaster, and we made a lot of friends over the time together. Now we are a more independent team, but still very closely tied with fragmaster. I really value every friendship I've made, as they are all pretty kool dudes. If you spent enough time with us (joining our Ventrilo server) you would see how quickly we could have a good time...and we are really open to people. Now, I don't understand why something little like this had to become soo huge, but it did, and shit like that happens.

But bottom line, NO ONE HAS TO LIKE THE OVAL!! It's just a different form of racing that doesn't catch on everywhere. I think some of my buddies need to see that. It's ok for someone not to like the form of racing they happen to do all day long.

But it's not ok to be soo rude and critical about it! If you don't like it...GREAT! But don't be soo critical and rude about like "only idiots race oval, it takes no skill bla bla bla" There's no need for that. I started racing the oval, when EAGLE was an all-oval team, and I happened to be a big IndyCar/NASCAR fan. I'll tell you, it took skill to pull the things off that we did, and we had A LOT of fun doing it! But overall, I can still see how some of you may think about it because, when you look at it....we were just going around in circles. Still though, there is no reason to be so severe about it towards any oval fans whenever it gets brought up because, they dont go crazy over circuit racing.

I understand the anger some of you may have with the way you claim certain members behave AFTER being mistreated to begin with. You have to understand, they are severe because they are having to deal with this severe criticism of yours EVERYTIME something oval-related is brought up in these forums...again I wonder, WHY? I normally try to keep out of these discussions, but I see as there is this 7 PAGE THREAD ON NOTHING, I wanted to spill my 2 cents. I think, in order for these childish discussions to end, the community has to be a little more fair about the whole oval deal. MAINLY, if it is an oval thread, and you don't like the oval, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU READ/POST IN THE THREAD!! Common, thats a simple one, just trying to get your post count up by starting controversy? Seriously, you don't like the oval, why get involved in an oval discussion.
Next, just be less severe when responding. Dont make your first response "...ah well, whatever...the oval is a stupid racing form that requires no skill what so ever and only idiots drive it. And those servers get so serious, like those FM dudes that have that dumb kick/ban abuse and auto-pit"

Common guys, grow up, there is no need for that. I mean if you don't make a senseless insult, why would they react harshly and then fuel your fire? Just do your part to avoid this shit.

Then, TO THE OVAL DRIVERS! Don't be so critical of your sport. You are going around in circles, so its easy for people to see it in a shallow immature way. But do YOUR part by not paying any attention. You see those senseless posts, dont even right a reply to those posts. Just continue on with the discussion directed towards those members that seemed interested. No reason to respond to that senseless stuff. But remember, I was an oval racer, so I kno what skill it took, and we all know it within our community. So leave it at that, no point in changing people. Just relax, have a good time like LFS was built for. Don't let a forum discussion work you up!

And for FM, you guys really got to be that LITTLE bit more tolerant of others. I understand the rules are there, easy to read, and they are there to promote better racing, but a lot of those drivers have never been on a server run like FM. I think FM is the only server with these programs. Let's just be a little more helpful, bring DOWN the Ban-o-meter, and just work with them. it will be a better result in the end. There is a lot of Banned drivers out there who get mad at the whole FM community because they claimed to be banned for no reason. Just be a bit more tolerant. No one wants to be BANNED from a server, so don't over abuse it and be more clear with these people. some people need a little more special attention than others .

All in all, I hope people read this, understand, and do their part! Common mates, we're all friends here, brothers...we all share something: A PASSIONATE LOVE FOR RACING! ALL FORMS, whether they differ amongst us or not, we're all here to do the samething: RACE & HAVE FUN! So let's just cheer up and do our parts to help end this Oval vs. the world discussion. We should never be against eachother....it should be a UNITED fight: RACERS vs. The idiots that think racing is not a sport!!!

So there's my peice...read it or not. And its unbiased, as I dont like to lean things in one way or the other. Besides I was once an oval racer, and a skilled one at that, and now am a circuit racer, another skilled one...so i see both sides, and I know what it takes to be skilled in both sides. And to quote my good friend th84...

Let's just "AGREE TO DISAGREE''! that's what seperates us from the rest of the animals and the idiots in the world...we can choose how to react to others!

Have fun, and my regards,

RaCeR or SennABoy
I gotta say, I've raced with the guys from FM quite a bit. There are a select few that arent very pleasant, we all know who they are. But that doesnt make them all ****s does it?
I would like to say " Fm sounds like a oval freak team thats has no sense, and they always make the new community trying this sport feel unwelcome by making alot of RULES and always BANNING , and KICKING people who has NO experience in Oval Racing"

I can feel the love In here ~! :grouphug:
Quote from Torben :Personally, I dont give a shit about my reputation in the LFS community.

if you dont care one bit about how youre perceived in the lfs community then why in the name of god do you post in a thread that is about haw youre percieved in the lfs community ?
Quote from [B :Torben[/B]]Originally Posted by Torben
Personally, I dont give a shit about my reputation in the LFS community.

excuse his no-sence language, he just doesn't care about his own community
becoming a very childish thread
This was a thread begging the Trolls to come out....I still don't understand why it was even started but to re-inforce a decision a certain person was pondering.
Quote from naskavu :excuse his no-sence language, he just doesn't care about his own community

What are you even talking about? His community is his choice....LFS is public domain....if he didnt care about his community being [FM] then he wouldnt be on here right nowillepall .
well i can see a lot of people are quite childish, blind, and stupid. I posted a sensefull reply and it seems most people just read the last reply and just post stupid crap again and again. Some people just don't learn, and others are just mean, critical, worthless human beings that do not deserve to breathe our oxygen.
Quote from naskavu :I would like to say " Fm sounds like a oval freak team thats has no sense, and they always make the new community trying this sport feel unwelcome by making alot of RULES and always BANNING , and KICKING people who has NO experience in Oval Racing"

Seriously, this is absolut bullshit!!! What a dipshit!
Youm dont know **** about FM and our oval. And by writing that we alwys Ban and Kick you proof that you just swim with the masses, are a follower and have absolutley no own opinion. I guess you never even visited our server, and if you did you must have behaved as a complete ****. Every new racer is welcome as long as he can obey the rules. If u dont want to obey our rules, live with it and dont visit our server, and dont wonder when u get kicked.
In road traffic, if u dont follow the rules, your licence is gone sooner or later, or you get a 4 week ban from the streets to start with. Its the same on our oval. And we made the rules cause we have experienced they make racing on the oval better, safer and in the end more enjoyable.
But you shouldnt stick your nose in every shit, that you have no clue about. Get a life!

Quote from naskavu or whatever :excuse his no-sence language, he just doesn't care about his own community

Maybe you should learn to read. I said I dont give a **** about it in the LFS Community not the FM-Community
Quote from mike11973 :This was a thread begging the Trolls to come out....I still don't understand why it was even started but to re-inforce a decision a certain person was pondering.

The sad thing is, that the decision of this one person is made on the back of the other Community Members. Thats sad in my opinion.
Quote from Shotglass :if you dont care one bit about how youre perceived in the lfs community then why in the name of god do you post in a thread that is about haw youre percieved in the lfs community ?

I am replying because I love my community (the Fm one) and some members in the community are very upset about all that shit going on here, and that makes me sad, and I will always defend and fight for my friends.
Quote from Torben :The sad thing is, that the decision of this one person is made on the back of the other Community Members. Thats sad in my opinion.

Agreed....this thread should have never been started...it was begging for trouble from the get go. You can't expect people to be anything except what they are so putting something out there like this is bound to bring the Troll's out.
Some people may know me, some may not.. But that isn't important for this reply...

Let's just clear a few points up.

Firstly, Thor posted the thread here, not 'The FM Team'. It was his desire to get an opinion, for himself. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously doesn't know much about the FM Community anyway.

Regarding the Oval Server that FM run, yes, it has a lot of "noobs" on it, and there are lots of crashes. This tends to make the admin a little wary of people, and so perhaps sometimes bans/kicks are put in place when they simply shouldn't have been. It happens everywhere, not just the FM Oval Server.

FM also run some other servers, including WE, Aston and from time to time a banger server. They also have a demo server running, but I doubt any of you care about the "good things" FM do for the overall LFS community.

FM house many other taems on their Ventrilo server, free of charge. A server which is hosted by Failure, from a rented server... Which he pays for. Free stuff for everyone, except Failure, who ends up with the bill.

FM also run servers for other games, such as Quake 3 and "That other racing game", free of charge. More freebies for the scavenging forumites.

Let's see, FM also host LFS servers for other teams, so far as I know. I believe MW team (Or something like that) have one. Free stuff abound.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Blackspider is a brown-noser who's kissing Failure's arse."... You're mistaken. I am banned from the FM Ventrilo, and don't visit their servers. I recently told them what I thought of them, but Iwon't repeat my colourful words here. So, what gives?...

There are some FM members who I detest.. A lot of them. There's a few who I really like, Torben and Thor are in that list, as are a few others. In general, I dislike the FM Community, and have voted as such. But please, don't think of them as 'oval noobs' who just rape the LFS community for all their needs. The FM community gives far more back than they have ever taken.

The collective intelligence of the FM Community is lower than some, I grant you. There are a few childish kick-happy admin, and I was also known for being quick to kick. I have the patience-span of a pregnant hippo on crystal meth.

In short, what I'm trying to say is this... Regardless of your feelings about the FM community on the whole, bear in mind all the good things they do for the LFS community, and the general gaming community. They may have idiots within their ranks, but their heart (if not their brain) is in the right place.

I believe this thread has gone on far too long, and has been so derailed that it servers no purpose other than to further anger people who should just go read something else. I vote for a moderator intervention to put a halt on this pathetic trail of petty squabiling.

- The Black Spider, Founder of the Federation Against Bump-Drafting.
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
Quote from BlackSpider :
Now, I know what you're thinking. "Blackspider is a brown-noser who's kissing Failure's arse."... You're mistaken.

It isn't so. In fact you don't know, unless you're able to read the mind via Internet. What if somebody read another thread on FM before reading what you have written now? He/she could know a part of a story that you made public and have an idea about you (and someone else) already, heavily contrasting with your expectations. It was an interesting story that made me think a lot. At the same time, there was nothing particularly strange in what I read, it all seemed so fitting in its way. So your post is nothing new. But basically what you wrote here and elsewhere tells there may be some problems that can and must be corrected. These are problems which have to be solved internally to FM, but at the same time these very problems affect the way FM community is perceived by non-FM members, and the results are clear. FM members who deny this and reduce other people's opinions to trolling or flaming, or state their will to defend friends because they are friends won't do any good. Moreover, it doesn't change the perception of FM, which is for many people in this moment similar to the one you expressed. I find this rather ironical.
I started this thread, I shouldn't have, I wish I didn't, and I wish I could close the thread.

Some people have a very blinkered view, other don't have a view and form opinions on what other say....

Some poeple race happily for months on FM servers, even years, then do something really stupid, get banned and start pointing the finger at FM community insulting them....

This thread was meant for honest opinion, I got a few, but it has simply turned into a flame-a-thon..... It needs to be closed ASAP....

I hope the LFS community now has the inteeligence to leave this thread alone, eveyone who has a problem, just let it lie, everyone who has read something bad AND NOW FORMED AN OPINION as I read in one thread, should goto the FM servers and actully try it yourself, you will probably be pleasently surprised!!!!

I would like to apologise to everyone for starting this thread, but it goes to show that some people can't form their own opinion, and some people can't understand others.

FM is a great team, and a fantastic community to be part of, most of the time, we have a great laugh and fun races.

Once again,
PLEASE DON'T POST ANYMORE IN THIS THREAD

Thank you
Quote from Thorvertonian :I started this thread, I shouldn't have, I wish I didn't, and I wish I could close the thread.

To get this clear. I´m - and I guess all others - are NOT pissed that you´re opened that thread. The thread shows the opinions of cool racers but mostly kids in the lfs forum. Some guys who post a lot here don´t even FINISHED ONE RACE IN LFS. But claim to be the KNOW-IT-ALL.

The thread shows clearly how short some people think and act. Only read the last post and spam spam spam. That´s it in a public forum. Boring? No, funny.

Look in any oval/drift/drag thread. The crowd needs someone to blame. Have a good one Thor!
This thread is closed

What do you think of the Fragmaster Team?
(239 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG