The online racing simulator
Building a pc (help needed)
(54 posts, started )
Dualcore CPU in 2012? Ew.
4x4.2
dude
how about not telling someone he's wrong instead of helping me?
Quote from diNOSaur :dude
how about not telling someone he's wrong instead of helping me?

dude
if your budget allows you to, get an i5
why i5?
because it's faster?
Quote from Bose321 :Why do all sites I see say it has 4 cores?

Because AMD thinks that hyper-threaded core on steroids = 2 cores.
Do you need all the options on the MB? Gigabyte usually do the same board without raid etc for less. Can't see anything wrong at a glance but would check reviews and feedback, especially for power supply stress tests.

EDIT: SSD is a waste of money, $/GB is dropping fast, would suggest a big fat hd for storage and normal apps and a small ssd for OS and games etc.

EDIT2: GTX560 for 770.... ahh, what currency is that?
Quote from stan.distortion :Do you need all the options on the MB? Gigabyte usually do the same board without raid etc for less. Can't see anything wrong at a glance but would check reviews and feedback, especially for power supply stress tests.

EDIT: SSD is a waste of money, $/GB is dropping fast, would suggest a big fat hd for storage and normal apps and a small ssd for OS and games etc.

wut.
RAID is usually chipset's feature, not motherboard's.
RAID can be stuck up the motherboards back end on a variety of USB keys if that's what floats your boat :P
Quote :Edit: Ssd is a waste of money, $/gb is dropping fast, would suggest a big fat hd for storage and normal apps and a small ssd for os and games etc.

That's what I'm going to do.
Quote :Edit2: Gtx560 for 770.... Ahh, what currency is that?

770.00 pln = 220.782 usd
I'm not really up to date but all looks ok. 2x4GB RAM, 4 sticks are no faster than 2? Obudowa A4 Tech X7-C2 level2, does this bit make coffee? Ahh, a box. Is there only me has a thing for rat PC's, had one running in a shoe box for a long time...
Again change of plans
LGA1155 vs LGA2011?
Well that depends. Do you want to spend a 1000€ vs 2000€ on a computer? Do you only play games with it or do you edit videos and do heavy 3D rendering?
Say your budget and the site you wan't to get the stuff from.
And what will be the use for the computer?
I wan't to last longer - I mean that I don't want to change my MB next few years. Just upgrade cpu to make it faster etc.
That's why I want it so expensive.
I'll use it for Lightroom/Photoshop and games too.
This is what I've decided to buy (still not sure).
http://www.morele.net/inventory/info/wpVt4M/
Why the hell do you need a 700W PSU?
Quote from diNOSaur :I wan't to last longer - I mean that I don't want to change my MB next few years. Just upgrade cpu to make it faster etc.

That's not a particularly good approach. Even if you get the best MB available today, chances are you won't be able to just put a new CPU in it after a few years. New CPUs are almost never backwards-compatible, they require new sockets and chipsets which in turn don't work with older RAM modules... you know
I suggest you get the best machine you can afford and don't care about upgrading possibilities. I've never upgraded any of my PCs except for adding more RAM and bigger hard drives (I upgraded GPU once but that was only because the old one died). At the end of the day you'll find that the upgrades cost you almost as much as a new PC.
Anyone agree with MadCatX? Because I'm not into this philosophy

@e30
If I'll add 2nd GPU and better CPU it might be usefull. just an example
Quote from diNOSaur :Anyone agree with MadCatX? Because I'm not into this philosophy

Why not? It makes sense.

A second GPU also needs a more powerfull PSU, and your CPU might be a bottleneck, and it's just a general pain in the ass from time to time.
Makes sense if there is a new CPU socket out. If it had been out a while and MB's had come down to sensible prices then it would be worth getting a good quality MB and power supply, then putting in a low price CPU and graphics card for later upgrade.
Quote from diNOSaur :Anyone agree with MadCatX? Because I'm not into this philosophy

Let me give you a little real-life example why I think this approach is not a good one. Some year and a half ago I built a kinda mean gaming rig for my sister. I used the most up-to-date parts available at that time including i7-950 and X58 chipset. If you check the CPU market right now, you'll find out that there's no way I could upgrade a CPU in that thing - Sandy Bridge needs 60-series and Ivy Bridge 70-series chipsets. Today's market evolves too fast that even 18 months old parts are "outdated" and pretty much unupgradable.

Upgrading an old computer is like running a 20 years old car. There will be periods of time when the car will work fine, but then something will break down, you'll get fixed, drive it for a while waiting for something else to give up. In the end you'll spend so much money on maintenance that getting a whole new car would be cheaper.

Building a pc (help needed)
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG