The online racing simulator
Photos of vintage Spa and similar tracks
I'm looking for images of historic circuits in the vein of Spa, Nurburgring, the original Watkins Glen Street Circuit, Clermont-Ferrand and the Solituderennen. Can anyone think of any other similar circuits? I'm looking for long, fast public road circuits (I'm aware Nurburgring isn't normal public roads, but you get the idea) from the mid 60s. I'm drawing a blank on similar circuits, but I know there are plenty more.

Images of road race motorcycle circuits are good, too, from that era; like the Isle of Man TT course and similar courses.

Anything you guys can provide (or even circuits you can name!) would be fantastic!

#3 - amp88
Schlegelmilch Photography is probably one of the best sources for the kind of images you're looking for. There are thousands of F1/Sportscar/CanAm etc shots available. The publicly viewable images are typically quite low-res, but they should provide you with some inspiration anyway. Here is the entry point. Have a look through some of the years.

Here is a list of 'street' circuits, though it doesn't appear as though you can filter by year.

Another thing you can do is to Google image search for things like "Watkins Glen 1966" and check out the sites for particular photos. You'll sometimes find a Flickr set or a Blogspot page that has many similar images.
Quote from TypeRacing :Images

Thanks mate, there's a couple in there I haven't come across before.

Quote from amp88 :Schlegelmilch Photography is probably one of the best sources for the kind of images you're looking for. There are thousands of F1/Sportscar/CanAm etc shots available. The publicly viewable images are typically quite low-res, but they should provide you with some inspiration anyway. Here is the entry point. Have a look through some of the years.

Here is a list of 'street' circuits, though it doesn't appear as though you can filter by year.

Another thing you can do is to Google image search for things like "Watkins Glen 1966" and check out the sites for particular photos. You'll sometimes find a Flickr set or a Blogspot page that has many similar images.

I've probably got half of the public images from the 60s saved on my HDD in my inspiration folder LOL I love that site. I'd still like to order a print of Clark on the grid at Zandvoort for my father (Clark was his childhood hero) when funds allow me to...

Can anyone think of any other circuits for me to look up? I'm having trouble finding good pictures of Clermont-Ferrand, but I also can't think of any other similar circuits to look up; that's really my biggest hurdle at the moment.

Thanks for the help
Since you already seem to have a pretty extensive catalog of images I won't bother tracking down more but here are some names of street circuits that aren't on your list:

Le Mans
Montjuic
Reims
Rouen-Les-Essarts
Mille Miglia
Thanks, mate

I've got a bunch of images from Rouen and LeMans (a little different than what I'm looking for, but still some nice corners on the old circuit). I have a little bit from the Mille Miglia but I should try to dig up some more pics from there, great suggestion

Montjuic is more urban than what I'm looking for (though still some nice spots there, too!) and I've never been a fan of Reims; all out in the middle of nowhere with no nice scenery.

I'm sure there's a whole bunch more but they're just not popping up in my head. Maybe I should look for more Bremgarten, too...
The old Fuji layout is really breathtaking and almost eerily amazing. The old Hockenheim track before it was ripped up was pretty eerie too. Marlboro Raceway in Maryland is pretty cool to serving as a time capsule of the 60's.
I never thought to look at Fuji (mostly because I hate every variant of I've seen with every fibre of my being), but I'll see what I can find for the old circuit! Hockenheim should have some nice stuff deep in the forest, too, and I'll look up Marlboro Raceway; never seen it. Thanks!
Eau Rouge before it was like today

This site is a true gold mine.

OK, it treats of pre-WWII racing only. And there aren't a lot of pictures. But you will find plenty of public road circuits names on it.
Quote from deggis :Here's a book that might interest you:

http://books.google.com/books/ ... rome.html?id=mN9YPDrMiAUC

^ I think that cover photo is from Reims, and what is amazing that they have left the old pits there:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cpakmoi/2536546375/

I came across this one a few months ago, and I would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on it, but it's prohibitively expensive (IIRC copies are going for around $350USD) so I can't get it. Yet. It is in the plan, though.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :This site is a true gold mine.

OK, it treats of pre-WWII racing only. And there aren't a lot of pictures. But you will find plenty of public road circuits names on it.

Thanks for the link! I'll have to check it out when my boss leaves the office....
Type Racing, awesome pics! So nice to see such great quality shots too.
Thanks guys, some nice shots in there!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG