The online racing simulator
Endurance Pro's
(44 posts, started )

Poll : What should we do with the classes?

GT1 & GT3
GT2 & NGT
GT3 & NGT
GT1, GT3 and NGT
GT1 & NGT
Endurance Pro's
Cancelled because of no interest

2012-2013

Team Rock Racing Events will organize their first endurance league, this autumn and winter!

During the league we will be hosting 5 endurance events, on multiple tracks. The car classes used are EPP and GT2.

The first event will take place quite soon, this is the Schedule:

SteelSeries 12 Hours of South City
Qualifying: 19th October 2012 - Starting 20:00 GMT+2
Race: 20th-21th October 2012 - Starting 18:00 GMT+2
Track: South City Town Course (SO5)

CM Storm 6 Hours of Blackwood
Qualifying: 16th November 2012 - Starting 20:00 GMT+2
Race: 17th November 2012 - Starting 18:00 GMT+2
Track: Blackwood EP Grand Prix (BL1X_EP)

Bridgestone 16 Hours of Kyoto Ring
Qualifying: 30th November 2012 - Starting 20:00 GMT+1
Race: 1st-2nd December 2012 - Starting 16:00 GMT+1
Track: Kyoto Ring National (KY2)

SteelSeries 8 Hours of Westhill
Qualifying: 18th January 2013 - Starting 20:00 GMT+1
Race: 19th January 2013 - Starting 16:00 GMT+1
Track: Westhill Grand Prix (WE1)

Lemmens Fotografie 10 Hours of Aston
Qualifying: 8th February 2013 - Starting 20:00 GMT+1
Race: 9th February 2013 - Starting 14:00 GMT+1
Track: Aston 23 (A23)

Rewarding series:
For a few of the best teams in the end, we will have some surprises. From those teams up to 5 drivers can be rewards. Example, Team A wins the series, and through the series has driven with 8 drivers. Only 5 from that team can be rewarded with surprises.

The restrictions per class, are as following:

Restrictions:
EPP:
FO8 0%

GT2:
XRR 24%
FZR 21%
FXR 23%

More info on the series in the following document:

https://docs.google.com/docume ... YRc-g6_3NCA88Ct8jsXw/edit

To sign up, follow these instructions:
1. Sign-up as team (Username to be team name) and validate to the website www.teamrockracing.com/events
2. Use the sign-up form and reply in this topic.

[B]Team Name:[/B]
Class:
Car:
Drivers-names / LFSW names / Nationality:
[B]Team Manager: [/B]

We hope to see many sign-ups coming.

Kind Regards,
Team Rock Racing
Walter Lemmens & Christel van Essen

Keep track of sign-ups!
Sign-up List
[B]Team Name: Team Rock Racing[/B]
Class: GT1
Car: FZR
Drivers-names / LFSW names / Nationality:
1. Michel Wen / m1chel / China
2. Niki Đaković / N I K I / Bosnia
3. TBA / TBA / TBA
4. TBA / TBA / TBA
[B]Team Manager: Walter Lemmens / RockClan / Netherlands[/B]

I don't want to know what you thought about whilst making up those combo's.

I wont even bother asking the rest of nFinity about this.

Good initiative anyhow.
Quote from Dennis93 :I don't want to know what you thought about whilst making up those combo's.

I wont even bother asking the rest of nFinity about this.

Good initiative anyhow.

Your point about combo's is I think directed to the tracks. Well I chose these because there aren't much endurance races on those tracks. Just something different for a chance.

Also the combo of GT1, GT3 and NGT seemed me quite unique.

Thanks anyways.
Combo's updated
-
(Dennis93) DELETED by Dennis93 : mehmehmeh I'll just wait for igtc or something
As long as Provost doesn't admin, you'll attract more teams.
Quote from Iginla :As long as Provost doesn't admin, you'll attract more teams.

He won't

He will probably do broadcasts.
3 classes not sure it is the best as it will make less cars on each classes and NGT roll easily when hitted slightly by GTRs
Quote from MoMo92i :3 classes not sure it is the best as it will make less cars on each classes and NGT roll easily when hitted slightly by GTRs

Look to it as Le Mans kind of series, LMP1, LMP2 and GT3
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan
Tommy Østgaard will be broadcasting and commentating this series!

Welcome to the crew Tommy.
Quote from rockclan :Look to it as Le Mans kind of series, LMP1, LMP2 and GT3

Le Mans has 55 (+1) cars field. Here we have 30 cars grid.
Quote from MoMo92i :Le Mans has 55 (+1) cars field. Here we have 30 cars grid.

So less danger of hitting a slower car.
3 class means 10 cars / class whereas 2 class means 15 cars/class so bigger fight !
Sometimes I just fail to understand you Rocky. Your 12 hour race has recently been cancelled due to a lack of interrest, and your answer is to create a brand new multi-class, multi-rounds endurance league...

Keep it simpler Rocky! You get your biggest successes when you keep things simple - ie: the 10 years LFS anniversary event.

You remind me of Dany Bahar, of (former) Lotus fame... An ego-driven, "over-the-top" dreamer, creating an army of new models, and joining pretty much every high profile motorsport series on the face of earth, all of that with no coherence whatsoever... Well, things didn't end up very well for him either.

But anyway, good luck.

Quote from MoMo92i :3 classes not sure it is the best as it will make less cars on each classes and NGT roll easily when hitted slightly by GTRs

Indeed.

Quote from MoMo92i :3 class means 10 cars / class whereas 2 class means 15 cars/class so bigger fight !

Assuming that he's getting a full grid for each class. Which is extremely unlikely at this point.

But you're right either way. The 3 class system accelerated the demise of MoE. It is/has been working in RM's 16 hour race only because of the events' huge success and the multi server system.

Quote from rockclan :Also the combo of GT1, GT3 and NGT seemed me quite unique.

Considering that a GT3 is more or less a dumbed-down GT2 in LFS - hardly.

GT1/GT2/NGT has been ran by the RM 16 hours event for years, same for the (now inactive) MoE with GT1/GT2, GT1/2WS with GT1/GT2, LLM's GT3 league is running GT3, etc, etc, etc.

Also, the faster NGTs might mix it up with the slower GT3s. Which is either a good or a bad thing, depeding of your prospective

Quote :Lemmens Fotografie 6 Hours of Westhill

:rolleyes:
Lemmens Big Fail Endurance Pro’s 2012-2013

Quote :3. Once accepted, all drivers must sign-up to www.teamrockracing.com/events with their real name, team name, username.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
GT1/GT2/NGT has been ran by the RM 16 hours event for years, same for the (now inactive) MoE with GT1/GT2, GT1/2WS with GT1/GT2, LLM's GT3 league is running GT3, etc, etc, etc.

Also, the faster NGTs might mix it up with the slower GT3s. Which is either a good or a bad thing, depeding of your prospective

Which in other words means, GT1, GT3 and NGT is unique. Thanks for confirming that.
Quote from -Joske- :Lemmens Big Fail Endurance Pro’s 2012-2013

Waar heb ik dat nou weer aan te danken?

Quote from -Joske- :

ELKE league organisatie die een league sectie wil, moet een website hebben, apart van een team website.
Added a poll, to let you decide what to do with the car classes.
Quote from rockclan :Added a poll, to let you decide what to do with the car classes.

No love for anything other than GTx or NGT?
FO8(LMP2) + GT2(GT). Also that schedule needs a bit of work.
your GT3 restrictions are awful. The FX3 at 31% will dominate the FZ3 (if faster teams choose it) and the XR3 will dominate anyways. TBH I would also choose something original. NGT and a dedicated GT1 series would be different. But we don't need anymore GT2/GT3 leagues atm, try something new that hasn't been done before like phil said.
any rulebook?
After listening to the advice from an experienced league admin. I've decided to change the classes, and trow the schedule around.

We now have the following car classes:
EPP = FO8+7%
GT2 = FX2, FZ2, XR2

The schedule has been updated a bit with some different tracks, and the events have moved around a bit. Now we have the events as: long, short, longest, short, long.

Tracks that will be used during this series:
SO5
BL1X_EP
KY2
WE1
A23

Endurance Pro's
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG