The online racing simulator
2 Ideas to stop online races from being wrecked
1) how about closing the pit lane to new entries until the current race is over. if someone drove into the pit lane from the race they could rejoin the track but a person who left the race to the pits with the click of a button or a new user who just joined the track would have to wait for a new session.

i bring this one up because today on lap 8 of 10 after battling corner after corner with someone for second place and having a WICKEDLY FUN TIME, as we both came down the main straight (south city classic) i saw two cars leave the pit and nail us in turn one. it was such a let down after such close and clean racing.

2) how about when someone opens a server they could post a minimum lap time required to enter the track. LFS could check with your personal online bests and if you hadn't achived a good enough time then you couldn't join that server.

i know this could lead to some elitist servers unfortunately but it would get rid of noobs that intentionally or unintentionally end up destroying good races.

speedfreak227
As for Point #1 there is an option to disallow mid-race joining (ie. switching from spectator to on-track mode) but not many servers do that. Don't know why not but oh well.
Quote from speedfreak227 :
2) how about when someone opens a server they could post a minimum lap time required to enter the track. LFS could check with your personal online bests and if you hadn't achived a good enough time then you couldn't join that server.

How fast you are does not have anything to do about how clean you race!

illepall
the 4th thread active in the last 2 days regarding the same problem

judging by the number of threads, the number of posts and the way most complaints are written, 60-70% of the licensed S2 drivers seem to be wreckers...

i wonder if i have a different LfS installed on my system, since i come across a wrecker once in a while and they are really stupid, but i wouldn't even start seeing them as a problem because the number of clean racers/clean servers is much higher than the ones who are wreckers or where wreckers ruin the races...

and if you want to get rid of nwebies - go join a league and race on private servers. there won't be many on league-training servers or private servers, where only experienced racers have the password...

new drivers should be treated with the same respect as experienced ones and if you see 2 guys coming out of the pits in SO1 why did you crash into them in T1? T1 is a place where you shouldn't attempt to overtake, because it doesn't leave a blue flagged driver much space to make room for you - and just because they were a lap or more down, the faster drivers are still responsible to overtake WHEN POSSIBLE and not when there's absolutely no room for any overtaking

by the way - the serverside filter won't stop any wreckers, but i'm also in favour of that, because it allows hosts do create pretty equal fields of drivers without making the server a private one - and equal fields of drivers are more fun for all in the race. a few others and myself suggested that in one of the other 3 threads regarding this topic..
I race on licensed LFS2 servers daily, and have yet to see a race ruined on purpose by a "wrecker", accidents, yes as this is racing and accidents happen, but deliberate wrecking no, maybe its down to server choice, I dont know, but there is option on servers to not allow mid-race join, and as someone else said a fast driver is not neccasarily a clean racer.

Maybe to many people are taking genuine racing incidents for wrecker?.

Dan.
Quote from RacingSimFan :As for Point #1 there is an option to disallow mid-race joining (ie. switching from spectator to on-track mode) but not many servers do that. Don't know why not but oh well.

This option only prevents new players joining the race. However it can't prevent someone, who's already in the race, to jump into pits (Shift+S) and join the race with a new car. Many people who can't drive a single lap without crashing do this. It's also frequently misused by T1 n00bs as a quick way to fix their wrecked car.

IMHO both options speedfreak mentioned are good and should be implemented in future versions.

edit> AFAIK this thread is not about wreckers. It's about people who often ruin races because of their negligent behaviour.
Yus, the amount of passing and squeezing through and pushing off before T1 isn't funny anymore. They fight as if their life depends on that one race. Personally I sometimes use the shift-s trick to get off the starting grid (when I'm put at the front of the grid but I just want to start from the back of the grid, it's more relaxed there), and lo and behold, in T1 I pass about 5 people who crashed...
#8 - vyruz
Quote from AndroidXP :Yus, the amount of passing and squeezing through and pushing off before T1 isn't funny anymore. They fight as if their life depends on that one race. Personally I sometimes use the shift-s trick to get off the starting grid (when I'm put at the front of the grid but I just want to start from the back of the grid, it's more relaxed there), and lo and behold, in T1 I pass about 5 people who crashed...

yeah... starting last in the grid is the best place for me, as many of racers tend to be crashed for not paying attention to their front cars... whenever they crashed, i'll just need to avoid and pass them... its more relax for me...
you know.... I see way more posts and threads about wrecking than I do actual wrecking. You'd think all the servers were demolition derbies going by all this.

I figure in about two months, the wrecking will pretty much vanish.
It bothers me too when somebody comes out of the pits mid-race and smack into traffic.. You'd figure that they'd have enough sense to go when there's a gap or better yet after the last guy goes by, but I dunno. They should
keep that sort of driving in the real world where it belongs.
Quote from DasKlee :

i wonder if i have a different LfS installed on my system, since i come across a wrecker once in a while and they are really stupid, but i wouldn't even start seeing them as a problem because the number of clean racers/clean servers is much higher than the ones who are wreckers or where wreckers ruin the races...

agreee i find that most servers are clean and i rarely come across a wrecker... most of the time accidents are caused when people just clip each other or brake late on cold tires into turn one.. maybe people all calling these people wreckers.... to me a wrecker is one that parks his car in chicane or drivers wrong way around the track being totaly stupid..

aston national is a good example exp with people who drive fz50 i drive the fxr gtr and i always get a really good start but because of the sheer speed of the fz50 by turn one they are closing rapidly and on cold tires.. i often find that its the impatience of the racers which causes accidents, they may be fast and clean racers but beacause they are in faster cars they ususally are the ones that end up causing the accidents due to their car being faster than the xrr and fxr and their impatience to get to the first corner first..... so many times i have been punted off by a fz50 by turn one.. seems like to me people dont know how to lift off instead they try and go through you...

mad
ya i dont think there will be a resolution to this problem in teh near distant future. Just joining private servers is about the best options.

For people who have never been introduced to this wrecking driving tactic...ure lucky.Its only happenend to me once,just the other night actually.Been racing for about a month now and i was also sayin there only the occassional few that bump on T1 and the like but then i did get the headon trapping u in pits situation.It does happen and its pathetic!
Well theres my .5c :-)
what id like to see in lfs is a feature that would log the number of times a user has been kicked and banned and show this information on connecting to a server so that people on the server can see if someone with 50 kicks and 2 bans is probably a trouble maker and then could vote him out of the server....

mad!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG