The online racing simulator
Racing Chat!!!!!
(17 posts, started )
Racing Chat!!!!!
How the heck does everyone communicate while they are driving. I have tried steering with my knees/mouth and typing at the same time, It just doesn't work!!!!!!

How do you do it???

Your help is much appreciated as I will have bitten through my wheel before long...............

H
Type on the straights?

I dont think, anybody types in a corner.
#3 - joen
And you can bind predefined text to the F1-8 buttons on your keyboard. Look in your options in the "game" section.
And some people are just able to type well with one hand. I'm not one of them
Then again I don't like chatting while racing. I mostly just use the predefined messages for the necessary things like "thanks" and "sorry"
Teamspeak

When typing just take your time - I quite often spend 3 or 4 laps typing a sentence, grabbing one or two keys per straight.

I just wish the text box was a couple of inches higher on the screen, not where you want to look. In fact this might be a good thing to suggest for Scawen to tweak in U16
I'm a naturally talented typist and can output a rate of around 200 words per minute when I want too, and I still can't type whilst I drive. Well I can and do, but I always crash
i never seem to have a problem typing with one hand, the thing is, like tristancliffe said, just try not to type the whole message in one go. also, i use msn quite alot, and i tend to type with one hand on that quitr alot. practice makes perfect afer all. plus i also play piano n guitar so that might make my fingers more co ordinated perhaps. i dunno?
Quote from Captain Slow :i never seem to have a problem typing with one hand, the thing is, like tristancliffe said, just try not to type the whole message in one go. also, i use msn quite alot, and i tend to type with one hand on that quitr alot. practice makes perfect afer all. plus i also play piano n guitar so that might make my fingers more co ordinated perhaps. i dunno?

I'd ask why you type one-handed on MSN a lot...but i'm not sure I need to know the answer to that!

I can't type while im driving at all, even on straights...reason? I use a gamepad so need both thumbs on the analog sticks 99% of the time...
Quote :I'd ask why you type one-handed on MSN a lot...but i'm not sure I need to know the answer to that!

lol very funny. and no, not because of what your thinking. im usually drinking or doing something else
#9 - Fetzo
Quote from tristancliffe :Teamspeak

When typing just take your time - I quite often spend 3 or 4 laps typing a sentence, grabbing one or two keys per straight.

I just wish the text box was a couple of inches higher on the screen, not where you want to look. In fact this might be a good thing to suggest for Scawen to tweak in U16

but arent you losing ffb for that time? is there a way to have ffb during the chat?
Quote from DethMag :I'd ask why you type one-handed on MSN a lot...but i'm not sure I need to know the answer to that!

I can't type while im driving at all, even on straights...reason? I use a gamepad so need both thumbs on the analog sticks 99% of the time...

I still wouldn't have a spare hand - no what I mean.
Thanks for the help.

Note: Must practice more with one hand!!!

H
Quote :Note: Must practice more with one hand!!!

ppl who think like dethmag will take that the wrong way :P rofl

oooh iv past the 100th post milestone without realising. whoo hoo im gettin there
Quote from Gentlefoot :I still wouldn't have a spare hand - no what I mean.

Show off!

Quote from Captain Slow : ppl who think like dethmag will take that the wrong way :P rofl

I wouldn't know what you mean.....
Quote :I wouldn't know what you mean.....

lmao, hmm sure lol
Quote from Fetzo :but arent you losing ffb for that time? is there a way to have ffb during the chat?

No, although I used to (which made it hard). But Scawen fixed that not so long ago I think, so I can type whilst the wheel wriggles happily to itself.

Unless he didn't and I'm just so good at it now that I've convinced myself it still has FFB
Quote from zeugnimod :Type on the straights?

I dont think, anybody types in a corner.

i do if i have to, its not hard, steer with one hand, type with the other

or... type really fast like .. well.. me, and get it all done before you enter the corner
type hat you want to type round a corner and crash give the slower people a chance

Racing Chat!!!!!
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG