The online racing simulator
suzuka 2012 [f1]
(93 posts, started )
So now it's the other cars fault at Spa?

Which warnings did Grosjean have before Spa?
TBH its exactly like Spa its just the end result was different So FIA didn't need to over react to it.
So Grosjean was punished not for what he did, but the end result? Is that fair?
Quote from tristancliffe :So Grosjean was punished not for what he did, but the end result? Is that fair?

Its pretty obvious this was the case.
Quote from tristancliffe :So now it's the other cars fault at Spa?

Which warnings did Grosjean have before Spa?

You dont even ****ing read peoples posts? I quite clearly said "Its Alonso's fault." It was just a more understandable 1 considering that he was having to watch Button etc also. Maybe you should just get a brain transplant from someone who actually has the capacity to read
No, you said the context was different because the other cars were doing different things. But that doesn't change the fact that Alonso moved over on Kimi just as Grosjean moved over on Lewis. Luckily for Alonso he only took himself out, but I still think he needs a good telling off...
Quote from tristancliffe :Luckily for Alonso he only took himself out, but I still think he needs a good telling off...

I think he knows what he did wrong. He admitted it mid-race.
Quote from tristancliffe :So Grosjean was punished not for what he did, but the end result? Is that fair?

That's how all punishment works. If I aim a gun at your head and shoot then the criminal punishment is based on how good a shot I am, not my intent to kill you.
Quote from englishlord :That's how all punishment works. If I aim a gun at your head and shoot then the criminal punishment is based on how good a shot I am, not my intent to kill you.

In most common law countries (eg. US, UK, Canada, Australia, etc), crime involves physical and mental elements: guilty conduct and guilty mind. Both have to be proven in a court of law. There are some crimes where only the physical element is required to be proven, but those are limited cases.

This is why accidental killings are treated differently to intentional killings, and also why those who are mentally deranged are sent to institutions for psychiatric treatment rather than punishment.

If I recall correctly, the stewards' decision to ban Grosjean was due to:
* History of crashes
* The crash involved leading world championship contenders

Pretty unfair, IMHO, but it is what it is.

Alonso doesn't deserve a ban. He was being a hypocrite though (at Monza: "always you have to leave the space!!!").
That is, ultimately, my point.

Everyone seems to enjoy ripping into Grosjean's slight errors of judgement, but forget that somebody does something similar at most races, and often has world-championships to their name. Yet in those situations it is somehow "the other cars'" fault.

I've heard people suggest that Raikonnen was to blame for hitting Alonso, and as such Hamilton must be to blame for hitting Grosjean - regardless of the resulting crash, who it took out, and how important their safety is (Glock doesn't matter as much as Alonso apparently). If Grosjean is to blame, then so in Alonso. Easy. Consistent. Transparent.

Consistency should be consistent, regardless of number of championships won, the surname or anything.

Grosjean had no prior official warnings I don't think.
#86 - CSF
With Grosjean, the stewards took into account that he had been involved in 7 first lap incidents this season, and took into account the amount of cars caught up in the destruction. You can't claim the same with Alonso, nor Alonso's incident.

Infact, it was the same with Schumacher in Singapore, two hits at the back, two 5 place penalties.
#87 - aoun
Maybe the stewards work like cops. If you get pulled over speeding, with a clean record, you may get away or let off with a warning. However, if you get pulled over for speeding with a bad history of speeding, your pretty much going to get fined.

Alonso isnt really a dirty driver, even though he is a hyporcrite.

Grosjean isnt a dirty driver, just takes more risks and makes more mistakes. Race ban could have been to make him ease off the risks, not so much about him being a bad or unsafe driver.

As for Schumacher...lets not get started. He should get a 10 place penalty if he breathes wrong.
Quote from samjh :In most common law countries (eg. US, UK, Canada, Australia, etc), crime involves physical and mental elements: guilty conduct and guilty mind. Both have to be proven in a court of law. There are some crimes where only the physical element is required to be proven, but those are limited cases.

This is why accidental killings are treated differently to intentional killings, and also why those who are mentally deranged are sent to institutions for psychiatric treatment rather than punishment.

If I recall correctly, the stewards' decision to ban Grosjean was due to:
* History of crashes
* The crash involved leading world championship contenders

Pretty unfair, IMHO, but it is what it is.

Alonso doesn't deserve a ban. He was being a hypocrite though (at Monza: "always you have to leave the space!!!").

Guilt and punishment are two different things. The former is not really relevant as crashes are pretty much exclusively accidents so you don't need to factor intent or any of those things you mentioned. All the stewards need to factor is who was at fault and was it avoidable/the result of ****wittery, that gets a penalty or not. The penalty is then decided by the amount it affected someone else's race. If you take out a load of cars, almost chopping someone's head off, you're going to get a harsher deal than if you just spin round and only **** your own race up. I don't see what people see as unfair with that?
#92 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :Oh hai Lotus, don't sack my mate Romain plz.

That's all the article is.

Indeed. How can I spin my mates actions into other people's faults. Though to be honest Romain is a fantastic driver, and if he is dropped it would be a damn shame. I don't think he will though, thankfully.
Judging by how he's handling himself it's hard to say if he's on the verge of getting the boot or not. Last weekend I would of said yes.

suzuka 2012 [f1]
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG