The online racing simulator
That moment...
(5 posts, started )
That moment...
... Where you delete the wrong branch, and you didn't merge it into another branch or push it somewhere else ye (yes I'm aware it's potentially recoverable, but mehasdasdkjkads)

Meh

I demand cheering up. Tell me your failures.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I demand cheering up. Tell me your failures.

Attempting to add a lot of code to a project.
Creating backup so if you mess up you can return back to original version.
Finish your new code, project compile ok so you delete the backup because you think everything is fine.

Try the new project but its fully bugged.
No backup and bugged project.
I'm afraid I can't think of anything directly programming or deleting related (although I accidentally shift-deleted some stuff into oblivion lately), but I remember this blow up when I was migrating a Drupal-based website from one server to another.
For those who are unfamiliar with Drupal, it keeps almost all its dynamic content in a SQL database. The server I was migrating the site to was a sort of testing installation where I tweaked and reworked quite a lot of things, so I only wanted to move the tables containing content and user data. Now those tables don't really have a primary key, so when I carelessly - sipping my coffee and conversing with a friend - launched the copying operation in SQLFront, I effectively nuked the DB. I spent like 4 hours trying to figure out what went wrong, messing with things that were in fact working just fine, raging at the Drupal devs for not having a better migration system, before it occurred to me that there is probably something oddly wrong with the DB. Restoring the DB from a backup, copying the tables again (correctly this time) and ironing out a few glitches took about 30 minutes - talk about artificial problems
Pushing a branch to git hub, thinking that everything is working, then realizing that in fact you forgot to run the application before committing and pushing to server. Because I thought to myself, there is simply no way that that could not work. Only to find out how wrong I could be when the bug reports started rolling in that the application fails to lunch at all. Not only did I publish an error, but now it's forever saved in the braches history because I'm stupid.
Pfft, commiting without testing is the only way to ride

Cheers for the cheering up guys <3

That moment...
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG