The online racing simulator
fps
(16 posts, started )
fps
hello, problem with fps.
playing in hotlap I have an average of 70-100fps in race with cars, 10fps-20fps, when they move away 50fps

my equipment:

gygabyte 8ik100 intel pentium 2800 presscott
fsb 200
1gh memory dual channel 400ddr
aeolus geforce 6800 128mb
Im afraid that sounds fairly normal to be honest.

A packed screen with lots of cars on high detail will usually drop to 20-30FPS during first corner carnage. Average racing FPS for me is around 50-60 because I have v-sync on.

And just so you know, i have a pretty similar system to you.
ok. thanks, but I think that 20 fps with 4 cars alongside are very few. that equipment I need to be over the 60 fps always in all the situations?
Don't forget that the AI cars have all the physics done for each one of them 100 times a second (more for some parts of the car iirc), and the AI has to 'think' a bit too. It all adds up to the AI really putting a strain on a system. The solution? Race online where there are no AIs and therefore no local car calcs (mostly) other than your own.
no, that happens to me in online
it increased the fsp if I install to windows servipack 2?

I have installed the windows servipack 1
If you want some comparsion, listen here.

I used to have about 80-100 FPS when alone, about 40-50 when there were some cars(4-10). On starts it was tougher, when there were about 8-10 cars, I had about 35 FPS. On full grid(22 cars) FPS dropped on playable 20-25 FPS on starts. This all was when playing online(=on additional AI calculations)

I have P4E Presscott 3,2GHz
ASUS P5GDC Pro MoBo
1GB DDR2 533MHz CL3-3-3-10, dual channel
GeForce 6600GT(or better I HAD it )

If you can, please, do a better description when are your FPS low. For ex
Alone - 100FPS
4 cars - 70FPS
8 cars - 45 FPS
12cars - 35 FPS
and so on...... (check FPS on race starts)

Maybe there is some glitch in your system that is affecting your performance, your really shouldnt get 10 FPS....

SP2 will probably do nothing to FPS, but I strongly recommend you to install it because of MUCH better WinXP security....
I recommend you dont install XP SP2 because you are Spannish and in my experience it is extremely difficult to get genuine software in Spain even when you try too, assuming for a moment that you are using a hooky copy of Windows, SP2 will auto-download Windows Genuine Advantage which will ultimately lock you out of your system. It wont boost framerates either.
SP2 itself doesnt do the WinXP product key check, only the Microsoft download site does. So if you manage to get Spannish SP2 version from some non-microsoft site, you should be OK. And if you cant, just mail me. I know some tricks how to foolish MicroS**t genuine check.
Jose, when you go to Options -- Miscellaneous, have you got Multiplayer Speedup Option set to Yes, and the Dynamic LOD reduction slider set to 1.00? This might help a bit if you have these two options set to something else.
jtr99 : Jose, when you go to Options -- Miscellaneous, have you got Multiplayer Speedup Option set to Yes, and the Dynamic LOD reduction slider set to 1.00? This might help a bit if you have these two options set to something else

yes jtr99 set 1.00 and more details in low level

The temperature of my prescott belongs to 75-80 º, it can influence the yield?
Don't know enough about appropriate temperatures on these chips, but have you run a utility like RMClock or similar, just to check whether the chip is throttling due to excessive heat? That would certainly kill your FPS, if it's happening.
Your CPU temp is TOO HIGH, I had this overheating problem too. 75°C is temp treshold where Prescott core start "Thermal Throttling". It is slowing down by executing "empty" cycles. Get some better cooler and thermal grease, get down temp to 45°C idle and max 65°C loaded..... That is what I have now(Zalman CNPS7700AlCu, Arctic Silver 3 silver thermal compound) and I am 100% ok....
yes!!! It was because of it, I have extracted the lateral lid(snack) and put a big ventilator of house to the side, and me it has gone down to 65 º now I have always 80-100fps and in the exit of career (8 cars )50 fps!!! Tendre that to buy a very good ventilator to lower the temperature to my prescott

temperaturE 65º : Alone - 100FPS
4 cars - 70FPS
8 cars - 60-70FPS
12cars - 55-50 FPS

TEMPERATURE 75-80º: ALONE- 50FPS
4 CARS- 20 FPS
8 CARS- 20-15 FPS
12 CARS 5 FPS
Hehe, finally one solved performance problem.... enjoy LFS....
Thanks to all for yours help!!! The lfs lives!!!

fps
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG