The online racing simulator
Formula Ford finally bites the bullet

Was only a matter of time. But by the looks of it F4 has stolen the thunder.
I have heard that the F4 car will be over budget (for example, Ralph thought that a carbon front wing plane would cost £300, and was amazed when he was quoted £1000 minimum), that the FIA/MSA has refused to even bother crash testing it because it's so poorly designed, and that the unreliability will have to be seen to be appreciated.

So maybe a winged Formula Ford will actually steal the limelight off F4........
Possibly, but FF will have to cut the costs dramatically either way. Though that is off-set slightly by the extra coverage FF will get next year with ITV4.

What is it with new cars and dodgy build quality recently? Everyone said the same about the new F Renault car hence its demise.
Isn't this just basically a new Formula 2000?
as far as i can tell, not much resembles a formula ford right there...
It's EcoBoost car from this year with a new nose and rear wing, that's all. I can see why they've done it. Even though wingless cars with threaded tyres probably teaches the kids the most, they don't want to do it when FRenault, F4 etc have wings and slicks. And it is all about bums on seats.

The main problem is that everyone is too professional these days. You seem to have to have a big truck, fancy garage floors, a dedicated datalogger analyst, team radios, pitbikes etc, so the cost of the car is actually a small proportion of the annual budget. Obviously you can't force teams to run a car out of a trailer, with one mechanic, home rebuilt engines, no datalogging etc.

The way to lower budgets and boost grids is to get rid of all this stuff, slash the costs, and return to simple racing.

I'm a victim myself - we have a truck and an awning, and a small pitcrew, and lifters, and dataloggers - so I'm not totally innocent. But I refuse to have garage flooring or team radios or a prat perch!
Quote from tristancliffe : But I refuse to have garage flooring or team radios or a prat perch!

You have datalogger, but refusing to have teamradio? For real? It's really useful during the race in every aspect you can think of...
#7 - JJ72
Maybe he prefer using Whatsapp instead.
<3 Whatsapp
Quote from tristancliffe :It's EcoBoost car from this year with a new nose and rear wing, that's all. I can see why they've done it. Even though wingless cars with threaded tyres probably teaches the kids the most, they don't want to do it when FRenault, F4 etc have wings and slicks. And it is all about bums on seats.

The main problem is that everyone is too professional these days. You seem to have to have a big truck, fancy garage floors, a dedicated datalogger analyst, team radios, pitbikes etc, so the cost of the car is actually a small proportion of the annual budget. Obviously you can't force teams to run a car out of a trailer, with one mechanic, home rebuilt engines, no datalogging etc.

The way to lower budgets and boost grids is to get rid of all this stuff, slash the costs, and return to simple racing.

I'm a victim myself - we have a truck and an awning, and a small pitcrew, and lifters, and dataloggers - so I'm not totally innocent. But I refuse to have garage flooring or team radios or a prat perch!

Scuse me.

Since when have fords been 2000ccm???
We're not allowed pit to car radio, and we have no need for pitcrew radio.

I never said Fords were 2000cc

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG