The online racing simulator
How can i create a .eng engine sound file???
What i basically want to do is create my own .eng files for use with LFS S2.I have some sounds i want to convert to this format but all i need now is a program or utility to open up exixting eng files so i know how to get it right, for instance, does the sound have to be at a certian pitch, say on idle, or is there more to it than that?? if anyone knows ofd some kind of mp3 to eng convertor or something similar then please let me know!!! thanks in advance
The game is the converter
Start LFS, Training or SP, select the car you want the .eng for, leave the pits and open the mixer with SHIFT+A. You can load and export waves and save the whole set as .eng package
And the file you created can be found in the data/engine folder. Just to let you know...
so im guessing the wave files i want to make into eng files need to be in the engine folder to start with??
Not necessarily, but the WAV files used are just simple click sounds. The sound engine does the rest of the work. Using a wav sample similar to what other games use will result in a horrid mess of noise.
Quote from danthebangerboy :so im guessing the wave files i want to make into eng files need to be in the engine folder to start with??

That's correct

Quote from MAGGOT :Not necessarily, but the WAV files used are just simple click sounds. The sound engine does the rest of the work. Using a wav sample similar to what other games use will result in a horrid mess of noise.

AFAIK starter sound can be up to 1 sec, engine sound really is just a click though, about 40ms or something like that.
Er, yep. I was referring specifically to the engine sounds. I shoulda clarified that :P
hey man i was wondering, does the game convert the .wav V8 engine into .eng or what? cause when i just leave it as .wav and go into game it cannot find it and when i rename to XRG_V8.eng it does find it but when i try and load it it say: file failed header check....
Quote from RobbiSig :hey man i was wondering, does the game convert the .wav V8 engine into .eng or what? cause when i just leave it as .wav and go into game it cannot find it and when i rename to XRG_V8.eng it does find it but when i try and load it it say: file failed header check....

Like Flame already told you, samples can't be used as engine sound. Only way to get a V8 is to use the tweak program

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG