The online racing simulator
rubber being put down on the track
does this effect grip at all at the moment? or is it purely cosmetic?
Cosmetic. (At least, I think that. )
Yes, cosmetic only.
Further to the title, who thinks the "lay down conditions" could be tweaked a bit?

To me it appears that it's still a little "binary" in terms of whether or not rubber is laid. Once the model decides rubber on the road is necessary, the variance of darkness with friction is excellent and makes perfect sense. Maybe all it's lacking is some more degrees of "lightness" than is currently possible?

Spinning tires do not always instantly create a patch....

Ideas?
I thought he was speaking of the racing line, not the rubber marks?
Hmm
Either way title still fits, and they both could affect grip but they're both cosmetic at the moment
Quote from gishuk :does this effect grip at all at the moment? or is it purely cosmetic?

no, just cosmetic, wrote some time ago about this too (dirt on tracks)
Doesn't infect driving.
ok i thought so but wasnt sure, cheers guys

hopefully one day it will affect grip, that would be sweet
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Further to the title, who thinks the "lay down conditions" could be tweaked a bit?

To me it appears that it's still a little "binary" in terms of whether or not rubber is laid. Once the model decides rubber on the road is necessary, the variance of darkness with friction is excellent and makes perfect sense. Maybe all it's lacking is some more degrees of "lightness" than is currently possible?

Spinning tires do not always instantly create a patch....

Ideas?

my tyres dont leave a mark on the ground when i wheel spin..
That's my point, perhaps I wasn't clear. IRL (which I assume is what YOU mean also), tires do not always leave a patch, but in LFS the transition is too abrubt....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG