The online racing simulator
Maybe the Best Speech I've Ever Heard
(19 posts, started )
too long... bring summary...

"You are not special" - individualistic equality?
I know translation of that slogan from more harsh (totalitarian) environment: "Your life means nothing and can be replaced or wasted". Beware.
Now that has to be the best one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bAQ5GJ7szM

But conerning the speach in the OP: It's a nice pep talk for people who finished school, but I wouldn't call it the best speach ever. Unless I would've been a student there as the speach woulod touch me more emotionally.

But the gist of it is about the same of every single of those speaches, be it for high school or university graduates.
Quote from AndRand :I know translation of that slogan from more harsh (totalitarian) environment: "Your life means nothing and can be replaced or wasted". Beware.

I don't think you're old enough to have lived during WWII, as that's the only regime under which said aphorisms would have had some sort of validity.
Quote from Cornys :
Any thoughts?

Clicked it away after 1.5 minute.

Can't stand the stupid laughing after almost every sentence. And this is 12 minutes about weddings? Borriingg..

Quote from Yuri Laszlo :as that's the only regime under which said aphorisms would have had some sort of validity.

?

Iraq, Yugoslavia, North Korea, Libya, Syria?

Possibly some other countries I forget to mention with questionable regimes...
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :I don't think you're old enough to have lived during WWII, as that's the only regime under which said aphorisms would have had some sort of validity.

I lived under communist rule. Luckily, they didnt send at this time to lagers to teach you that but had much subtle ways. Bah, the methods didnt really changed.
Quote from cargame.nl :Clicked it away after 1.5 minute.

Can't stand the stupid laughing after almost every sentence. And this is 12 minutes about weddings? Borriingg..

A pity then, it made quite a good point and at times was a bit humorous. Also quite beautifully wrapped in symbolism here and there.
Society makes accomplishments mean nothing by making them easy to get more often than not is the main point of the speach and that people should strive to become truly acheived rather than artificially.
Gotta love some high-schooler lecturing you on what "society" does.

Also, it's "speech."

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG