The online racing simulator
Wasn't there an incident in Australia with maldonado and grosejean, where Mal pushed Gro almost off track in the first few laps... It's realively normal/agressive racing.

Here, Maldonado is going for the crash, hence, he deserves a penalty.
The only time it would have been understandable Pastor hitting Lewis, is if that off track area was grass and he locked up. Other than that, you must be clearly retarded (yes, I'm insulting if you want to call it that) to think that its not ones fault for being off road and going on road and hitting someone, PUSHED OFF OR NOT.

If your pushed off, you need to surrender rather than overtake from the side of the road. The fact that Pastor was on tarmac and being off track was only a benefit for him in arguments sake, but because he had the grip and control to back off (being on tarmac), it makes him look even more like a fool.

Being in front a corner before means absolute horse shit! If your pushed off, back off and try again, happens again, that person will be penalized.

And this comes from a man who dislikes Lewis!
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Martin Whitmarsh's view. I think Blueflame should send him a letter telling him he's wrong aswell.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/1 ... d_to_change_approach.html

He has a point though. In NASCAR articles I often read how drivers make differences when bumping or driving more aggressive depending on the driver ahead of them. This pointing to a clear distinction in their responce on who they are racing.

The same should be done in F1 and it should be done more than before as the times and field is pretty close ànd very differentiated (lots of champions, lots of rookies with bar to none testing done, ...).

I find this extensive name calling and blame game stupid and not fitting for F1. If it wants to showcase the "best racers in the world" in the "most advanced single seaters in the world", then get on with it and simply accept racing incidents and start differentiating in who you're racing instead of expecting everyone to race and behave the 'exact' same way.

Well, if they all back out, they will never learn and keep doing it. Hopefully, Maldonado learned his lesson.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Martin Whitmarsh's view. I think Blueflame should send him a letter telling him he's wrong aswell.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/1 ... d_to_change_approach.html

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It's a race. There's no point going to the grid if you're not prepared to battle for position. It's not like Maldonado and Hamilton were on two different strategies so giving up the position wasn't going to cement him 4th or 5th.

Plus he says everything that I agree with but F1 shouldn't be where you have to avoid one car on track because he wrecks people so he just gets let through.
meh. Ban the crasher for 999 days, caution Lewis about leaving enough room, and forget all that bs about tires, champ points and "Pastor is special so leave him extra room". Either Lewis was within his rights or not and FIA said he was so he was. Pastor never had a prayer of making that corner so ban the crasher.

I'm not saying that Lewis wasn't an idiot to ruin his race, just that it's irrelevant to the ruling.
I recorded the race.

The more I go into detail with that Maldonado vs Hamilton incident, the more I am leaning towards a, it was just a pure racing incident. Both drivers trying their best, fighting for positions.
Pastor actually lifts off the throttle in plenty of time and starts steering left, to make a "super" tight corner, which would have sticked I am sure, had his car not bottomed out on the curb, (inexperience?, or just in the heat of the battle, not anticipated. In that brief moment (which in terms of handling/grip is the an eternity of understeer) it is very clear to see, that the car does not behave accordingly to his intentions. Resulting in the following contact with Hamilton. I do not believe it was intentional at all. His line would have been really close to that yellow speedbump on the inside, at least that is what he is aiming for. Blame the curb, blame Pastor, blame Lewis, I blame pure bad luck, in a situation where 2 drivers are fighting for 3rd place.

Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe 2012
(185 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG