The online racing simulator
Lapping backmarkers
(90 posts, started )
Phlos tried to wreck me once when lapping me badly, but ended up spinning himself. Then he burst into tears when he watched the replay and realised it was me, and that I lost no time... Since then I've raced him a couple of times (I tend to leave the server when he joins), and he's actually better at lapping me now - gives me more room, doesn't go around the outside of fast turns and keeps the horn quiet (helped by the lack of horn in the FOX).
one thing that would help is if people bothered to thank the backmarkers that allow them to pass.

when im going to be lapped i try to time it so that i can run wide off the racing line into a corner and let them through or pull to one side before a bend if theres space and i can do it without the risk of the faster car going for the same part of track and theres nothing more anoying than when, after you've made the effort and pulled into the gap at the entry to the first or last bends at ascot club and let them through, they cant be bothered to give a thank you.

other anoyences are when you let someone pass after you leave the pit only to discover (s)he's 2 or more secs slower a lap and he wont let you repass him, over a couple of laps its not a problem but if its a 20 + lap race the time your loosing could allow you to catch them up at some circuits. also why are people so impatient? i had one "idiot" hit me and almost put us both off even though it was the lasp lap and he was leading race by 20 secs.

if you are being passed, what ever you decide to do, do it positivly and early so the faster car can see whats going to happen, if your going to slow on straight do it so it's obvious to the other car before they find themselves disappearing up your exhaust pipe. if your pulling to one side, make it a pull that gives as much room as practicle for the faster car and not just as they are commiting to pulling to one side to pass you, i've lost count of how often ive gone to pass after the bridge and before turn 1 at south city only for the backmarker to try and pull over into same part of track and hit me ( unless of course they were trying to block me, perish the thought )

if you passing make it obvious to the back marker what your going to do, pull to one side earlier not last minute, in the above sit at south city i stcik really close to left wall under bridge and stick well to left afterwards and use my "excuse me may i pass" key bind.

in sumary have consideration to others if your passing or being passed, mistakes and missunderstandings will still happen but manners and tollerance go a long way to making the proccess more pleasent for all
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :and im sorry but most of you are total idiots, why dont u read whats being said? My statement was, if a backmarker is blocking and weaving ill push them wide (fire) not i fire every backmarker i come up to.

must be hard for such a genius like you to live in a world full of idiots..

getting personal but last time I saw you online you were wrecking a guy on purpose in T1 because he didn't follow blue flags as fast as you wanted in earlier race.. revenge as you said illepall Fair play eh?

I'm an idiot I knew that already, but as you can see from posts above the LFS community doesn't like selfish arrogant pricks. Respect others and they respect you.. And sure there are people who don't really know what blue flag means or don't know what to do if they see one, but kicking/banning/wrecking them isn't the best way to teach newbies.
Quote from jtr99 :Can we have a private server for Dendy and Phlos to just ram into the back of each other please?

lets start collecting the money to pay for it now.

what a right pair!illepall
Imo there is a big difference between people who just joined the server and people who are 1/2 laps behind because they had to pit, or whatever.

But the thing is that the people who just joined the server ignore the blue flags most. And imo, when you just joined, just make sure you're not on the racing line and not going full, so others know what to expect.

When I just joined a server I'll make sure I'm faster, no where near the ideal line when someone's approaching, or that I'm in the pits.

When I fall back one lap, I usually push a bit harder, and then I give the race leaders not as much room, but still enough, and I wait for a point where it's possible to get (slightly) off the throttle.
Quote from tristancliffe :Phlos tried to wreck me once when lapping me badly, but ended up spinning himself. Then he burst into tears when he watched the replay and realised it was me, and that I lost no time... Since then I've raced him a couple of times (I tend to leave the server when he joins), and he's actually better at lapping me now - gives me more room, doesn't go around the outside of fast turns and keeps the horn quiet (helped by the lack of horn in the FOX).

I was not trying to wreck you at all, don't lie again please.

The truth is : I was racing with Darkone for 1st position and you were in front of me (as a backmarker). So I horned you to warn you ("Leaders behind you, take care and move as quickly as possible !"), but my horn probably bugged your brain because after that you defended your position against me...what an unfair move for a backmarker against leaders
Then I tried to overtake you in a close fight (because you were still not trying to let me overtake easily...), but spinned, because of my angry due to your unfair moves against me (I lost precious time over Darkone)

Thank you for ruining my race ****, and please tell the truth, otherwise I post the video/replay and then people will know you are a liar...
Quote from Phlos :(I lost precious time over Darkone)

You wouldn't have caught me anyway! (This is about Vixen Season 1 Race 1 featurerace I pressume?)
Quote from frokki :Phlos, you should try to take a more frendier attitude out there!

Tell me what do you think, what does a newcomer, who plays his/her first races, thinks when he is panicing under blue flags, hears a furious horn tooting, and is been purposely wrecked by the fastest driver of the race?

I bet they won't get good first impressions of the game.

Yes I agree but when I join a new game as a newbie, I try to be tiny as possible until I learn most of the stuffs

The first step is to don't annoy "old" players, for example the "Ready" button in some FPS. I try to find this button as quick as possible on a new game to don't annoy other... opposite to some noobs that doesn't care about it and annoy every people...

It's a really simple example, but I think it gives a good "image" of my mind and some people's mind

(And please don't say "they don't know where is the ready button", because thoses idiots push it sometimes and most of the time not...they are probably the same bad backmakers in LFS... IMO the they just play for fun, and they really doesn't care of other people...)
Quote from Darkone55 :You wouldn't have caught me anyway! (This is about Vixen Season 1 Race 1 featurerace I pressume?)

You know, everything can change when you are closer to a car
omg.. Cristan Tliffe is liar eh this topic's not getting anywhere?
Quote from jtr99 :Can we have a private server for Dendy and Phlos to just ram into the back of each other please?

And could that server also host a forum where people can call each other "idiot", "****", "liar", and so on?
i dont expect people to jump out of the way, i dont spam blue flag, and i dont try to honk the horn, which is where i differ from phlos, i enjoy to overtake. my point is that if sum1 is weaving, which is NEVER right under any circumstance, they should be hit, backmarker or not.

i wish people would stop saying wrecked because there is a difference. wrecking causes damage.

in my opinion, avoiding crashes and spinners and overtaking backmarkers qucikly is an important peice of race craft. If im leading and i fire a backmarker off that means the guy in 2nd place doesnt loose time overtaking him!!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Phlos :IMO the they just play for fun,

and you sim race because? Maybe to practice your wrecking techniques. TBH Phlos you are fast, much much faster than I'll ever be but you're just damn right dirty, whenever I've seen you online there is always some fight involving you and someone else. IRL if you acted like you do online you'd be banned from racing. You go on at new people, in fairness they don't always know what they're doing wrong. You do know what you're doing wrong but you still do it just because you have to win and IMO it doesn't get much sadder than cheating in sim racing.
No no I do that because some drivers don't respect other, not to win. IMO it's better to wreck them (and don't finish/win race) so they will learn a lesson.

Yes I think when you hit someone it helps them to remember the lesson easier than chat/spam

- "Wtf man why you wrecked me ?"
- "Because you acting like a noob, you don't respect blue flag nor other drivers. Please drive fair and responsible and everything will be fine."

#65 - Gunn
I like to have a few beers with my backmarkers before overtaking them. Y'know, get the wives chatting, exchange tall stories, borrow their lawn mower etc... then overtake them. I mean, they are backmarkers after all, they are at the back for a reason, and it might be a good one. Just set one of your auto-chat messages to "you have lovely thighs", that'll distract them long enough to breeze by and who knows, you might catch sight of their lovely thighs before you need to brake for the chicane. Wrecking just is not an option, I want people to warm to LFS even if they start off being a bit wayward in the beginning. Bloody n00bs! (with nice thighs).
I suddenly have an urge to make an orange skin..
Quote from Phlos :No no I do that because some drivers don't respect other, not to win. IMO it's better to wreck them (and don't finish/win race) so they will learn a lesson.

Yes I think when you hit someone it helps them to remember the lesson easier than chat/spam

- "Wtf man why you wrecked me ?"
- "Because you acting like a noob, you don't respect blue flag nor other drivers. Please drive fair and responsible and everything will be fine."

illepall
trying to cure lack of respect by wrecking is paradox.
wrecking other ppl is a sign of no respect for others at all.
Yes this is exactly what it is
They don't respect me on track, I don't respect them on track
#70 - Gunn
Quote from Phlos :Yes this is exactly what it is

That's ok, I still respect them on the track even if they don't respect you on the track. We're all even now.
What was said earlier about making your intentions clear is correct. You need to let people know what you are going to do, be it lapping or being lapped, if you spring a move on someone, don't be surprised if they cut your nose off.

Normally most people respond well when after the race if you ask them to obey the blue flags and not to race people lapping them. If they don't, kick them, it's not hard is it?
9 times out of 10, voting to kick/ban people never results in them being kicked or banned.

if u do the move correctly your nose wont be cut off, if it is, u have made a bad pass.
-
(IReallyHateBureaucracy) DELETED by IReallyHateBureaucracy
I crashed a lappee on purpose today. I was in my last lap, and I was drafting him, and when I wanted to pass... He blocked me, I could just avoid him by suddenly trying to pass on the other side, I hit him by doing that, but it was his fault, so when I passed the finish line I clipped him into the wall... I hate wreckers, but that was just too much for me to take. He didn't even complain, I guess he knew what he did.
Quote from Phlos :Yes this is exactly what it is

When the bible says "an eye for an eye", it doesn't mean that you can poke someones eye out if they poke your eye out first.
Quote from sgt.flippy :I crashed a lappee on purpose today. I was in my last lap, and I was drafting him, and when I wanted to pass... He blocked me, I could just avoid him by suddenly trying to pass on the other side, I hit him by doing that, but it was his fault, so when I passed the finish line I clipped him into the wall... I hate wreckers, but that was just too much for me to take. He didn't even complain, I guess he knew what he did.

welcome to the dark side lol

blocking is unacceptable

Lapping backmarkers
(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG