The online racing simulator
Attached images
7259.jpg
cargame.nl, I saw this speed-hackers on server 0.6B4 (not demo server)
Test Patch 0.6B7
Tnx
Quote from ldriver :Oh my god, a patch

Yes, that patch will drastically change the game, totally worth the (almost) 4 years waiting from the patch Z (July 2nd 2008).
hey, it's better than nothing
I didn't have any timeout yet on the new version. :huepfenic

Hope stable version is out soon, so i can enjoy LFS the way i should.
Quote from wolfshark :Yes, that patch will drastically change the game, totally worth the (almost) 4 years waiting from the patch Z (July 2nd 2008).

You Wait for 1 Track and 1 Car since 4 years to buy Lfs? Really ?

Dont wait, buy S2 and you get 95% of the game you dont know as Demo Player

something here smells like :bananadea
I haven't said that i am waiting 4 years to buy it. Played the demo a bit, and waited for the promised new physics. For a long time LFS is not an interesting project for me. For the last few years i play rFactor and won't switch to anything else, i am just curious about the new physics and that's why i check the forum from time to time. But if the new physics actually some day arrive - i will try them for a couple of day's but that's it. I will not buy the game, i will not play the demo, certainly will not crack it (as you meant it in your post). I had a great time with lfs - i was playing the demo since S1 - LFS is the sim that taught me how a car handles. Today, sadly LFS doesn't have any value for me and it will never have, because it lacks the vast content that rRactor has, most importantly - the tracks. I don't care if it's the best sim on the planet, i want to race on the world's best tracks and roads. Driving a Porsche 935 on Nordschlife, R8 GT3 on Monza, or SL300 on Monaco. There are many examples - the only thing that comes close to what i want to drive in LFS is the Porsche on Rockingham, but i've allready done that on rFactor with even better car - PCC 997. (all the humongous content for 35eur - and if i want to buy the S3 with barely any content (that concerns me) it will cost me 45eur)

So, to sum it up - i want to try the new physics and delete the game.
(but if some day LFS will be opened for community tracks and cars i will be glad to play it again and finally buy it)

@Nadeo4441 it's the same as nothing, don't fool yourself.
Quote from wolfshark : i will try them for a couple of day's but that's it. I will not buy the game, i will not play the demo

You try out new physics single player for a few days and thats it.

Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing!

if your talking about the first rfactor then lmao,it may have tracks and cars but thats it,theres not even the slightest bit of realism in the physics so basically is just the same as playing any rubbish driving game. id rather have less cars and less tracks than have no good physics
Quote from wolfshark :I haven't said that i am waiting 4 years to buy it. Played the demo a bit, and waited for the promised new physics.

it's the same as nothing, don't fool yourself.

Actually, for the people who actually play it, it actually is something.

But you shouldn't fool yourself. It's to be expected that the new physic basically just fix a few 'errors' and improve the overall performance and realism, but since you only care about the imerssion of driving historic, iconic and well known tracks and cars, there is nothing you have to expect.
It's amusing to see how people misunderstand half of what they read.

@cargame.nl - both singleplayer and multiplayer but as i said only for a few days
@spotty1 - you obviously don't really know what rfactor is about. The stock cars are s#it basically, and there are only a few tracks. he community content is what is really great about it, although more than 50% of it is crap also, but the other 50% is really great.
@JazzOn - i don't "only care about the imerssion" - i've never said that - if i only cared about that i would be playing foza/gt/nfs shift. rFactor has a very good base for the physics and the good mods are able to utilize them.

I can't expect different comments since i highly doubt that many people here have bought rFactor/iRacing/or simbin's games that i lost count of. I was at first disappointed with rFactor too, but once i found the right mods it all came together.

Don't get me wrong - i was actively racing in LFS and i love the physics of the street tires. To that day i do believe that there is no other sim that simulates street tires better, and it will be even better with the tire update (if it comes out some day).

I do not want to argue anymore about my personal opinion.
All people are different, everybody should understand that.
Quote from wolfshark :

I do not want to argue anymore about my personal opinion.
All people are different, everybody should understand that.

It's totally fine that you have this opinion, although, personally, I don't understand why you havn't bought a license yet, when you've learned driving in LFS and enjoyed it very much, but when you say that it doesn't have any value for you and you will delete the game anyway, why bother wit it. You can set (on the main website or here in the forum) a notification per e-mail to recieve whe the update comes out.

With all these negative remark, and I'm not only talking about you now, it's just upsetting for the community and demotivating for the developers. If it wouldn't be for LFS and their approach to simulate driving physics, I think it's fair to say that the genre wouldn't be where it is and Scavier simply doesn't deserve that.
Now, don't get me wrong, I, as much as simply everyone else, would like more content, but it's just not as possible as it is for others.
Quote from wolfshark :So, to sum it up - i want to try the new physics and delete the game.

We love you, you should post more often
Uffff I wish I had not asked him, a war comes up. Come down Guys . Its a Test Patch thread.

I love Rfactor too, we all do it for was is it and Richard Burns Rally and maybee Project Cars in future or other coming Sims.

Sorry for offtopics Scawen, back to topics guys plz . :drink:
Quote from wolfshark :...

why even trying new tyre physics when you know you will delete LFS 10 minutes after?
Quote from wolfshark :So, to sum it up - i want to try the new physics and delete the game.

You do that. Does seam like a waste of time for both you and us at LFS reading your pointless words, doesn't it?
@DANIEL-CRO - i like the current physics and the update will make them even more enjoyable. And i said a few days not 10min.
Quote from Ingolf :You do that. Does seam like a waste of time for both you and us at LFS reading your pointless words, doesn't it?

You don't have to be rude. If you don't want to read my pointless words, stop reading now.
I just don't understand why is everybody expecting that everyone on this forum should say how awesome lfs is, and how it's the best sim ever.
I don't understand either what is all that fuss about. A security patch...
It's obvious that people are waiting for something other than that and that patch is giving them the feeling that a bigger update is coming.

If the game was open for modding i would have bought it long, long, long time ago. It's clear that 1 man only (Scawen) can't satisfy the community, but it's his decision not to hire people to help him. The reasonable answer is to open the game for modding. That way the LFS "purists" will be able to play the game as it is now, the rest will enjoy tons of community content (with the same great physics) that will not take Scawen's time and effort to create and maintain. I mean a free track building and maybe limited vehicle building( for example not be able to alter the physics and the tyre model, but free on the suspension layout and geometry, weight, and 3d model, engine torque curves, etc)

I will stop wasting my time writing that stuff now. (and apparently everybody else's for reading it)
This thread is closed

Test Patch (with same old physics) Coming Soon [Now]
(145 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG