The online racing simulator
2 users per account?
(14 posts, started )
2 users per account?
This post is mainly to the devs, I wanted to ask if it would be possible to have 2 users to each account, meaning that PBs and WRs are split into 2 user stats. Now, I know that an idea like this could potentially lead to a group of friends buying one copy but I thought that if a secure email was written to the devs requesting 2 users per account and if the devs could issue you some sort of special identification that its you such as requesting your credit card number, because I doubt friends would give out credit card numbers to each other , it could work out really sweet . The reason why I'm requesting this to be added to the LFS system is because my brother and I share the same account and even though we don't really mind sharing PBs, we would still prefer to have our own little set of stats. I hope you (devs) can really consider it. Thanks!
+1, id like to see this, as i think pretty soon my dad will want to race online as hes starting to get bored with single player, and hes unusually keen on lfs, everything else on the computer is just a load of f**king b*****ks according to him but he likes lfs.
Buy a second account. You can have multiple user accounts on a single install but each needs their own licience. The more you support the devs the longer they can continue to develop LFS further.
I couldn't have put it better myself... well I could.

I'd spell licence correctly for a start.
£24 + £24 = £48, not a great deal of money, and you wont get a nooby borther/sister to ruin your skills/get u banned, and you then build your own profile.

and when speelin is menchunned I allways forget what im talkking abut
#6 - dadge
Quote from Chris_Kerry :
I'd spell licence correctly for a start.

lol, i didn't even notice that bit......damn the irish education board!!!!

one of my team mates has bought a total of 3 accounts (i think it's or maybe 4)
I personally own 2 S2 accounts, 1 I use for myself, then the other is for my friend, works well becuase we always play online just messing about.
Well, fellas, if I had the money, I'd do it but I'm 16!!! so you can know that I'm not employed.
#9 - ORION
one racer - one account - one user stat
two racers - two accounts - who user stats

#10 - joen
Quote from Leprekaun :Well, fellas, if I had the money, I'd do it but I'm 16!!! so you can know that I'm not employed.

No offense really, but I had a job when I was 16. Not fulltime but on saturday's and during holidays. How were you able to pay for your S2 license then?
My bro bought it for me as a gift and I forgot to state, here in Egypt, they pay you peanuts. Look, the account is in my name, as you can see, it says under my username "S2 Licensed" so thats cool, but my bro also uses the account. Come on, I don't it would be hard to setup something like this, all it takes is that there is just some accounts that have 2 users for them. Basically, the way it would work would be that everytime you logon on to the master server, your computer sends a small piece of info stating the username you're using, and then the master server will check LFS world or its user database to see if the username you're using, with that account is there, and if so, it starts recording stats to that username, and not just the main account. Its very similair to how PBs get uploaded to LFS world. You're driving really quick, and you beat your PB, and then instantly your computer sends a small piece of info to LFS world telling it to update time, lets say BL XFG, 1:33.92 - 1:33.74. So, as I said, I don't think it would be hard to make.
+1
I think each time you switch accounts on an install of LFS it counts as an unlock so it is not possible to share atm. What I don't see is why can't LFS login to the master server with username and password everytime it loads, that way cracking is virtually impossible and you can switch users easilly. I suppose one problem is one account could be bought by people in different time zones and used at different times of the day.
-1 That's exactly the same as getting a free acount.

2 users per account?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG