The online racing simulator
How bad are donuts for your tyres?
(54 posts, started )
Quote from broken :Say for 10 donuts once every 2 months, will that make any difference on how often you need to change the tyres?

Tyres can heal themselves quite quickly and should be able to fully recover from 10 donuts within just a few weeks.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Tyres can heal themselves quite quickly and should be able to fully recover from 10 donuts within just a few weeks.

I thought you had to do the same amount of burnouts in reverse.
Quote from dadge :I thought you had to do the same amount of burnouts in reverse.

True, but that requires quite some skill.

If your tyre is worth something to you, the psycology of them should be conidered. When a Tyre is burned out it needs therapy. Recommended are daily runs in only a straight line (no turns at all) and not faster than 10 mp/h, regular intervalls between sunlight and darkness and constant temperatures.

Some say music helps, preferably mellow music (no metal or sorts, that will only create blisters) but personnaly i think thats not very plausible.
You, gentlemen, win all the internets you can eat.
put them into a freezer for 9 hours. it works for condoms.
No, the tyres. Why would you put doughnuts in a freezer. That's crazy talk right there!
Go do your 5 circles sir.

Yes, you will have to change your tyres sooner or later.

Yes, it does disturb the thread inside the tyres, thus reduced handling.

Every few weeks.... Long live fwd to unencourage me to such waste.
I think a lot of people misunderstood the question here.
He did not ask IF the donut thing was bad for the tyres, but HOW MUCH it was. Actually I think it's a sensible question, which myself I have been wondering about before. I know spinning is bad for any tyres, but how much do actually normal road tyres wears of skidding / spinning?

That however does not mean I will go out and spin shit up, and to be honest, I canot even spin propperly in my Hunday Atos, but well...
I like to see myself as a sensible person (BEHIND THE WHEELS), but asking a question should not make me an idiot. If anything I award the creator of this topic for at least asking what harm it would do before he actually does it
but the way he wrote it ("Say for 10 donuts once every 2 months") he makes it sound like doing donuts is a regular activity for him, and in that case he, with his own eyes, should be able to monitor his cars tire wear.
Quote from ACCAkut :but the way he wrote it ("Say for 10 donuts once every 2 months") he makes it sound like doing donuts is a regular activity for him, and in that case he, with his own eyes, should be able to monitor his cars tire wear.

If that's the case, then you got a point.
I guess we can agree on that it's your responsibility to make sure your tyres meet the requirements to drive safely on the road.

(Ps: Iv seen people who don't know how to check a tyre They belive as long as there is rubber on the tyre it's ok, they had no idea they needed these marks / rubberpaths lols.. then you start wondering how they got the lissence in first place.)
Intelligent reply : run another set of rims and tyres, put them on the back, do donuts, repair damage from exploded tyre, refit originals.

Yes, spinning up your tyres and converting them into smoke will cause higher than usual wear.
Quote from The Very End :I think a lot of people misunderstood the question here.
He did not ask IF the donut thing was bad for the tyres, but HOW MUCH it was.

Actually you also misunderstood the question here. On his case there can't be a single answer. The tyrewear depends on speed, route and the amount of time he is spending on cooking while driving. Usually making donuts does not affect tyres since people tend to cook them at kitchen.
Loooooooooooooooool! If he had continued the car would probally ignite at some point
Quote from The Very End :(Ps: Iv seen people who don't know how to check a tyre They belive as long as there is rubber on the tyre it's ok, they had no idea they needed these marks / rubberpaths lols.. then you start wondering how they got the lissence in first place.)

Some years back a fellow bus driver wore his buses right front tire down to the steel carcass due to some toe misalignment, and swore he didn't see it. It was a Sprinter carrying eight kids 40km every day
Quote from ACCAkut :Some years back a fellow bus driver wore his buses right front tire down to the steel carcass due to some toe misalignment, and swore he didn't see it. It was a Sprinter carrying eight kids 40km every day

:|
How can you not feel that? God some people..
Quote from -NightFly- :Usually making donuts does not affect tyres since people tend to cook them at kitchen.

Incorrect.

Making DOUGHNUTS requires kitchen time (usually) and doesn't wear tyres (directly).
Making DONUTS requires more torque than traction on a car or bike and wears tyres.
Doughnuts applied on police cars actually reduces tire wear!
But the tyres are likely to develop flat spots from standing for extended periods.
"Donuts" sounds like something you'd say in a brothel.
Or the name of a woman you'd meet in a brothel
Quote from tristancliffe :Incorrect.

Making DOUGHNUTS requires kitchen time (usually) and doesn't wear tyres (directly).
Making DONUTS requires more torque than traction on a car or bike and wears tyres.

Doughnut and donut are the same actually.
"The first known printed use of donut was in Peck's Bad Boy and his Pa by George W. Peck, published in 1900"
So according to the Oxford Dictionary while "doughnut" is used internationally, the spelling "donut" is American...
Tristan is referring to the application of donut in motoring. We know doughnut and donut are the same thing but when you apply doughnut to motoring it's somewhat false. As the donut itself is probably an American originated motoring manouvre.
I, and several others here, were making use of humour, sarcasm and word-plays.

How bad are donuts for your tyres?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG