The online racing simulator
How much download for playing online?
Hi, my monthly internet allowance is 40GB and in one day I used 3.25GB somehow after just going on facebook and playing LFS.
I always thought LFS online was quite a low download (just car path data surely??) so I'm struggling to see how I used up so much? I'm not sure what the correct vocab for this is, but can someone estimate the kbps download rate of playing LFS online...I may have to cut back to keep within my limit otherwise!?

Thanks
I guess that if you try to create a server from game (not dedi) you'll find the info in the bandwidth calculator LFS has.

As the final figure depends on server configuration, I'll let you see it for youlself instead of say an exact figure.
thanks, sorted
Well you are now on a server with a maxxed out grid. Then it goes pretty fast

About 22.5 Megabyte a minute
1.35 Gigabyte an hour.

Seems also that you are just spectating. That doesn't really help.

If you really need to watch out try the S1 server or other lower populated servers.
blimey that is higher than i thought, but as you say servers with 20+ racers willl be greater. I got a free download counter program which reads around 20kbps when online now so I'm fine with that
You might also want to disable skin downloads , or set it to 512 k skin, in case you have set it to download hi-res 1024k skin
Quote from cargame.nl :Well you are now on a server with a maxxed out grid. Then it goes pretty fast

About 22.5 Megabyte a minute
1.35 Gigabyte an hour.

Seems also that you are just spectating. That doesn't really help.

If you really need to watch out try the S1 server or other lower populated servers.

Correct if I am wrong, but, I am surprised with that data. 22.5 MB/min would mean 384 KB/sec, that would mean 3 Mbps. (Megabits). I am on a 2 Mbps connection and play on maxed out servers all the time with no issues. Also if you would download 1.35 GB per hour, that is 16 GB per day, that is 480 GB per month.

I have played LFS on busy servers for 10 hours per day for many months, but it has never crossed say 6-10 GB per month. I have hi-res skin downloads enabled too. Probably you mean 22.5 Megabits per minute rather than MegaBytes, even then it seems a bit too high
It doesn't only depend on how many people are there in the server, it also depends on how many people connect to the server or disconnect from it, because new people connecting eat a lot of bandwidth.
@rageshgr, these numbers seem a little too low...
Quote from matijapkc :I
@rageshgr, these numbers seem a little too low...

ya well it was a ballpark. But it certainly was under 15 GB. No way near Dave's statistics

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG