The online racing simulator
[SC] Cruise Server
(17 posts, started )
[SC] Cruise Server
Hello all, I am the owner of [SC], I have recently started a cruise server(Yes I know just what we need another cruise server.). The insim is in beta, but has some unique features, and many features you find on other cruise servers...

Please check out my server: [SC] Cruise Server

Unique Insim Features:
  • Game Saves/Profiles (You can have multiple stats per account)
Usual features:
  • Cash
  • Distance Tracking
  • Health
  • Distance Bonus
  • Cadet/Cop system
  • Jobs
  • Shops
Features coming very soon:
  • Bank+Bank Bonus
Once again, I hope you guys will at least give my server a try.

Thanks, T3charmy.
Nice, this looks like a new revolutionary type of cruising with the money and unlocking of cars etc.
Is there really demand for new cruise servers these days?
I am not going to say it's a bad idea, and I sincerly wish you the best of luck, but with those many servers and not that many users these days I belived the current lineup of servers were enough?

Either way, as said, I wish you and your server the best of luck
Quote from Bose321 :Nice, this looks like a new revolutionary type of cruising with the money and unlocking of cars etc.

I enjoy your kind words of sarcasam.
Quote from The Very End :Is there really demand for new cruise servers these days?
I am not going to say it's a bad idea, and I sincerly wish you the best of luck, but with those many servers and not that many users these days I belived the current lineup of servers were enough?

Either way, as said, I wish you and your server the best of luck

Thanks Mate. Cruise isn't the only thing [SC] is gonna be... It's just the insim I had lying around from a while ago, that I decided to go back recode old features, and add some new, and unique features. Would really like to get to be in the better known servers. But Like you said, with not that many users Things are gonna be hard, which is where having unique features come in hand.
Nice features , importing stats etc

Good job.

Wish you the best of luck

Greetz
Goodluck!
Can I ask when you got permission to use information from TC's statistics system?

Apart from that little hitch I wish you luck with your server.
#8 - PoVo
Quote from mbutcher :Can I ask when you got permission to use information from TC's statistics system?

Apart from that little hitch I wish you luck with your server.

TC's statistics system is available publicly to the world wide web so you granted that permission yourself.
Displaying statistics publicly gives you permission to view them, it does not grant you permission to manipulate them in such a way. It doesn't matter how you spin it, you should always ask for permission anyway surely?

Anyway, the entire "stats import" system is partially flawed. If for instance I join your server and try to import my stats, that's all well and good but imagine I then leave and rejoin TC. My stats won't have changed because your insim wouldn't be able to update them. It's a fantastic idea but being able to fully transfer stats between servers is not feasible. Of course, if it works properly, importing stats in one direction is a perfectly good idea.
Quote from mbutcher :Displaying statistics publicly gives you permission to view them, it does not grant you permission to manipulate them in such a way.

Do you actually have a basis for this argument or did you just pull it of a hat? I'm not flaming or anything, just curious as to whether there is an actual copyright infringement involved.
Quote from hyntty :Do you actually have a basis for this argument or did you just pull it of a hat? I'm not flaming or anything, just curious as to whether there is an actual copyright infringement involved.

The stats are public knowledge and not something we can exactly copyright, just like you can't copyright the olympic medal stats. It's just I'd expect someone to ask if it was ok to use our stats in this way before going ahead with developing such a system. So no, I wasn't just picking this from out of thin air, it had a basis. I certainly wouldn't call it an argument either.
One question:

Is there any rule wich ''prohibes'' the use of your public stats transfered to the website for any other program or development?

I mean , where appears that we cannot make a program wich reads lines from the pic wich gives TC website when checking our stats , and by reading that line gives us a amount of $ or cars in another cruise server?
There's nothing stopping them from using our stats. If they want to use the values on our stats system, that's nothing to do with us at all and it's perfectly fine to do so, no objections from us.

What they have to think about is what if someone on our servers has €500,000. They come onto your servers with that amount, do you really want this to happen?

Just to say, if it sounded like I was picking an argument, I wasn't, it would have been nice for [SC] to ask permission to use our stats but hey, the stats are there for your use in whatever way you see fit, it's just nice to be informed of such developments.

Good luck with it folks, will be interesting to see how it goes for you.
Well , about the €500,000 on your servers , transfering them to our servers, it's owner decision to allow it or not.

Every server haves his way to earn or make people happy , and if giving them the same stats as their another ''favourite cruise server'' is a solution , why not do it?

Yes, if that's the way they want to run their servers, that's completely up to them.
Good server. deserves more users though
I've done quite a few insim updates last few days. Worth a checking..

Quote from 240sxdaniel89 :Good server. deserves more users though

Thanks. Would be nice to have more users. At least the members we do have, come back often.

P.S. Stat Imports are no longer possible...

[SC] Cruise Server
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG