The online racing simulator
LFS carsound expansion
(267 posts, started )
Quote from Norbi :He meant that it's gonna be real. Soon. :P

^^
hopefully its not soon™
lol good one shotglass, i know what you mean

now where is that scawen's dictionary i had around here... hm
It doesn't matter if the original sound used in this expansion are "average" if you can change and/or edit them. The FXR doesn't sound too bad atm. either.

But I would still wait for the actual release before making any comments about it
#55 - Mc21
I offically love you.
OMGWTFBBQ!!!!1one

I would certainly like to use them
Quote from AndroidXP :Hey! Don't drink and drive :drunk:

Smoke and fly!
WOW !!!! , sounds amazing guys !! , just hope this is not some hoax , lets wait and see
I'm more than sure those sounds are from toca race driver 3, they sound OK tho.
ho cares where they are from? they sound nice!:bannana_g
and when it will be released?

the original sounds are just boring
However it's done, if it can sounds that immersive in realtime (i.e. not just for the video clip) I'm sure it will be immensly popular.
real or not real; it can deffinetly get some approval from the outside community, i can promise that much atleast; rather than the strange sounding time warp sounding space vehicles that we drive in LFS.. that dont sound like cars

plus, its not about how realistic its made; it just shows off what LFS could be like.. (and really.. should tbh)
pretty cool except FXO. and i dl'd it with 24kb/s which is what i can get most out of my 256k connection
what.. FXO? there is no FXO in there, only FXR if thats what you mean, i think it sounds great, i wanna hear the FZR
Well, pretty short previews but at sounds a bit more close to real car than the current sounds.

But if this is fake... you know you'll be haunted by 10 000 angry LFS'ers?

I actually got some time ago a good idea how to easily add gear change sounds. Just needs a Windows program that you'll run behind LFS while your playing. Then you could bind shifting buttons to that program and everytime you shift up/down it would make a sound.
Quote from deggis :Well, pretty short previews but at sounds a bit more close to real car than the current sounds.

But if this is fake... you know you'll be haunted by 10 000 angry LFS'ers?

I actually got some time ago a good idea how to easily add gear change sounds. Just needs a Windows program that you'll run behind LFS while your playing. Then you could bind shifting buttons to that program and everytime you shift up/down it would make a sound.

But it wouldn't sound anywhere realistic. An engine produces different sounds under load (acceleration and deceleration) and under "static stress" = driving at certain speed. Also a gearshift may sound different (with different input from driver, changing from 2rd to 4th or 4th to 2nd or slight gear change error = "tearing sounds from transmission").

Even with more than one sample per "action" it would pretty soon start to sound very repetitive and unreal

But even if this mod could bring some variation to the sounds I would be pleased even with that
Quote from Hyperactive :But it wouldn't sound anywhere realistic. An engine produces different sounds under load (acceleration and deceleration) and under "static stress" = driving at certain speed. Also a gearshift may sound different (with different input from driver, changing from 2rd to 4th or 4th to 2nd or slight gear change error = "tearing sounds from transmission").

Even with more than one sample per "action" it would pretty soon start to sound very repetitive and unreal

I didn't say it would be realistic... but better than the current completely silent gearbox in LFS.

Afaik I don't know a single game that would "simulate" gear change sounds, every game just has some kind of "klonk" sound and for me it works fine. Though in road car that kind of sound would be a bit silly. And I forgot to mention that program would just randomly play couple of different sound files (just normal .raw or .wav so people could change them). So who's going to do this?
Nice Rocky, nice
The FXR sound looks interesting

What does the dictionary says about "soon" ? 2 - 3 days?
i want it so baaaaad!!
And yea what "soon" means to you guys?
Tomorrow ?
Now !
thats great
the sound is superb

LFS carsound expansion
(267 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG