The online racing simulator
FBM "default" logos .psd decals?
Hi.

Where can I find .psd decals/layers for the logos present at the bottom of the FBM's sidepods, on the default skin? You know, the long line of logos with Ferodo, Castrol, etc. Check the attached picture to see what i'm talking about.

The reason why I'm asking that is, I'm trying to make a replica of a real life Formula BMW USA livery, and it seems that they had the exact same decals at the exact same place in the real life series too.

Sorry if the answer to my question is obvious... This is the first time I make a serious attempt at skinning the FBM
Attached images
cmx_00000036.jpg
Hmm,I would just google for png logos (for example search "castrol logo png"),most of them are with transparent background,just put black color overlay if they are needed black.
Why not just overlay the default skin and use the multiply blend mode, gives some extra shadows as well.
#4 - Bean0
Quote from boothy :Why not just overlay the default skin and use the multiply blend mode, gives some extra shadows as well.

Thanks for the advice. Will try to figure out how to do that - I'm a complete noob at skinning

Quote from Eclipsed :Hmm,I would just google for png logos (for example search "castrol logo png"),most of them are with transparent background,just put black color overlay if they are needed black.

Quote from Bean0 :www.brandsoftheworld.com not got them ?

That was always an option of course, but I was just too lazy to find/download/resize/place correctly all the logos.
Like so
Attached images
fbmwps.jpg
#7 - Bean0
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :That was always an option of course, but I was just too lazy to find/download/resize/place correctly all the logos.

It took me hardly any time at all to find them, and would not be much work to put them in the proper position as you have the default skin to copy from.

Quote from boothy :Like so

If he is skinning at 2048x2048, they'll probably look poor when enlarged.
Quote from Bean0 :It took me hardly any time at all to find them, and would not be much work to put them in the proper position as you have the default skin to copy from.

OK, I might do that instead, then.

BTW, I apologise if I wasn't clear enough, but what I was looking for was some kind of big transparent layer file with all the decals at the right place. I saw those logos on other third party skins in the past, so I thought that something like that was available somewhere.

Quote from Bean0 :If he is skinning at 2048x2048, they'll probably look poor when enlarged.

Yes, I'm planning to skin at 2048x2048.

Quote from boothy :Like so

Thanks for the screenshot boothy. Not sure yet which solution I'll use, but I'll still give it a look later.
Quote from boothy :Why not just overlay the default skin and use the multiply blend mode, gives some extra shadows as well.

OK, I get it now. Problem is, my skin is dark-ish blue and the logos in question are white instead of black. See the picture - sorry for the ridiculously small resolution, can't find any better.

This is why I was looking for a pre-made transparent layer, I was looking for simply inverting the layers' colours, turn it from black to white and there you go.

Is there any clean way to invert the logos' colours in the case you presented boothy?

BTW please forgive my noobishness, in the past I was only doing simple stuff with Paint.net. Now I am trying to get started with GIMP. Always learning on the fly might not be the best way though, maybe I should look for an online guide or something
Not perfect,but close inuff... (made in 4096,shouldn't be problem to resize,right?)

Edit: doh... 2 minutes...

Edit 2: Should be the right size now...
Attached images
FBM_DEFAULTlogosTemplate.png
4096x4096 or 4048 intentional?
Ah,crap,I had the feeling that something was wrong with that number... That happens when you make only 2kpx skins and then try 4kpx...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG