The online racing simulator
Do we need a patch for Klingon translation?
Quote from Matrixi :Not everyone who is disappointed feels that way. Some of us only want to see LFS to keep growing and finally achieve the full potential of the amazing engine it has. There are two ways for an unfinished game (which LFS clearly is) to stay interesting, either continuos updates from the developers, OR full modding support so the community can keep themself occupied while the developers do their thing. All we need are the tools to do that. Leave the game engine development (physics, weather, graphics etc) for the developers, and let the community take care of the optional downloadable user created content (cars, tracks).

I do agree with you that LFS has been the best damn money I've ever spent on any software, sadly that isn't the problem here.

I totaly agree with you , If it wasnt for the mods and tweaks LFS would die long time ago at least for me... With the new Tweaks that were released from a special dude who know his way around lfs tweaks i would kinda quit lfs and waited for that update. instead i can do various things (do a Branded engine setup, change the size and way of tyres etc) to keep me entertained in lfs.If im not mistaken i think everything can be modded except the tracks and shape of the car (actual aero shape not just looks) .. Tyres have been modded aswell to other specs.
Personal opinion i would be happy for just some more Real tracks.

Being in the Real life racing and owning a race car i can gurantee that LFS even if it stays stationary it is actualy spot on. LFS actualy tought me how to drive , i my self dont even believe that i can drive they way i do JUST from lfs, and if they actualy wanted more money BEFORE the update i would happily give them to them.

As for Werd's statement i agree on that too, Just some statement from the developers and then let it be discussed from others.. no need for more answers to question that will be deffinetly be asked (beacuse some men are too greedy) i could ask questions and requests to the devs till i die but i wont cause im way to happy with tis astonish simulator... Although they dont even care what we say. So just some words every 1-2 months would be great and lock the thread. no need for others to join the thread and start the usual..

Cheers
Keen drifting/racing FUN
I'm reading some interesting posts and I think we forget the point of view from the developers.

We need to understand them. This is his personal project, it is a free time job and there aren't objectives as in almost all entertainment enterprises. This is an indie game.

They have his personal reason to close his game to introducing mods, cars, tracks. It is obvious it's his project and they decide they want to do with it.

Does not sense to discuss about the potential of the LFS. We know since long time.

Cheers.
I just wish these were screenshots.

I didn't add those, because i don't really want raytraced reflections in lfs. Cube maps would be just fine.
Just improving the illumination changes the game.
Graphics and content are the least of our worries.

Tire physics are very important and should delay a game for 10 years easily.

This post was totally sarcastic.
After 3 years of nothingness i would say its all over. R.I.P lfs. :tit:

Time to move on. Plenty of other sims out there.
#738 - col
Quote from DeKo :Yet again, you're full of shit.

More personal attacks?
Can't you disagree with someone without being abusive?.
Quote :
Let me ask you for your personal opinion, do you really think it's so out of order for the dev to take 5 minutes and write something?

No I don't think it would be out of order, and I never have. You attempted to falsely assign that point of view to me in your post (#51) - that's your 'straw man' right there.
Quote :
You contradict yourself in every post..... do you not want an update from the devs, or S3, or any updates at all?

That's pathetic - go and find any posts of mine where I say I don't want updates, or S3 and post links here. Otherwise, stop making false claims.
Quote :
Why are you arguing,

I'm arguing because I DO want S3, updates and progress reports.
It's the people who make endless demands and constantly criticise the devs that caused the progress reports to dry up.
I also think that all the negativity towards Scawen and his development approach can only reduce his motivation, making S3 take longer.
...mind you, If you actually read my posts instead of making false claims about them, you would know that already right? so you probably didn't read this far...
Quote from col :
I also think that all the negativity towards Scawen and his development approach can only reduce his motivation, making S3 take longer.

Even longer? Well thats something not to be expected is it?

Who cares about Scawen anyway, Eric isn't producing anything either. Something more important; tracks. How hard can that exactly be?

It's not the motivation of this three which is at stake but the motivation of the community which should be a concern. Progress report isn't of any use too.. You cannot come up with the same story every year. I never seen a worse example of non communication before by the way. It's almost art.

Hopefully it goes better in their personal relations
It's astonishing how you are still not banned by a raging Eric while some people did over a picture.

But you are right though. The motivation of the community is what matters, and it's dropping fast.
I don't know about that picture thing. I don't click on off topic titles. I just give my opinion and I try to do it structured. It's not that I'm trying to bash, but if you say to a community 'shut up, let me live my own life do that with yours too'.. Three years ago... Thats fine... But dare to say that now too. Then we all know we can start to leave this 40 year 'project' alone.
Scawen and Eric wont post anything here. And discussing about their motivation is sensless untill they give us a feedback on their views of development, motivations and future Plans with LFS.

Leave LFS and play something else. It could be interesting what they will do or post when no one play or care anymore about LFS.
Quote from anttt69 :After 3 years of nothingness i would say its all over. R.I.P lfs. :tit:

:wave2:
#744 - col
Quote from cargame.nl :It's not the motivation of this three which is at stake but the motivation of the community which should be a concern.

Devs have always said they make LFS because they want to.
In terms of whether we get a new LFS update and how long it takes, I reckon that the devs motivation is much more important than the communities motivation.
Quote :
Progress report isn't of any use too.. You cannot come up with the same story every year. I never seen a worse example of non communication before by the way. It's almost art.

Agreed, a progress report is useless if there's no progress to report.
But if that's your view, then it's contradictory of you to then complain about non-communication. If there's nothing to report, how can they 'communicate' without releasing the same report multiple times ?
It seems like they're damned if they do and damned if they don't - now there's a motivation killer if every I've seen one.
Quote from anttt69 :

:monkey: Have fun with that, you'd probably come back to LFS cause its the best..
Quote from Bose321 :It's astonishing how you are still not banned by a raging Eric while some people did over a picture.

But you are right though. The motivation of the community is what matters, and it's dropping fast.

The trolls aren't even motivated to troll back.
I just wanted to let you guys know that i think the progress is laughable too, everyone else took a shot why not me. Cheers
The funny thing is that once new content is released everyone will continue to complain, just like they did when open configs were released.
Quote from Bmxtwins :just like they did when open configs were released.

they did? The only people I remember complaining were those alien fast drivers that didn't like all those unrealistic new corner combinations (=those they were not alien fast at yet). Else the community created a dozen of new configs in no time, other did Airio paths for them, everyone agreed on an "official" namecode and so on.

Those people creating content and addons for free, evolutionazing LFS (I'm watching you Lynce) get far too little acknowledgement from the Dev side.
Open layout mode isn't that bad but the most workable combinations can be made with AS and a bit with FE. WE and SO have no options at all and well BL I don't need to explain either.

So some new Aston corners and some Fern Bay joy. Thats about it.

It's just not enough. And if you compare it with other sims, what has LFS got to offer track wise?

Exactly.

Quote from Bmxtwins :The funny thing is that once new content is released everyone will continue to complain,

5 new track environments would keep everybody happy for a while. I'm sure.

Together with night racing (not hard to create is it? Just turn of the lights). And some server management improvements.

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG