The online racing simulator
WIN a Steam key for Cliffs of Dover!
(25 posts, started )
#1 - Noccy
Yes you read that right.

I've decided to give away a few copies of CLOD to promote this game a bit and one of those keys will be given away here.
It's inspired by and loosely based on the Live For Speed tradition of giving away licenses.

There are only a few simple rules to qualify:
1. You must not own Cliffs of Dover yet.
2. You must be registered on this forum since December 2011 or earlier.
3. Have a Steam account registered before today.
4. The selected winners must provide their steam ID privately when requested to verify their steam join date and that they dont already own a copy.
5. You should have a system that can run CLOD well, preferably a quadcore with a Nvidia 560Ti or better running on 64bit Win7.
6. Having previously posted in a flightsim thread on these forums will be a plus.

So if you'd like to participate make your submission in this forum thread providing:
1. Your systemspecs
2. Write a bit about why you want and deserve the key.

I will judge the submissions and decide who to award the key to.
Those who already own CLOD, remember to tell your friends or anyone you know here who's into flightsimming.
Close date for submissions is Friday 20th July 2012 at midnight (UTC time), and the key will be given out somewhere during Sunday 22nd July.

Thanks to,
-the taxoffice for paying me back more than expected.
-ATAG for running a server that makes this game worth playing.
-1C and Maddox Games for making the sim.

Good luck to all participants! :static:
#3 - Noccy
Hmmm you might be right, I didn't see that section before.
But seeing how little interest there is...I guess it would have gotten even less views there.

Noone left here at all who plays fligthsims? :Kick_Can_
i play, but i have it already.
well i do like to play flightsims and i dont have it yet!

so here i go...

system specs:

CPU: intel Q8200
GPU: Geforce GTX 465
RAM: 4 GB

why do i deserve this key...well not because i have the best pc i guess...
i just like to fly and have some fun.
havent really come around any good flight sims beside the MS ones.
i have a joystick sitting around here which waits to be used, but i have nothing which would make sense to use it for

the game looks really good so id love to play it especially in mp.
#6 - Mysho
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (3,40Ghz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX470
RAM: 4,00 GB DDR2

Why me: Used to play A LOT old IL-2 Sturmovik, wanted to buy Cliffs of Dover because I got tired of old Sturmovik engine, but never actually spared those € for this. I remember those missions and fights which I experienced a long time ago, since I've been playing Sturmovik.
CPU: Intel Dual Core Duo E8400 @ 3.00ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX460
RAM: 4 GB DDR2

Been playing Flight Sims since 2004-2005, get in "moods" where I'll play it to death and really enjoy it. Never was able to get IL2 working properly due to problems with the patches, and have been wanting something updated with good graphics and have a laugh, just been lacking the money to get this.
Win 7 64bit
AMD Athlon X2 5600+
4GB DDR2
Nvidia 9800GTX

Yeah, I can't afford to upgrade my computer much less buy games. I have both IL-2 Sturmovik as well as 1946, and have been into flight sims since Flight simulator 1998 or that F-22 game, can't remember.
Long time lover of WWII planes. Does it count if I have a B-17G model with a 4 foot wingspan? Never did finish my P-38J though.
EDIT: actually scrap it. Most of you guys would probably play it more than me, and also my PC prolly wouldn't handle it.
Win 7 64bit
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4 (8mb unlocked)
16GB 1333mhz CL9 (DDR3)
HD6850 1GB DDR5

my box only plays LFS and L4D, and it's bored. I already have the sim-stick and was actually on the market for a force-feedback one. Mine is a cheap-ass logitech entry level thingie.

My favorite flying sims was Red baron and F29 Retaliator back in the day. I have since only really played MS combat flight sim. Never really tried the IL series.
To be honest, Cliff of Dover is really bad in comparison Sturmovic....
it just don't have the 'right' feel about it.... But the hell do i know about flying.

Good luck guys
Intel Core i5 @ 4.0GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATi 4890 OC'd a little bit.
Win7 64b

I have played the first IL-2 game when I was younger, of course I played it a as a game then. I'm much more sim oriented now. I bought IL-2 1946 on steam, played it a couple of time but I realized that the game is too old for today's standarts. I want to play Cliff of Dover for a change, I have read about it since the release, but never acutally found the motivation to buy the game...
Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7 2600K
16GB DDR3 Ripjawx
XFX Radeon HD6970

I've played Flight simulator games and especially IL-2 Sturmovick a lot back in the day. I loved these games and actually still sometimes play IL-2. I'm a plane geek and go to the airport a lot to take photo's.

I hope I get a steam key.

Steam ID: Rocky7up
:yummy:
3.00AM UTC now so submissions are closed, winner will be announced this Sunday when I wake up. :drummer:
Quote from Noccy :3.00AM UTC now so submissions are closed, winner will be announced this Sunday when I wake up. :drummer:

Exciting, can't wait! hoping, praying, believing.
So I put the entries that qualified into http://www.random.org/
and the winner is.... Rockclan.
(Oh god, can't believe I'm giving a game to a klompen wearing, stingy dutchie )

Rockclan, please check your PM's.
Sorry to those who didn't win, but there was only 1 key to be handed out.
:scared: Oh noez I did not win anything. Again. congratz rockclan
Quote from Noccy :(Oh god, can't believe I'm giving a game to a klompen wearing, stingy dutchie )

They don't wear klompen over there. He is close to Belgium.

Noccy pls
-
(Noccy) DELETED by Noccy
Quote from Noccy :So I put the entries that qualified into http://www.random.org/
and the winner is.... Rockclan.
(Oh god, can't believe I'm giving a game to a klompen wearing, stingy dutchie )

Rockclan, please check your PM's.
Sorry to those who didn't win, but there was only 1 key to be handed out.

YES BOYS YES .... WOOOOOH!!!

Oh Em Gee!

Thanks so much, will add you to steam right away.
Noccy was kind enough and wrote me a PM to give away one more key, really nice from him.

I can now say I won, too! Thanks.
Quote from Mysho :Noccy was kind enough and wrote me a PM to give away one more key, really nice from him.

I can now say I won, too! Thanks.

Well the same compo was running at an IL-2 community where I flew since 2007...but that one had 0 replies in a weeks time.
So uhm I figured you'd be happier with it than them. Deleted the thread and passed the key to you.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG