The online racing simulator
DDR4, DDR3, DDR2, RAM questions
(3 posts, started )
#1 - jnr89
hello people, Im just getting crazy with this doubt, if my system is compatible with ddr4 ram modules, it can go with ddr3 or ddr2??

My mobo (sabertooth x58) supports ddr3 with the triple channel setup but Im not very into it, can I put ram modules in dual channel mode? because I read somewhere while googling around, that could be dangerous (wtf)

I dont understand why running a triple channel mobo in dual channel mode could be dangerous...

pd:
Im running with one ram module (2gb ddr3 corsair dominator) because I loss the other two, I have no problem, still...

sorry for my bad english
Quote from jnr89 :hello people, Im just getting crazy with this doubt, if my system is compatible with ddr4 ram modules, it can go with ddr3 or ddr2??

No. RAM generations aren't backwards or forwards compatible. DDR3 mobo requires DDR3 memory, DDR4 isn't even out yet for quite some time.

Quote from jnr89 :My mobo (sabertooth x58) supports ddr3 with the triple channel setup but Im not very into it, can I put ram modules in dual channel mode? because I read somewhere while googling around, that could be dangerous (wtf)

There's no danger to it. Running dual channel on your system just doesn't give you the maximum memory bus bandwidth the motherboard supports.

Quote from jnr89 :Im running with one ram module (2gb ddr3 corsair dominator) because I loss the other two, I have no problem, still..

You are currently running in a single channel configuration, as you only have one RAM stick in use. If you get two or four sticks, you can do dual channel. If you want triple channel, you need to install the RAM in pairs of three. So either three or six sticks to get all the memory bus bandwidth that motherboard supports.
#3 - jnr89
Quote from Matrixi :

You are currently running in a single channel configuration, as you only have one RAM stick in use. If you get two or four sticks, you can do dual channel. If you want triple channel, you need to install the RAM in pairs of three. So either three or six sticks to get all the memory bus bandwidth that motherboard supports.

nice, I will try to get some 3x4 gb pack in triple channel, I was affraid to damage the board using just 1 module.

thank you very much for the info!

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG