The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen : It's not a really big deal, should be easy enough to code and will just be a very slight bandwidth increase to send the info to the guests. Do tell me though if it doesn't really seem needed. I know chucknorris feels it is important, though I'm still convinced it is less important now than it was before this multiplayer update.

Can make a long story but it's needed. A driver should be able to see themselves what his/her link quality is. Too many discussions "I don't know it", "no my internet is x Mbit", "I'm not torrenting or downloading. Oh... Wait.. Yes, I am". The problem with this simulator is, is that others suffer from it while in for example shooter games it's the other way around. If an admin or fellow driver makes a remark of the situation someone should at least be able to verify it themselves in an easy way.

Quote from Scawen :I hope you will not revert to B4 because that would reduce the testing.

I will leave the current situation as-is then.

Quote from Scawen :
Which operating system is that? I think you should take a look at the cause of that timer bounding...

I had one driver (team member actually) yesterday who reported a timer bounded too.

Quote :
Sep 23 16:21:10 Guest wants to join
Sep 23 16:21:10 Send Track : 92.82.x
Sep 23 16:21:10 Authorised : 92.82.x (Extremus)
Sep 23 16:21:11 Send Track : 92.82.x
Sep 23 16:21:14 [DLC] Tonypiu^L left the pits (FBM)
Sep 23 16:21:20 Alive : 92.82.x
Sep 23 16:21:20 Connecting guest still alive
Sep 23 16:21:24 Send Track : 92.82.x
Sep 23 16:21:28 Alive : 92.82.x
Sep 23 16:21:28 Connecting guest still alive
Sep 23 16:21:28 Connect : 92.82.x
Sep 23 16:21:28 Sent OK to new guest
Sep 23 16:21:28 Sent scrutineering packet
Sep 23 16:21:29 Told guests about new guest
Sep 23 16:21:29 A new guest is connecting
Sep 23 16:21:29 Sent guest list to new guest
Sep 23 16:21:31 Sent new user packet
Sep 23 16:21:31 CG~Y»R.Grosjean^L connected (Extremus)
Sep 23 16:21:31 CG~Y»R.Grosjean last raced on 22-09-2012 (1.1)
Sep 23 16:21:31 Rank @ cargame-s2 - CG~Y»R.Grosjean : Class 6
Sep 23 16:21:38 Experience - CG~Y»R.Grosjean : LFS Professional Class D (501.4)
Sep 23 16:21:41 Safety @ cargame-s2 - K. Harvey : 6
Sep 23 16:21:42 Safety @ cargame-s2 - =bad trip= : 6
Sep 23 16:21:43 Safety @ cargame-s2 - Ulmo[Fra]-G27 : 6
Sep 23 16:21:44 CG~Y»R.Grosjean : ^LTIMER BOUNDED WTF??
Sep 23 16:21:52 CG~Y»R.Grosjean : ^LCG~Y»Speedy J - there?
Sep 23 16:22:19 CG~Y»Sorin^L took over from CG~Y»R.Grosjean
Sep 23 16:22:30 CARROSSA : ^L:\ Sorry!!!.....god dammit...
Sep 23 16:22:34 042 P. Vinicius : ^Lsorry
Sep 23 16:22:49 Safety @ cargame-s2 - [DLC] Tonypiu : 6
Sep 23 16:23:01 Need an admin? Teamspeak3 server: cargame.nl:9987
Sep 23 16:23:01 Fastest lap : 1:16.81 by [F&F]Marty^L (FBM)
Sep 23 16:23:02 LFSW - new FBM PB by Ulm0: 1:18.46 (-0:06.12)
Sep 23 16:23:02 Improvement points - Ulmo[Fra]-G27 : 1
Sep 23 16:23:03 CG~Y»Sorin : ^LTIMER BOUNDED WTF??

W7 32-bit. Instable connection in general. Don't know about the importance of all this.
Quote from Scawen :Which operating system is that? I think you should take a look at the cause of that timer bounding...

Windows 7. I'll do some research, but how do I pinpoint a timer bounding?

Edit: connected to my B8 server fine, but it's saying that I lost connection, when I really just Esc > Leave.
Attached images
lost connection.png
Quote from Scawen :SHIFT + N : sound on / off now works in multiplayer screens

Thank you.

btw, in these menus is still not working: Replays, Single player, Hot lapping, Garage, Track, Training and Licence menu.

So if it's not a big job to do...
Quote from [Audi TT] :I am think whot will need add arrow for so2, so3, fe6 and reverse.
Scawen, for will be testing load it track so2, so2r and so2x or so2y. And will see for the locations of the cars.

I guess arrow isn't needed for so2/3 and fe6 because cars is already pointed to direction it supposed to go.
Just loaded SO2X track and car wasn't pointed to right direction (like on normal config) probably some bug which Scawen will fix in next patch
Eeehhh but those trackcombos don't have a pitlane at all do they?

It's just a small parking space / side lane. No [ ] markings, no pit crew, no speed restriction.

I think it's not a bug, it's by design. .. And if I remember correctly the cars are positioned in the right direction, aren't they? There is no garage to drive out of.
Quote from cargame.nl :Eeehhh but those trackcombos don't have a pitlane at all do they?

It's just a small parking space / side lane. No [ ] markings, no pit crew, no speed restriction.

I think it's not a bug, it's by design. .. And if I remember correctly the cars are positioned in the right direction, aren't they? There is no garage to drive out of.

In answer to your second question, that is correct.

Thumbs up to 0.6B8. (Regarding my previous post about the lag-bars, I was referring to the wrong version so my apologies for any confusion.)
Quote from cargame.nl :

on normal configs cars are positioned in right direction, but on open configs they won't be.
Quote :Connection now closes if no packets are received for 40 seconds

It was time for the IP change again. Lost connection... But had the feeling it wasnt 40 seconds before "Lost connection to host".

Timed it three times by disconnecting from my WiFi router. It's 25 seconds (W7-64bit)
Quote from cargame.nl :It was time for the IP change again. Lost connection... But had the feeling it wasnt 40 seconds before "Lost connection to host".

Timed it three times by disconnecting from my WiFi router. It's 25 seconds (W7-64bit)

Maybe that caused a different kind of closing connection? As in, Windows realised there was a problem with the socket?

If I hold the title bar of a host so it doesn't send any messages, the guest disconnects after 40 seconds.
I just tested by adding my own IP address to the server firewall blocking tcp traffic on the S2 server port. If I do that it is even shorter before I get the lost connection message; 20 seconds ...

My username stays online however for about 40 seconds since the IP block (when I remove the block and try to reconnect it keeps saying; username already online). If I close down LFS completely and restart it I get the same message in that time frame.

Also the host is a little bit quicker in deciding someone timed out;

Quote :Sep 26 10:53:42 CG~Y»nl2dav : ^Ltest
Sep 26 10:54:15 Leave @ 2990115 : CG~Y»nl2dav
Sep 26 10:54:15 CG~Y»nl2dav^L timed out (cargame.nl)

Around 30 seconds. (costed a sec or 2 to send test, switch to remote SSH screen, alter firewall settings)

---
And because I am now busy anyway, I did the same test with 0.6B4

Its around 15 seconds on my client side and

Quote :Sep 26 11:08:42 CG~Y»nl2dav S1 : ^LtEst
Sep 26 11:08:53 CG~Y»nl2dav S1^L timed out
Sep 26 11:08:53 Leave @ 3118737 : CG~Y»nl2dav S1

10 seconds on the server side. So, it's a 100% change anyhow already. But not 40 secs as far as I can see.
Scawen, as you fixed the issue I had with the scripts I have another report to do (just in case you find it eas and interesting to fix).

In 0.6B version (not tested yet on test patch), if in a car script (XRR.lfs for example) you write
Quote :/press 3

that command will be send before the car is ready, so its lights are not switched on. Maybe you could add a delay to the execution of these scripts to allow the car to be ready to receive inputs

Another one is if you write
Quote :/press esc

you can make LFS don't show you the track after leaving pits/spectating, I guess this would also get fixed with that delay, else, it's quite useless as it only makes the game a mess.

I attach an screenshot showing the actual state of my game. Other players can still see me on track, but I can't see the track even if a disconnect and enter the server again. Once you get into this state you can delete the command from the script, because it makes no difference at all
Attached images
bug.jpg
Quote from Scawen :
Custom view was not set to new car type on replay restart

Misinterpreted this... But I'm going to say it anyway..

Why do I need to set my custom view again after every race restart? (not replay restart but just with racing). It somehow goes always to the view with wheels, need to tap V to get custom follow view.
I'd like to mention one more thing.
Like Scawen introduced VOB mods protection in 0.6B (even if it not working well), is there any hope we get some some kind of track mods protection because there are people using tarmac instead of gravel on rally, also other kind of track mods. like this one, there was also some youtube video with download link, cant find it right now
Its a (speed)hack, nothing to do with tarmac/gravel. Read the comments please. Basically the same what this Rahlma Indian boy (although I doubt he is from India but anyway) is promoting.
Quote from cargame.nl :Its a (speed)hack, nothing to do with tarmac/gravel. Read the comments please. Basically the same what this Rahlma Indian boy (although I doubt he is from India but anyway) is promoting.

I think bugattiforever posted to thread video of him doing this, but its moved. I tried this in singleplayer and it worked, there is tarmac insted of dirt. And this even isn't affected by new patch.
Daniel-CRO provided me a custom Blackwood.wld where it indeed is possible to drive through tire stacks like they don't exist, just tried that online.

If somebody uses this, it's quite obvious he/she is cheating. But... In demo environments where it already is quite messy from time to time and where its very easy to make a new account... It's clearly not really wanted that this is possible yes.
Scawen
I was testing one moment. I am speaking about gamepass. The with my account I am can let's go in online on is server and upload hotlaps, but with not one computer. I am testing with is freind. He was online on is server (cargame.nl S2) and I am upload hotlaps. This was with 14:47 UTC.
Scawen is fix this, please.
Quote from [Audi TT] :Scawen
I was testing one moment. I am speaking about gamepass. The with my account I am can let's go in online on is server and upload hotlaps, but with not one computer. I am testing with is freind. He was online on is server (cargame.nl S2) and I am upload hotlaps. This was with 14:47 UTC.
Scawen is fix this, please.

what?
why wouldnt you be able to be online and upload hotlaps at the same time?
sometimes I open another instance of LFS and then make hotlap, why should I disconnect from server?
Plus you can't upload hotlaps made on a test patch
Whiskey, I am testing on 0.6b version.
DANIEL-CRO, it was my friend, and if it will be a hacker? I think this is not correct. But I have not tried the upload hotlap at the same time with one account. We was used different a gamepass.
hi this is just to let you know i think this patch is an improvement in the old 0.6b if my ati video card suffered a VPU recovery it was an instant timeout ive had my 2nd computer suffer with this since 0.6b8 and it didnt timeout as i play on cruise servers quite alot and distance bonuses restart after disconnection this is an advantage excellent work
Quote from [Audi TT] :Whiskey, I am testing on 0.6b version.
DANIEL-CRO, it was my friend, and if it will be a hacker? I think this is not correct. But I have not tried the upload hotlap at the same time with one account. We was used different a gamepass.

Quote from Scawen :WARNING : THIS IS A TEST
You cannot upload hotlaps made with 0.6B8 because it is a test patch.

learn to readz moar!!
Quote from Beaver08 :learn to readz moar!!

Quote from [Audi TT] :Whiskey, I am testing on 0.6b version.

Quote from [Audi TT] :We was used different a gamepass.

You used different GAME PASSWORD than configured at lfs.net?
I think GAME PASSWORD is only necesary to go online, for hotlaps it isn't necesary, the only thing it matters is username. Imagine you done incredible hotlap, than you change your GAME PASSWORD, few days after you accidently delete hotlap from LFSWorld, and you can't upload it anymore because of GAME PASSWORD change.
Quote from Beaver08 :learn to readz moar!!

You read carefully? Can be with one account and with different gamepass do two things. Not matter what version of the LFS you are using, 0.5x with 0.6b.
-
([Audi TT]) DELETED by [Audi TT] : oops
I recorded a quick MPR on my drift server (which was 46 seconds long) and when I went back to the replays window it shows the replay as 10:55:36, which is me lagging for the rest of the replay. Apparently LFS doesn't like it when you close it with the red X button.
Attached images
lfs_00000029.jpg
Attached files
catch angle.mpr - 19.3 KB - 535 views
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6B5 (now B8 - multiplayer improvements - no change to physics)
(152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG