The online racing simulator
Muddy and ugly skins
(9 posts, started )
Muddy and ugly skins
so ive been trying to get my skins to work but they turn muddy when i use them, they look like they have been stretched out into a rez the game cannot read because it looks that bad and i cant understand what im doing wrong, i put the skins in the skins and the dds folders but when i load the game the resolution turns out horrid. please help!
Hi there! Can you attach the skin-file (the .jpg) image to your next post to see if the skin file is ok?

It also would help if you take a screenshot of the skin in-game so that someone could try and see what could be wrong for the skin to turn out muddy or stretched...
Quote from Silverracer :Hi there! Can you attach the skin-file (the .jpg) image to your next post to see if the skin file is ok?

It also would help if you take a screenshot of the skin in-game so that someone could try and see what could be wrong for the skin to turn out muddy or stretched...

i got it from google and it just had the layout of the pic, and im not too sure on how to take a screen shot but ill see if i can do it
Hmmm. Have you managed to save a skin from the internet and got it to work without it turning muddy/stretched?

Anyway, try this: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=107320&d=1279967028

That's a skin I've made a while back. Click on the link above, right click on the image and save it as "XRT_MMC EVO TOMMI.jpg" your /LFS/data/skins folder.

Now, in LFS, go to the pits, select the XRT and click on "new colours". The file "MMC EVO TOMMI" will appear on the list and you will be able to click on it to use it from now one.

Does that skin appear fine in-game? Or does it still looks weird?

You can take a screenshot in-game by pressing CTRL+s. The screenshot will be saved in the /LFS/data/shots folder. You can attach that image here so that we will be able to view it...

Have a go and let us know...
Quote from Silverracer :Hmmm. Have you managed to save a skin from the internet and got it to work without it turning muddy/stretched?

Anyway, try this: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=107320&d=1279967028

That's a skin I've made a while back. Click on the link above, right click on the image and save it as "XRT_MMC EVO TOMMI.jpg" your /LFS/data/skins folder.

Now, in LFS, go to the pits, select the XRT and click on "new colours". The file "MMC EVO TOMMI" will appear on the list and you will be able to click on it to use it from now one.

Does that skin appear fine in-game? Or does it still looks weird?

You can take a screenshot in-game by pressing CTRL+s. The screenshot will be saved in the /LFS/data/shots folder. You can attach that image here so that we will be able to view it...

Have a go and let us know...

Thanks i will do!

Looks like this

turned out great!
Looks alright to me.

Make sure the other skins that you download from the internet are saved just like that.

It is quite likely that the skin that you downloaded might be of the wrong size, or for a different car.

For example, if you save a skin made for the XFG as a XRT it would look weird...

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Post if you got more issues to deal with.

Quote from Silverracer :Looks alright to me.

Make sure the other skins that you download from the internet are saved just like that.

It is quite likely that the skin that you downloaded might be of the wrong size, or for a different car.

For example, if you save a skin made for the XFG as a XRT it would look weird...

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Post if you got more issues to deal with.

Thanks, you give me hope that the LFS community may be a little better than the GT5 community
#8 - Gunn
Check the resolution of the image (length and width in pixels). LFS skins are square images, if you use an elongated image like a long rectangle it will stretch and distort. Additionally, the actual size makes a difference too - if you use a tiny little pic LFS will try to apply it to the 3D model and you will get distortion and stretching. Common skin sizes include: 512 x 512, or 1024 x 1024 etc. I hope this info is useful, good luck.
Quote from Gunn :Check the resolution of the image (length and width in pixels). LFS skins are square images, if you use an elongated image like a long rectangle it will stretch and distort. Additionally, the actual size makes a difference too - if you use a tiny little pic LFS will try to apply it to the 3D model and you will get distortion and stretching. Common skin sizes include: 512 x 512, or 1024 x 1024 etc. I hope this info is useful, good luck.

yeah i found out that the file was just about 200x200

Muddy and ugly skins
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG