The online racing simulator
GT2 World Series 2012: Round 6 Protests and Penalties
Please file any protests you wish to file here.

Qualifying Protests Deadline: 23:05 UTC Friday, 28 September 2012
Race Protests Deadline: 09:15 UTC Monday, 1 October 2012

Please Provide ALL of the following:

Session of Incident
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident
Lap and Location of Incident
Your Car Number
Other Car(s) Involved
Brief Description of Incident

Penalty Log:
Qualifying
None Yet.

Race
None Yet.
Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: about 7:20 race time
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 3 turn 1
Your Car Number: 13
Other Car(s) Involved: 93
Brief Description of Incident: #93 turns around #13 in turn 1
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 4:45
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 2 turn 1
Your Car Number:04
Other Car(s) Involved:06 01 71
Brief Description of Incident: #04 is on the inside of 01 for t1, however 01 bumpdrafts 71 in order to hold ahead of 04. 06 then also bumpdrafts 01 to get alongside and subsequently pass 04
#4 - CSF
Quote from Mazdaratie :Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: about 7:20 race time
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 3 turn 1
Other Car(s) Involved: 93
Brief Description of Incident: #93 turns around #13 in turn 1

13 is a bit slow into t1 and the 93 rides over the kerb onto the sleeping bollards and drives straight into the side of them. Not too sure what 93 is doing here....

Drive Thru for car 93.
Session of Incident:R
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 37 mins
Lap and Location of Incident: 14 last couple corners
Your Car Number:25
Other Car(s) Involved:36
Brief Description of Incident: 36 doesnt give 25 any room causes 25 to spin.
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 16:47 UTC
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 18, hairpin after oval
Your Car Number:18
Other Car(s) Involved:16
Brief Description of Incident: #16 spins us
#7 - CSF
Quote from IsaacPrice :Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 4:45
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 2 turn 1
Your Car Number:04
Other Car(s) Involved:06 01 71
Brief Description of Incident: #04 is on the inside of 01 for t1, however 01 bumpdrafts 71 in order to hold ahead of 04. 06 then also bumpdrafts 01 to get alongside and subsequently pass 04

While we can see your frustration, we do not feel we can award anything other than an official warning to Cars 01 and 06. We appreciate it's tight at the start, but contact is not appreciated in any form. Team Vires car 16 has also been issued with a final warning for bump drafting car 06 on lap 2.
#8 - CSF
Quote from Bmxtwins :Session of Incident:R
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 37 mins
Lap and Location of Incident: 14 last couple corners
Your Car Number:25
Other Car(s) Involved:36
Brief Description of Incident: 36 doesnt give 25 any room causes 25 to spin.

25's fault. No idea why you protested this.
#9 - CSF
Quote from reigga :Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 16:47 UTC
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 18, hairpin after oval
Other Car(s) Involved:16
Brief Description of Incident: #16 spins us

Car 16 drives into the back of 18, then hits the throttle when in the middle of spinning 18. Drive Thru Car 16 for causing an avoidable incident.
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: about 1h:14m race time
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 29 turn 4
Other Car(s) Involved: 11 or 28
Brief Description of Incident: #28 or #11 bumps #13 in turn 4 causing us to spin and lose time and positions
#11 - CSF
Quote from youliftyoulose :Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: about 1h:14m race time
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 29 turn 4
Other Car(s) Involved: 11 or 28
Brief Description of Incident: #28 or #11 bumps #13 in turn 4 causing us to spin and lose time and positions

Bit of an odd one, mainly because car 11 is lagging so horribly. This seems to distract 13 who get sideways, and 28 run into the back of them in t1. We're going to call this a racing incident, as we think 11's lag is causing a few... issues shall we say.
#12 - CSF
Car 39 will be issued with a Drive Thru penalty for dangerous driving while being lapped by the 18.
[QUOTE=reigga;1745116]Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 2:39:23
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 62, S/F straight
Other Car(s) Involved:37
Brief Description of Incident: #37 keeps swerving on the S/F straight and when I'm already almost aside of him he starts turning into my driving line which leads into a massive crash and our car being completely broken.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode 2:39:45
Lap and Location of Incident Lap 62, S/F straight
Your Car Number 37
Other Car(s) Involved 18
I take one defense move and one back resuming with racing line and no 18 comes from a long way back to tap me.
I think he did some sort of divebomb into the little kink with very early pull out.
He had about 2-3 sec to back out of it, still he kept the foot down.
I just held my line.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode 4:37 ish
Lap and Location of Incident Lap 107, around sc1
Your Car Number 16
Other Car(s) Involved 67
#67 defending position while being blueflagged and being warned in irc. It eventually finished both car to had contact and #16 to lose time, lead in AM class and had to pit to change tyres few laps before.
#16 - CSF
Quote from MoMo92i :Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode 4:37 ish
Lap and Location of Incident Lap 107, around sc1
Your Car Number 16
Other Car(s) Involved 67
#67 defending position while being blueflagged and being warned in irc. It eventually finished both car to had contact and #16 to lose time, lead in AM class and had to pit to change tyres few laps before.

Racing incident. Seems like a simple mis-understanding with 67 trying to let 16 through and 16 not quite being able to react. An unlucky spin really.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode 4:52.53
Lap and Location of Incident Lap 113, around turn 2 or 3 ?
Your Car Number 10
Other Car(s) Involved 37
#37 swings out to the left (outside) before it suddenly swings right again to hit 10's rear and send it to the gravel.
Watch cockpit view of #37. There was enough room left. Especially because he was on the outside, not inside and still behind #10
#18 - CSF
Quote from reigga :Session of Incident: Race
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident: 2:39:23
Lap and Location of Incident: Lap 62, S/F straight
Other Car(s) Involved:37
Brief Description of Incident: #37 keeps swerving on the S/F straight and when I'm already almost aside of him he starts turning into my driving line which leads into a massive crash and our car being completely broken.

Quote from N I K I :Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode 2:39:45
Lap and Location of Incident Lap 62, S/F straight
Your Car Number 37
Other Car(s) Involved 18
I take one defense move and one back resuming with racing line and no 18 comes from a long way back to tap me.
I think he did some sort of divebomb into the little kink with very early pull out.
He had about 2-3 sec to back out of it, still he kept the foot down.
I just held my line.

Righto, this has been a hard one to call. We have come to the conclusion that there will be no further action for this incident. It's a strange one, its as though 18 gets a sudden turbo boost and is magically warped into the back of 37. 37 could also leave a bit more room, as the driver knows that 18 is closing quickly. All in all we feel 18 mis timed the speed advantage, and 37 possibly moved back to the left a bit quick and could have left more room for the 18 given the time the 37 moved. In the end it's unfortunate 18 lost a lot of time hitting the Eric Bailey wall.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode ~5:48:20
Lap and Location of Incident Lap restart lap (133) , oval section
Your Car Number 06
Other Car(s) Involved 40
Does not cost us much time but we think it was pretty dangerous driving from #40. Our driver caught his draft in the hairpin and was going to change his line to go through when Lobato changed suddenly his line to block us by being in the lane Miro was going to overtake him, causing #06 car to clip his back. Later into a turn in the oval, Miro manage another side by side and Lobato move again to close the door in a quite hard racing move.

Btw we don't really aim this protest for a penalty for #40 but only as a warning for mister Lobato. That kind of racing after a safety car is really dangerous and in real life it would have some dramatic consequences.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode ~5:47:20
Lap and Location of Incident Lap restart lap (133) , T1
Your Car Number 04
Other Car(s) Involved 71

71 gets the draft of 04, then with partial overlap outbrakes himself and slides into the side of 04 forcing 04 to lose a lot of speed(and nearly crash into the wall) which subsequently gave 71 the run which allowed him to take the position.
Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode ~5:49:29
Lap and Location of Incident Lap (134) , T1
Your Car Number 71
Other Car(s) Involved 04

04 Gets desperate after overtake from 71, and he starts cutting the first corner, you can see from his driving he is not even trying to drive on the track.

Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode ~5:52:01
Lap and Location of Incident Lap restart lap (135) , T1
Your Car Number 71
Other Car(s) Involved 04

04 Gets desperate after overtake from 71, and he starts cutting the first corner, you can see from his driving he is not even trying to drive on the track.

Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode ~5:54:33
Lap and Location of Incident Lap (136) , T1
Your Car Number 71
Other Car(s) Involved 04

Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode ~5:57:06
Lap and Location of Incident Lap (137) , T1
Your Car Number 71
Other Car(s) Involved 04

Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode ~5:59:38
Lap and Location of Incident Lap (138) , T1
Your Car Number 71
Other Car(s) Involved 04

He gained alot of time from this, and would've catched me without his mistakes on lap 136
MPR Timecode -OR- UTC Time of Incident:
Lap and Location of Incident: lap 108; T1
Your Car Number: 69
Other Car(s) Involved: 18
Brief Description of Incident: #18 gained higher top speed by cutting T1 exit and by this advantage #18 got into #69 draft and passed. I think this pass was unfair.

Lap and Location of Incident: lap 131; the corner off the oval
Other Car(s) Involved: 71, 66 and 08
Brief Description of Incident: #71 halfspun on the SC period, which made me loss 2 places on the SC period...
#23 - CSF
Quote from IsaacPrice :Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode ~5:47:20
Lap and Location of Incident Lap restart lap (133) , T1
Your Car Number 04
Other Car(s) Involved 71

71 gets the draft of 04, then with partial overlap outbrakes himself and slides into the side of 04 forcing 04 to lose a lot of speed(and nearly crash into the wall) which subsequently gave 71 the run which allowed him to take the position.

We find this to mostly be a racing incident. Both could give more room.

Quote : Joonas stuff

While we don't condone this kind of driving, no real advantage is gained. So again, no penalty.

Quote from TypeRacing :Session of Incident: Race
Lap and Location of Incident: lap 108; T1
Other Car(s) Involved: 18
Brief Description of Incident: #18 gained higher top speed by cutting T1 exit and by this advantage #18 got into #69 draft and passed. I think this pass was unfair.

Lap and Location of Incident: lap 131; the corner off the oval
Other Car(s) Involved: 71, 66 and 08
Brief Description of Incident: #71 halfspun on the SC period, which made me loss 2 places on the SC period...

18 gains an advantage by doing this, but is also helped by 69 making an error that leads 69 to be considerably slower on apex and exit of Turn one. Really this on it's own would probably have been a warning rather than a penalty, the fact that car 18 was ordered to give the position back to car 08 after passing in a similar style the lap before the incident that put them back, leads us to conclude this worthy of a DT time conversion penalty of 15s for car 18. A warning is also given to car 69 for his defensive driving that led to contact on the approach to t4... there is no need OK?

Second one leads to a penalty for dangerous driving under SC to car 71. Although I'm sure we will get the argument about "ooh I was just tyre warming" what 71 did was indefensibly stupid and left a chain reaction where 69 and 08 lost positions, although neither blameless in their actions. DT time conversion of 15s for 71.
#24 - CSF
Quote from N!ghtm@re :Session of Incident Race
MPR Timecode 4:52.53
Lap and Location of Incident Lap 113, around turn 2 or 3 ?
Your Car Number 10
Other Car(s) Involved 37
#37 swings out to the left (outside) before it suddenly swings right again to hit 10's rear and send it to the gravel.
Watch cockpit view of #37. There was enough room left. Especially because he was on the outside, not inside and still behind #10

With 37 retired there will be no penalty. While I think its more a simple mis-judgement than anything else, it did cost 10 a lot of time stuck in the gravel. If the 37 had finished it would have been penalized.
Car 28 - 3-point penalty, incorrect numberplate in qualifying

Car 28 - 5-point penalty, unauthorized spectating from on course.
This thread is closed

GT2 World Series 2012: Round 6 Protests and Penalties
(25 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG