The online racing simulator
Giving up on DFGT =[
(19 posts, started )
Giving up on DFGT =[
Hi folks! I have been playing LFS for quite some time now struggling on with a keyboard and mouse. I just recently brought a second hand DFGT in mint condition original box and plastic. Not a mark on it. It works flawlessly on my ps2 on gt4. The FFB is strong as hell and it calibrates properly with no pauses. When i first plugged it in and tried to use it on LFS it worked perfectly. I have the logitech profiler and had it set up to be 900 degrees lock to lock with FFB off. I decided that because my LFS folder was so full of crap I would just delete it and do a fresh install. This was fine and i deleted the LFS profile on the profiler incase it didn't recognize the new install. Made a fresh LFS install and a fresh LFS profile. Up until this point everything was fine....

now when i plug the DFGT into my pc it starts to spin and calibarate but it stops for a second on the right hand spin and then carrys on and finishes. I have tried every different setting that i can imagine to set this up properly but nothing i try seems to work. I have spent 3 solid days trying to get this to work now and im at my wits end. I cant find any CLEAR instructions on google and the logitech forums are no good. Basically no matter what i do i cant get the wheels in game to match up what my physical wheel is doing. turning my wheel maybe 90 degrees or less is giving me full lock in game. Its making it near impossible to drift as my counter steer inputs are far to sharp and its causing horrendous snap back oversteer!!

Also when FFB is set to be on now when i don't hold the wheel and drive in a straight line the wheel just violently goes lock to lock :S i don't get whats going on at all. its stressing me out alot!! The few minutes when it did work properly were driving heaven!! All I want it to do is turn either 720 degrees lock to lock or 900. Not fussed which aslong as the virtual wheel follows the real wheel when its turning lock to lock. Not fussed about FFB but it would be nice if it didn't wobble like it does. Hopefully its just some REALLY obvious mistake im making and the wheel is fine. I am fairly sure its not broken as it works perfect for ps2? :S I will attach pictures of everything I think is relevant. My profiler and the device options and global options, my in race options/controller page and my in pits car setup/steering page. If anyone spots something Ive set up wrong please let me know! desperate to get this working properly. Also what is the procedure for recalibrating the steering axes?

Sorry for my first post asking so many questions, I normally wouldn't but i honestly have tried everything i can think of and searched for hours on Google but I haven't found anything to make it work properly! =[
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
#2 - CSU1
^^ try set profiler to 720?

spring/damper effect have no use in LFS IIRC...

Maybe try control panel/ wheels and controllers and recalibrate through there.

Also after recalibrate through CP go to LFS and hit 'recalibrate', center the wheel manually and then 'lock' all you axis...

also options/misc/analogue steer smooth setting is what?

hope this helps some

E;

Quote from LFS Wiki :Correctly setting up a Logitech Wheel

Screenshot of a properly configured Logitech G25 wheel, using specific game profile made for LFS. (If you have Logitech MOMO, nevermind the "degrees of rotation" setting).
Open up your Logitech Profiler and then the FFB (Force Feedback) settings window: either "Options" - "Global Device Settings" or if you are using game profiles "Edit" - "Specific Game Settings". Suggested settings are these (also shown in the screenshot):
Overall Effects Strength - Set to 101-105% (101% is good value). Due to problems inside the Logitech Profiler the FFB only starts to act linearly when set over 100%. You can always fine tune the level of FFB in LFS's Options > Controls or you can adjust it "on the fly" while driving with the FFB (Force Feedback) shortcut keys.
Spring Effect Strength - Set to 0%. It is Logitech driver based effect and practically LFS does not need this (confirmed by the game developer).
Damper Effect Strength - Set to 0%. It is Logitech driver based effect and practically LFS does not need this (confirmed by the game developer).
Enable Centering Spring / Centering Spring Strength - Uncheck the box (disable it) and set it to 0%.
Report Combined Pedals - Uncheck this option. Enabling this only gives you one pedal axis, meaning you can't use brake and throttle pedals properly. So disable it.
Degrees of Rotation - If your wheel provides this option, set it to the particular car's lock-to-lock angle (LFS lets you see this value in the car setup screen, under "Steering").
These settings should work on all Logitech wheels. The settings in the Logitech Profiler might slightly differ from these instructions depending on your wheel model.

Do you have wheel turn compensation on 0 in LFS?
#4 - CSU1
Yeah it was a hint!
#6 - CSU1
Quote from Framaris :Yeah it was a hint!

OH SNAP! !

didn't spot it LoL (wheel is in a box & using mousey)
I think to post my settings for 720 degrees using, works fine.
But i'm not sure that will it work at your PC

Sorry for finnish language, but they options are same as yours language.

Attached images
InGame.png
MyProfiler.png
Profiler 2.png
InGame2.png
Thanks for the speedy reply guys. First thing i did was go cp/game controllers and the dfgt came up. clicked property's on that and set it to 720 degrees turning. went in game and analogue steer smooth is set at 0. I turned wheel turn compensation to 0 aswell and still no effect. It only takes like 90 degrees to turn to full lock =[ Also i cant manage to recalibrate my wheels. I click recalibrate and center my actual wheel then click lock and that does nothing. And i wasn't sure whether you meant make the red marker go to the center then click lock so i tried that too and it didn't work either. Ive thrown them even further out of whack. Sorry for being such a noob with this but everyone's gotta start somewhere =] Also when FFB is on its light to turn until the FFB kicks in. But with it off its really stiff all the time. As though FFB wants to keep the wheel in center position? It is like this when out of game too. Is this normal? As i would of thought with FFB off the wheel would of just been super light. Im really losing hope with this now to be honest. I wish i just brought a g27!! I have seen plenty of videos of people running DFGT on lfs properly though so i know it can be done! Any more ideas fellas?
Update: Managed to recalibrate the wheel now. And the analogue steer smooth has made a difference as in it turns properly. It would be great if i had 720 degrees rotation on my wheel but because i only need to move my wheel slightly to get full lock its made it impossible to steer haha the tiniest inputs just make the car go to full lock instantly and the car carrys on straight under-steering. So my only remaining issue is to make turning my wheel do the same to the virtual wheels. I want turning my wheel through 720 degrees to move my wheels from lock to lock. I cant even see whats causing it not to do this right now? Soo confused and stressed! =[
Madcats knows the mystic voodoo that goes on to set the turn angle on these but IMHO you have something messed up with the drivers. At a guess its being claimed by the built in windows driver as it will work as a generic wheel without any special driver but needs special commands from logitech's driver to enable the extra functions like 720 deg rotation.
Does this help?
  1. Set the wheel's range to whatever value you want in the Logitech control panel
  2. Set "Wheel turn compensation" in "Options - Controls" in LFS to zero
  3. Click "recalibrate axes" and turn your wheel fully from lock to lock
  4. Make sure the calibration lock is set to "unlocked"
  5. Set "remove deadzones" to "yes"
I've had this wobbling too on straights with my G25.

I just uninstalled LFS completely. And also all Wheel drivers. Redownloaded the latest and reinstalled everything. Then it worked.

For the sharp input. Did you turn your wheel completely to the left and right on track? Sometimes the LFS Axis' maximum isn't calibrated and any degree of steering will be seen as maximum until a new maximum is reached.
Quote from MadCatX :Does this help?
  1. Set the wheel's range to whatever value you want in the Logitech control panel
  2. Set "Wheel turn compensation" in "Options - Controls" in LFS to zero
  3. Click "recalibrate axes" and turn your wheel fully from lock to lock
  4. Make sure the calibration lock is set to "unlocked"
  5. Set "remove deadzones" to "yes"

That did help alot dude. Figured out the wheel recalibration now! was really easy when you know how, They should put some clear instructions in game tbh! And i tried all your other steps but still no luck =[ just needs a few degrees of wheel turn to turn lock to lock. I have up to date drivers from logitech aswell i tipple checked. I really cant understand why it wont turn 720 degrees when its set to that in my LFS profile, the global settings AND in game lfs settings. But What i have done for now is I got a steering lock tweak and set it to max which has given me 2 turns from lock to lock. But now at full lock the car wont even move forwards as the wheel fouls the arch. i want to be able to set my steering lock at max which i think is 36 degrees in the xrt? and my wheel turns to 720 and it just work haha. Im pulling my hair out trying to think of every single setting or thing that might be stopping it working. Cant think of anything though =[ I don't think its a broken wheel as it works flawlessly with my ps2? :S
Try deleting the profiler and then check the rotation (using windows) before reinstalling.
Quote from Anthoop :Try deleting the profiler and then check the rotation (using windows) before reinstalling.

Tried that after just deleting the LFS profile i had made within the profiler didn't work. I made sure i got the 32bit xp profiler aswell so its for the right os. I have given up on it for now and making the best of it with this steering lock tweak solution i have. I get some harsh snap-back oversteer but its kinda controllable with alot of practice. The inputs are just still to sharp =[ I want 36 degrees of steering lock with 720 rotations not 70 degrees steering lock with ALMOST 720 degrees rotation haha :P
Update: Wheel is fully functioning now. Didnt change any settings, Just turned my pc on one day and it was working 100% :S I guess its just one of those things. Occasionally it messes up and i have to turn the wheel lock to lock to get it to work but overall im happy with how its working. Now i just have to figure out how all these people are doing perfect drifts lolz... I just keep getting horrendous snap back and i see people online who dont even get a hint of it :P Im sure it will come with practice though! =]
Snapback and wobbles
I have both of these issues and I agree it is extremely frustrating. I'm talking to logitech right now about getting a refund under warranty and I will get a joystick. My controller drifting is fun but this wheel is just annoying. Its a great idea in theory though.
#18 - CSU1
...lower the degrees of rotation, it's how professionals drive.
Quote from CSU1 :...lower the degrees of rotation, it's how professionals drive.

Giving up on DFGT =[
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG