The online racing simulator
Hi guys need some advice
(5 posts, started )
Hi guys need some advice
Hi everyone, just spoke to a guy who has a 2 year old Logitech Formula Force wheel in red with the pedals.
He wants £25.00 inc p+p.
What i'm asking is weather its worth waiting to get an ffp wheel or get this one which is in great shape btw
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#2 - dadge
you could add another £25 and get a dfp from dabs
I think thats too much for a old wheel.20 would be more fair.
Thanks guys, your knowledge knows no bounds, think i'll wait til me bday at the end of aug and get me bird to get me the DFP
#5 - Rob76
Although you seem to be waiting on for the DFP (which is a very solid wheel) I will add that if it's the original Wingman Formula Force then it's a great wheel (not the crappy Wingman Formula Force GP model which was also red).

It has cable driven force feedback (unlike the gear driven momo and DFP) which gives much more subtle (and quiet) control. I have heard stories of the cable breaking, but mine went about 5 years constant use (started with GPL) without a problem. I still have it and it works fine - it was retired year or two ago when I got a DFP.

The steering lock is tiny - claimed to be about 200 degrees, but it is more like 180.

The pedals aree a mixed blessing. They are ultra reliable (non of the problems seen with the Momo and DFP) but they don't have a huge travel, so don't give as much precision as (working) DFP pedals.

It came in two versions, one with just a serial connection (no good for Windows XP if I remember) and one with a serial/USB adapter. Also, I believe the latest wingman drivers dropped support for the WFF, so if you're running WinXP 64bit it probably won't work.

Overall a nice wheel. If you could knock the seller down from 25 quid, it might carry you over until you can assess logi's G25 in October.

Hi guys need some advice
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG