The online racing simulator
The LFSForums US Election
(104 posts, started )

Poll : Chose one person to become the President of the United States

Barack Obama (D)
Ron Paul (I)
Mitt Romney (R)
Don't feel sorry for us.
Speaking of potential, someday the Danish will build a rocket and launch their first man into space more than 40 years behind the US. Come visit us at our Mars base!
Quote from flymike91 :Don't feel sorry for us.
Speaking of potential, someday the Danish will build a rocket and launch their first man into space more than 40 years behind the US. Come visit us at our Mars base!

even for an American, if this isn't a joke, is a very low-blow.

But yes, you Americans are great inventors, there is no way we can keep up with you.
It was a joke but also true. It is because America doesn't have lavish social welfare programs and short work weeks that we have the time and money to innovate. I support a president who believes that Americans can support themselves. Meanwhile welfare recipients have skyrocketed under Obama, creating a dangerous dependency on the federal government.

I took a trip back home to California last week to a small town on the border or Oregon. 47% of the population was unemployed, and all of the businesses and restaurants said that they can't find people willing to work because unemployment pays about the same. They take a job, do it badly and get fired, go on unemployment and then do it all over again when it runs out. Who knows what these people could have achieved if they were not caught in a cycle of dependency and worthlessness? If we want to continue to innovate and lead the world technologically, we need to force (yes, force) people to take care of themselves.
Quote from flymike91 :If we want to continue to innovate and lead the world technologically, we need to force (yes, force) people to take care of themselves.

I Concur.

For me as a technical designer (trainee in a company) i get paid around $1750 pr. month, if I didn't have work or didn't want to work... Actually if I simply said I was incapable of working, living in my own apartment.

My paycheck every month, with apartment bills paid for and everything would be around $4000.

But me in my mind I'm a liberal, I believe that if I want to succeed in life I've got to work.
Trust me, the danish welfare program is crazier than american is.

43% of my paycheck goes to taxes, welfare, church support( I mean seriously wtf ), SKAT.

The top taxes in Denmark are 60%, how is that fair?...
Quote from Dennis93 :Actually if I simply said I was incapable of working, living in my own apartment.

My paycheck every month, with apartment bills paid for and everything would be around $4000.

Being incapable of work (let's assume that it would be a genuine claim - you crashed your racing car or something ) isn't the same as being unemployed.

How much would you get if you were perfectly capable of working, just 'between jobs'?

I get around £1100 a month (after deductions) in my current job, at a stockbroker. 3 years ago I was made redundant at my last job and was unemployed for 6 months, constantly applying for jobs and searching for work, and I was getting just over £500 a month as unemployment benefit. It was just enough to live on but I wouldn't want to try it again.

One thing I did completely disagree with was the checks they did to make sure you were looking for work. They consisted of them asking me if I'd been looking for work and me replying 'yes.'
Wow Dennis...
Illuminati? Really? I guess you know then that Bin Laden is still alive. He was rescued by the Knights Templar and now resides in Area 51 and heads the build a burger group..... He only blew up the trade centers so he could build a bus terminal for space aliens. But I wouldn't think you'd know that seeing how our special forces are using subliminal messages to hypnotize Western Europeans so we can sneak CIA agents into their homes to put monitoring chips in them. And you being a Western Euro type.... Don't get too close to microwave ovens.

Yeah, I hear all the time from you eurotypes how stupid we are. How much we pale in comparison compared to you folks and your grand delusion of social progressiveness. Yeah, we're just real lamers compared to y'all. But I'll hand it to you. Thanks to the EU, I learned a new word definition.
Austerity.
Austerity is what happens when the government gets the bills for all those grand social programs and realize that they can't afford to pay for it.
So instead of throwing rocks at us, maybe you ought to fix all the broken windows in your house.
Don't worry mate. Come next year, you'll be learning all about Austerity as well. Because state-side ain't far behind. In fact, your ague-ably ahead.

Life goes on. Savers will save. spenders will spend. People who spent to much will continue to get into debt and savers will continue to complain about low interest rates. Employment has actually stayed relatively stable and the tax burden hasn't changed a great deal. (Not here in the UK anyway)

Governments have screwed up, they rode the wave and over reached themselves. Macro economics are pretty much the same as Micro economics. If you spend more than you have, your going to get into trouble.

If the whole global economy collapsed tomorrow it won't actually be the everyday person who will suffer the most. We'll muddle through like we always do. The ones with the most to loose and have the least value to society are the ones who don't want something like that to happen. As they know that they, when push comes to shove, the chickens come home to roost and the merde is the fan, that they have no intrinsic use in society at all.

when money is worthless, do we need high finance banks?
Personally I'd suggest those who voted ron paul to go actually check what he thinks about various issues. He a good talker and stuff he says makes him look good in tv but in the end he is just as hard liner and imho extreme right wing as those romneys and such. He just does not come off as a religious biggot because no one has seen interviews about him where he talks about those issues as well. Most people only know him from his economical speeches but there is more to him than just that.
I would love to see an independant moderate run and get elected, but I just don't see that happening

Point blank: people need to be rewarded for working. Give people at least a little bit more to work at minimum wage than they get on government handouts. That's simple enough.

Give people food stamps if they need it and only allow them to buy food and water. Nothing else with them. If they sell their food stamps to get beer or otherwise then so be it. They will go hungery. Don't give people minimum wage for doing nothing. Make them work for it. While you're at it bump it up just a little, but keep small business in business (a fine line, but not too difficult). Don't try to make the government do too much and get the budget back to even. Maybe even cut some military funding?

I just want to live, have a steady job, go to races, have a house, have food, raise a family at some point and have a little fun every now and then. I can do that now, but I don't want to give people a decent life for doing nothing. I see people do it and it makes me sick to see them buy new cars with saved up welfare checks.
#35 - CSF
Quote from Cornys :I would love to see an independant moderate run and get elected, but I just don't see that happening

Point blank: people need to be rewarded for working. Give people at least a little bit more to work at minimum wage than they get on government handouts. That's simple enough.

Give people food stamps if they need it and only allow them to buy food and water. Nothing else with them. If they sell their food stamps to get beer or otherwise then so be it. They will go hungery. Don't give people minimum wage for doing nothing. Make them work for it. While you're at it bump it up just a little, but keep small business in business (a fine line, but not too difficult). Don't try to make the government do too much and get the budget back to even. Maybe even cut some military funding?

I just want to live, have a steady job, go to races, have a house, have food, raise a family at some point and have a little fun every now and then. I can do that now, but I don't want to give people a decent life for doing nothing. I see people do it and it makes me sick to see them buy new cars with saved up welfare checks.

Fantastic idea. Actually all people should be allowed to eat is bread and all they can drink is water. Prohibition should return, and all 'murca's money should be spent on nuclear warheads, just incase Russia attacks. Bring back Star Wars I say!

I'm looking forward to you leaving high school and looking for employment. It will probably be the best time of your life.
Quote from Racer Y :Wow Dennis...
Illuminati? Really? I guess you know then that Bin Laden is still alive. He was rescued by the Knights Templar and now resides in Area 51 and heads the build a burger group..... He only blew up the trade centers so he could build a bus terminal for space aliens. But I wouldn't think you'd know that seeing how our special forces are using subliminal messages to hypnotize Western Europeans so we can sneak CIA agents into their homes to put monitoring chips in them. And you being a Western Euro type.... Don't get too close to microwave ovens.

Oh so it is true?? I didn't know that.. to be frank, it was all a joke....

Yeah, I hear all the time from you eurotypes (Gee thanks that's very kind, I'm south american btw.) how stupid we are. How much we pale in comparison compared to you folks and your grand delusion of social progressiveness ( It's all in the data brosef). Yeah, we're just real lamers compared to y'all (Never said that, but on a public scale I don't rate American very high compared to hmm say Germany or UK). But I'll hand it to you. Thanks to the EU, I learned a new word definition.
Austerity.
Austerity is what happens when the government gets the bills for all those grand social programs and realize that they can't afford to pay for it.
So instead of throwing rocks at us, maybe you ought to fix all the broken windows in your house.(How about US paid back all the money they've stole from the poor then? )

I think you misunderstood me.
Lucky for him. He certainly can't run on his failed domestic, foreign and monetary policies. An impeached president is probably the least controversial character he deals with.
Quote from flymike91 :Lucky for him. He certainly can't run on his failed domestic, foreign and monetary policies. An impeached president is probably the least controversial character he deals with.

Pretty much every single economist that I've heard lately has said that Obama's policies STOPPED the free-fall. You can't fix the economy until it stops shedding.

The stock market is back over 13000, which it was near / over back in 2007/2008 before the collapse.

On my view, most of the issue with the US economy recovery is fear about the European issues, and the fact that it seems most who make the real decisions forgot about high school economics or failed at it (If there's no demand for stuff, why supply?) Get money in the hands of the middle class and I guarantee demand will pick up. I can't spend any money on things other than fuel / food because whatever I have left after that goes to savings / uni loans. If I had less debt, I'd spend more...which would put people to work producing what I wanted!

But I don't really trust EITHER Obama OR Romney OR anyone to "fix" - I mean, it's only one man, even if he IS the POTUS.

But what do I know!
#41 - CSF
Quote from flymike91 :Lucky for him. He certainly can't run on his failed domestic, foreign and monetary policies. An impeached president is probably the least controversial character he deals with.

But I'm pretty sure if he was a white republican you'd be fine with everything he's done. But as he's a black democrat, who took over a lovely mess from a white republican, he's wrong on every count.

But hey, I'm sure if you give the rich tax breaks (ala Bush) it can't go wrong. History has shown that right? Sound economic sense there. Let's forget the mistakes we made before, and repeat them with another idiot.
He knew what he was getting into when he ran and promised to cut the deficit in half. He spend trillions. He promised Americans would be getting back to work, food stamp costs have doubled. We are now 16 trillion in debt, unemployment is barely dented, and he just wants to keep spending. It literally cannot go on because no one can possibly bail us out! Even if you took 100% of all the money from the millionaires in the US it wouldn't begin to solve our debt problem, yet he continues to blame job creators for our economic disasters.

^^ calling people racist is a cop-out to addressing the real issues we face.
Calling people racist is necessary when they're racist.
#44 - CSF
Quote from flymike91 :He knew what he was getting into when he ran and promised to cut the deficit in half. He spend trillions. He promised Americans would be getting back to work, food stamp costs have doubled. We are now 16 trillion in debt, unemployment is barely dented, and he just wants to keep spending. It literally cannot go on because no one can possibly bail us out! Even if you took 100% of all the money from the millionaires in the US it wouldn't begin to solve our debt problem, yet he continues to blame job creators for our economic disasters.

^^ calling people racist is a cop-out to addressing the real issues we face.

So you'd rather give a tax cut and then stop spending???? Please explain how that is going to work? You can't cut taxes, cut spending and then pay back the debt, it just doesn't work like that. Unemployment is going nowhere in the Western World, that is a fact that isn't only faced by America. It was caused by the excesses of regimes before 2008, and excesses in the banking sector that has led to the issues that we currently face.

No no, calling you out for being an obvious racist is very very easy. It's obvious to everyone that reads your posts.
I don't see how being opposed to Obama's policies is racist, nor is it racist to be opposed to Islam because it is not a race (if that's what you're referring to) I am opposed to both in the same way that many here are opposed to me: political ideology. I don't trust them for what is in their minds, not on their bodies. If Hillary Clinton won the presidency and made the same policies I would feel the same way.

In fact you can cut taxes and spending. The US does not have a problem with income. The government takes in billions of dollars, we just throw most of it away. If you eliminated the failed programs (some social welfare, some international programs, some redundant spending, some defense spending, some of absolutely everything that hasn't worked) we could perhaps begin to balance our budget without cutting taxes or decreasing spending. You hear in the news from time to time some jobs program that cost 5 million dollars but only created like six jobs, there are countless programs like that not only in the Federal gov. but in the United Nations as well.

That's why I support term limits so strongly. If congressmen could only serve eight years it would cripple the industry of political lobbyists both liberal and conservative. It would cost them too much to buy a new senator every term, so their ideology would have to stand on its merits, not its bank account. The people would have a much stronger voice in government.
I don't think anyone has said that being opposed to Obama's policies makes you racist.
Quote :But I'm pretty sure if he was a white republican you'd be fine with everything he's done.

I hope you like deep water.
Quote from flymike91 :.

You've said plenty of other things to give people reasonable cause to suspect you're racist. It wasn't your distaste for Obama's policies.
We can't talk about his policies because the first argument out of liberals' mouths is that you're a racist if you dislike Obama and his policies. Liberals use this deflection to avoid talking about the economy so that they can change the topic to social issues instead. It derails any possibility of compromise and is a large part of why American politics are so polarized. I know I seem radical right to you, but I grew up in San Fransisco. I know people can make their own decisions as the the morality of abortion, drugs, and gay rights and come to a consensus in the form of state legislation.

The presidential candidates shouldn't even be arguing these points because it is so far outside of the intended role of the federal government to decide which plants should be illegal, who can get married, or what women can do to fetuses. They should debate on four points:
  1. the economy
  2. national defense
  3. foreign relations
  4. the national debt
Everything else is just a diversion from the issues that matter the most to our everyday lives. Only 5% of Americans are homosexual and even fewer want to get married, yet this is considered by the left to be the defining social issue of our times. The fact that 1/3 of Americans polled believe that 25% or more of the U.S. population is homosexual is a testament to how successful this smokescreen is.

The LFSForums US Election
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG