The online racing simulator
^* Symbols
(10 posts, started )
#1 - dab78
^* Symbols
Is there a list of all the ^* symbols? That shows either what the do or what character they represent?

Thanks
You dont need the ^ symbol at all. Just press CTRL when typing name or number plate text.
#4 - joen
I don't think he means the colors, but actual symbols, or characters.
Like for example the ones used here in a server name

dab78: you could use the character map tool in windows (programs->accessories->system tools)
Attached images
sl.jpg
..wherever you can find a book of symbols that shows all the symbols around the world should have it
Just search google for ASCII codes. This website has a few (second site I found on google): http://www.hektra.nl/info/asci.html

If you don't know how to use it: just hold down ALT, type in the number, release ALT.
#7 - dab78
Thank you and sorry to you all. I shouldv'e given you some background on what I was doing. But I was in an extreme rush, and I was late enough as it was! lol

I'm currently making a php script. This script is a module, to add our LFS server status into the "who is online" box for a phpbb2 forum.

I have nearly finished apart from one thing. Changing LFS ^* symbols into there html equivalents.

for example: my LFS name is: ORT>>DAB78, but when I read the hostxxxx.txt file the name is in a unformatted LFS style: ^6ORT^r^r^7DAB78.

So I know ^6 is cyan text colour, ^r is '>' and ^7 is white text colour. I was wondering if there is a list, telling me what the rest of all the ^* symbols are.

Thanks again fro tyring to help, and sorry for being very vague.
#8 - filur

<?php 
$rep 
= array( 

"^v" => "|"

"^a" => "*"

"^c" => ":"

"^d" => "\\"

"^s" => "/"

"^q" => "?"

"^t" => "\""

"^l" => "<"

"^r" => ">" 
); 
return 
strtr($str$rep);
?>

You could try typing those characters in as your player name in LFS and then close LFS and go read the cfg.txt file. There you would see your name with all that LFS formatting:

Ply Name ^4(^d^s) ^7Tweak -

That's what mine looks like, and ends up looking like

(\/) Tweak -

Would take some time, but it gives you some answers Because I haven't seen a list of the codes, so this is all I know. :up:

EDIT: there you go

:iagree:
Thank you filur that's what I wanted. You've even gone to the trouble of showing it in php code too! Gold Star Awarded!

I've just now finished the module and it works fine. Although I found that the colours used with LFS make the names hard to read on our website. So after all that effort in trying to trap the colours in php, I've just got the player names coming out in black.

I'll player with the colours later to make them easier to read.

Thanks again for all your help!

^* Symbols
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG