The online racing simulator
NOTICE OF INQUIRY: Sporting Code Update
New Dimension Racing are seeing input via this Notice of Inquiry (NOI) to improve the NDR Sporting Code ahead of the 2013 Winter Season.

This NOI will close at 23:59 UTC on Thursday, 25 October 2012. Following this NOI, there will be a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) which will state the changes that NDR elects to implement.

You are welcome to suggest things from other rulebooks that should be in the Sporting Code instead of the other rulebooks. Any mistakes / omissions / corrections / changes you think need to be made are welcome. Discussion of the change ideas is encouraged.

This thread is limited to regulations and policies. Scheduling, Series ideas, etc are to be discussed in the Calendar Discussion thread. I will remove posts which are offtopic or otherwise pointless.
#2 - CSF
Generally speaking there have been times where someone breaks a rule, but gets a "warning" even though they gain a position. I think the situation should be more like they will get a penalty if they gain a position but if they don't they would get a warning. In that case, if its something minor and they're running in close formation still the admins could just say "you should let them through" and nothing has to happen. The bumpdrafting in the final round for example should have been handled like that. Last season me and Tomek had a couple of contacts which gained us an advantage, and we both gave the positions back so it should be common sense already. Its hugely frustrating to see someone only get a warning when they do something which helps them pass you, because they've cheated to gain an advantage. I'm not being bitter because it can work against us also in future, but I think for future things like that if theres a rule there thats broken people should be punished for breaking it if they gain from it, rather than a "warning" which doesnt help the team thats disadvantaged at all...

I don't know if you need to change anything in the sporting code based on that, I would have thought it would just be covered under 10.1.b, but its still relevant to this topic imo
I suggest that you remove section XII. which regards entrance fees. Unless you actually plan to charge, in which case it should be by team imo.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG