The online racing simulator
31$ pledged... (totally forgot that my gf owns a credit card )
Quote from rediske :31$ pledged... (totally forgot that my gf owns a credit card :d)

:d:d:d

Edit: Canot write smily's, since LFSForum have desided to make ": D" into ": d" whenever I try ^^
Quote from The Very End ::d:d:d

Edit: Canot write smily's, since LFSForum have desided to make ": D" into ": d" whenever I try ^^

mmmh, don't get it. It's exactly the smiley I intended to use...

within the phrase with brackets ( ... )
Quote from The Very End ::d:d:d

If you have only capital letters in your post it will convert then into non-capital ones. So if the only thing you have in a post is "A", the forums will convert it to "a".
Stupid ass system
Edit:
Mother of god....
Ironically, now you've added the extra text of the edit, there are now enough letters so you can go back and edit the d's back to capitals.

Which of course means you can get rid of the edit text, but that would mean they'd change back, so you'd need to put it back, which would mean you can put the Ds back and oh dear I've gone cross-eyed.
:d
Quote from Crashgate3 :Ironically, now you've added the extra text of the edit, there are now enough letters so you can go back and edit the d's back to capitals.

Which of course means you can get rid of the edit text, but that would mean they'd change back, so you'd need to put it back, which would mean you can put the Ds back and oh dear I've gone cross-eyed.

...The ****? :/
Just pledge much to the game so I can smash you
Holy shit, even BBC wrote an article about this?!
All the publicity really helps the game

Next goal is 600 000!
When does Scawen learn that the most ridiculous idea's can generate large cash?

I know cash wasn't/isn't (?) the goal here but it's possible this way to manage a small developer team to actually get this going again.

I mean, who the hell is waiting for something like Carmageddon? Never been ground breaking.. Driving over some pedestrains and get points.. Woohoo.. It's funny for about 15 minutes... Properly mastered by Grand Theft Auto now.

And thats it..

Waste of money again.. Money which could have been invested in LFS
Well, all have different tastes For me Carmageddon was about the driving part. I loved driving the crazy tracks with crazy cars, getting various bonus and powerups, just driving around having a good time.
Also the game had a lot of black humor which I at the time found funny.

Also the developer team is so cool in this project, Nobby is one sick ****, but I enjoy him! ;D
I spent most of my vacations in the late 90's playing Carma 1, and modding more cars to Carma 2 when that came out. Stainless had lots of "firsts" in the racing game genre. Deformable car bodies, open 3D sandbox levels, splitting meshes (C2) along with an advanced damage model and so much more. Saying they did nothing ground breaking is plain bs. GTA at the time of Carmageddons was still 2D, remember?

Stainless as game developers are possibly some the coolest guys out there, very friendly, communicative and down to earth. I only wish I had more money to help them with this new game because they sure as hell deserve it.
Quote from cargame.nl :When does Scawen learn that the most ridiculous idea's can generate large cash?

I know cash wasn't/isn't (?) the goal here but it's possible this way to manage a small developer team to actually get this going again.

I mean, who the hell is waiting for something like Carmageddon? Never been ground breaking.. Driving over some pedestrains and get points.. Woohoo.. It's funny for about 15 minutes... Properly mastered by Grand Theft Auto now.

And thats it..

Apparently there were many things in the first Carmagedon game that were revolutionary and are now standard fare in most games.

Quote :Waste of money again.. Money which could have been invested in LFS

Hey! Let's never, ever spend money on anything that isn't LFS! Great idea!
Live for Speed is less unique and revolutionary than Carmageddon, and the potential market for the game is quite small. I doubt LFS would raise enough money to pay the wages of even one extra developer.
It's like S3, soon(TM) ^_^
My wild guess, maybe a some days, or a week or two but not that far ahead.
Thanks! Not too big of a time span then - compared to other games...

Funny to see that they already know the exact file size of the release...

And I hope that there will be a cheat to disable the timer like in the old game back then.
Indeed!
They said that they want to keep the cartoony way, because that is Carmageddon, aswell that it won't get too much hazzle with cencors and such. Also, with some tweakin and work it probally will look good enough for me
Hell yes! It looks like they've got it pretty much spot-on.

I notice that gone are the days of the sharp 30 degree angles in the roads
What I'd like to see in a final version would be a bit higher rez textures, realistic dead body physics and a decent damage model. Then I'll jizz. Again.
Well, it is a very early alpha. It looks like they've just plugged in the physics from Carma 1 into the new graphics engine for now.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation - support and help the game
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG