The online racing simulator
Quick track selection & "tiny LFS"
Aston [1][2][3]...
That is not very descriptive.

When racing, we are shown a small map of the track on the top left corner.
In the "KWIK TRACK SELECT(tm)" screen there are numbers. It is not very helpful.
It would be better if instead of numbers, each track&configuration was represented
with a small map like the one on the top left corner when racing.

Also, i will try and make a tiny lfs installation so that it can be very easily spread.
I want to try and make it so small that it would be easy to transmit with Bluetooth
in mobile phones, WiFi, in USB memory sticks, etc.
#2 - ORION
tiny lfs sounds cool, but you cant really recrease the size if you want to use S2. For demo usage, you could remove some files which arent used as they are not available...
You could easily make LFS smaller by reducing texture quality and removing sound files.
it will be only for the demo, so i will remove tracks data, car data...
Quote from Becky Rose :You could easily make LFS smaller by reducing texture quality

Not a good course of action, i want it to be a demonstration to create a good impression
Kinda tricky to take out files imo. It won't be "just unlock and play s2" anymore, but you'll need a new download.
#7 - joen
Quote from traxxion :Kinda tricky to take out files imo. It won't be "just unlock and play s2" anymore, but you'll need a new download.

I agree.

What is the target size you are aiming for by the way?

I tried recompressing a clean S2 which is 138 MB with TugZIP using the 7Z compression format into a self-extracting archive. The filesize was reduced to 119 MB. But that was using the normal compression setting. It can be set to higher compression levels, I guess it would be possible to reduce the filesize more, maybe to below 100MB.
i am trying to make a "demo content only" package. Until now i am at 70MB. I can go lower, but i do not think i will continue this project.

i am scrapping it, because i do not have the developers' consent and i do not think it is nice to do something like that.

Back to the "mini maps for track(&track configuration, of course) selection" idea.
#9 - joen
Good to see that you respect the dev's wishes.
I agree about the track selection screen not being optimal at the moment. There's already been some discussion and ideas in this thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9870&page=3 ?
Maybe you can post your ideas about the track selection screen there?
the mods are free to (re)move this thread. thank you joen for the pointer.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG