The online racing simulator
Oh nice!
Any ETA on 0.39 version?
Quote from Bose321 :Depends on which version you're on. There was a version where you could crash into others and even lift people.

With the arrival of 0.39, which is currently tested, it should run really fast on modern PC's with more than 2 cores.

well, on this latets version it dont work on hte public servers anyway.

maybe if u create an own server u can choose it as an option.
Quote from The Very End :Oh nice!
Any ETA on 0.39 version?

Coming soon®

Nah I believe the utilizing of quad-core CPU's is one of the biggest problems right now before they can release it. They're at 0.39.5 right now on the developer version so it's still in an early phase. They're almost at 40% fixing/adding the current bugs/features for 0.39.
Quote from Mr_Lonely :well, on this latets version it dont work on hte public servers anyway.

maybe if u create an own server u can choose it as an option.

Nah, they removed the feature because it caused quite some problems. I believe version 0.36 has it.
How you know all this btw? Inside info or public knowlege?
And no mention of 1nsane from you guys.
And multiplayer is still alive.

From a forum post:
1nsane was AWESOME. NO GAME TO DATE BEATS THE DAMAGE MODELS IT HAD!
Total destruction, the only game coming a bit close is Burnout Paradise and Rigs of Rods, nothing else.

From Wikipedia:
Recent development has allowed for static meshes to be deformed according to a skeleton of nodes, much like the system in the game 1nsane (2000). This system is known as Flexbody, and has been included since version .36.

1nsane
System requirements

Windows

Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
233 MHz PII CPU
64 MB RAM
100 MB hard disk space
DirectX 7.0c compatible 8 MB card
DirectX compatible 16bit sound card
Quote from The Very End :How you know all this btw? Inside info or public knowlege?

A bit of both.
Quote from CheerioDM :And no mention of 1nsane from you guys.
And multiplayer is still alive.

From a forum post:
1nsane was AWESOME. NO GAME TO DATE BEATS THE DAMAGE MODELS IT HAD!
Total destruction, the only game coming a bit close is Burnout Paradise and Rigs of Rods, nothing else.

From Wikipedia:
Recent development has allowed for static meshes to be deformed according to a skeleton of nodes, much like the system in the game 1nsane (2000). This system is known as Flexbody, and has been included since version .36.

1nsane
System requirements

Windows

Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
233 MHz PII CPU
64 MB RAM
100 MB hard disk space
DirectX 7.0c compatible 8 MB card
DirectX compatible 16bit sound card

1nsane for its time was...well, insane. But the current damage model/flexbody of Rigs of Rods is way more detailed and complex. One well-known modder of 1nsane (fat alfie) is currently in the Rigs of Rods modding 'scene' and he also chose for Rigs of rods.
Bullshit!
I can confirm that the next public RoR release will improve Quad-core support. I should have applied to be a Beta tester though, but I check the forums often.

I might even benefit from a 30% increase, since I have a triple-core atm, who knows.
I also could try to pitch in to make a better animation for the character too (I have a Kinect and few other webcams laying around.)
Are you quoting the developer, or are you the developer?
The post of yours made it sound like you were doing the project

Edit: Ah read the part about forum, so I guess you just know a lot of the project
I tried Rigs of Rods, after walking around admiring the fantastic fluid motion I finally found a truck I could drive, I then realized I didn't even need to walk upto it, when I finally got in to drive it, I was informed that it had no differential, I pushed escape to return to the menu and the game closed.

At which point I did not open it again.
Quote from The Very End :Are you quoting the developer, or are you the developer?
The post of yours made it sound like you were doing the project

Edit: Ah read the part about forum, so I guess you just know a lot of the project

I've been following it since the start, it's come a long way, even though it seemingly hasn't. Now, are we going back to the topic of Soft-body physics being implemented into LFS, which is the original topic?
Quote from FPVaaron :I pushed escape to return to the menu and the game closed.

By far THE most annoying thing about RoR, and the main reason I've never played it for longer than half an hour or so.
Quote from Bose321 :A bit of both.

1nsane for its time was...well, insane. But the current damage model/flexbody of Rigs of Rods is way more detailed and complex. One well-known modder of 1nsane (fat alfie) is currently in the Rigs of Rods modding 'scene' and he also chose for Rigs of rods.

OMG Fat Alfie, that's long ago since I heard that name.

I was in a team on 1nsane for years, going on to GameSpy Arcade multiplay.

Was lots of fun with all those Icelanders and other people.

I remember I loved the map San Fransisco. Was great stuff on that infinite straight.
Quote from rockclan :OMG Fat Alfie, that's long ago since I heard that name.

I was in a team on 1nsane for years, going on to GameSpy Arcade multiplay.

Was lots of fun with all those Icelanders and other people.

I remember I loved the map San Fransisco. Was great stuff on that infinite straight.

I can still remember playing with you I believe.

There's a new 'hype' on RoR btw; trains. They're loads of fun!

Trains:
http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/4338
http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/4340

Train freight car:
http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/4341

Train map:
http://www.rigsofrods.com/repository/view/4339

There are more awesome trains coming soon.
I made a quick vid detailing the soft body physics in this game.
I think the physics are impressive, and can't wait to see this sort of thing implemented in other games.

LFS (of course) & the GTA series leap to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vYHiEtXUBQ

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG