The online racing simulator
Looking for a RTS
(24 posts, started )
Looking for a RTS
Looking for a good RTS set between WW1-2012, slow paced and and learning curve doesn't matter.

I already have Company of Heroes and extensive play of the C&C games. I still love COH but I'm longing for something more modern. I don't like the run and gun gameplay we're getting now and days which is why I'm popping in on Arma 2 every now and then. I like the challenge and visceral feeling of being or having units pinned by heavy fire and realistic health. where units aren't standing off wailing on each other for an half and hour

World in conflict would seem like a good pick, but i dislike it's dependence on vehicular battles and i've played it enough already as well.
#2 - JJ72
men of war.
I still like Age of Empires, I see there is an online version now, I wonder how that is. Conquerors expansion kept me occupied for many an hour, day, week. Not the era your after I know, sorry. I find the newer RTS over done and frankly dull.

Cannon Fodder sprung to mind there for some strange reasonhehe. War has literally never been so much fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiYuq6Ac3a0
Have you tried the Contra mod for Generals: Zero Hour?

It's more based on tactics, rather than rushing.
Quote from JJ72 :men of war.

+1000

Men Of War : Assault Squad. Get on it.
I'm going to give Men of War a shot as well as Generals as i haven't played the entire game itself either yet. I just bought Tales of Valor and Opposing fronts on steam as well so now i can go explore tons more maps and mods

Also i saw somewhere a Civil war mod for total war or empire earth, can't really remember the game but it looks super sweet!
After playing Men Of War, COH is complete crap.
Here is a nice RTS :

#9 - Sobis
Has anyone played R.U.S.E? If you played it on 360, that's even better. I remember seeing it as a WW2 meets futuristic weapons twist, but then again at the time CoH was still at nearly full steam over the mainstream RTS competition.

So i read that it was on 360 and looked more into it only to find out that its a genuine era game that specializes in ambushes. Almost like the AT strategy from CoH where you would hide AT guns in bushes.

RTS's like this i cant gather from a video nor a bunch of console amazon reviews, so im asking for a expert opinion from you guys. Especially after you showed me the light of Men At War.
you can play brood war for free these days
only rts anyone will ever need
I guess,I'm too slow for RTS,as my favourite strategy is Civ4 for years now. Even Civ5 couldn't beat it for me.
0AD is a really good RTS, and now in recent breaking news their going in a new direction.
http://play0ad.com/
"We have many gameplay changes planned, such as removing the Roman faction and replacing it with
an AI controlled horde of zombies. This transformation will probably take a few weeks to complete."
Never knew about that project and most likely wouldnt have found out either. Thanks once again, although i need to get used to the playing a rts with zombies involved.
Not sure if it's the kind of RTS for you, there's also Banished. Could give your brain quite a workout.
That one is beautiful, but seems like a extremely harsh version of Tropico (which i haven't even though of trying because of the lack of action), but i won't knock it at all. I'll give it go later once i'm done with 0AD
Check the date of the zombie announcement for 0AD.............

It's not all there yet as it's still alpha but it's a pretty good game, a lot like AOE in many ways without the corny storyline. And it's free.

Medieval 2 with the Last Kingdom mod is also good if you want more detailed fights and less resource gathering.
I like mega glest. It's kind of cheesy, but it's still a lot of fun. Especially some of the mods. And for a free RTS, it plays on a level as good or better than a lot of the retail titles.
0AD? I d/loaded it several years ago. It was really buggy. Locked up a lot. Have they fixed that? Cause it looks like a pretty good game.
RTS games in general seem to be on the decline these days. LOL I guess the millenials just ain't all that cerebral.
Personally, I liked AoK with the Conquerors expansion the best out of all of them
There's a space RTS I've played since 10 years ago, Homeworld 2, and I still play it today. If you intend to try it, the experience is greatly boosted by installing your choice mods or gametypes.
Supreme Commander / Forged Alliance

Wargame EE / Land Air
I miss COH, is there anyway to play this multiplayer these days?. Devs basically killed it just as coh2 came out , barsterds.
They had a standalone primarily for MP and i think it was even free. I had already owned it by then so i saw no point to download it. COH had one of the most fun and entertaining storylines at it's time too imo.
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I find it quite fun: Factorio

Looking for a RTS
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG