The online racing simulator
Xbox 360 banned on USA
(46 posts, started )
Xbox 360 banned on USA
Comments?

Couldn't care less. Deserved right I guess?
#3 - Hahmo
Stupid?
Settlement? I doubt any company wants to be known for killing the Xbox.
Patent Wars
This is our future, the patent wars have begun in earnest. It's going to get a lot worse... but hey, that's the price of "Intellectual Property".

I do find it interesting that Google is willing to go head to head vs. Microsoft: most who've tried have died.
Quote from rowdog :I do find it interesting that Google is willing to go head to head vs. Microsoft: most who've tried have died.

If not google, who then?
Better not ban xbox live or the sale of the game disks or ill be pissed.
What i remember when this crap started it was something todo with .mkv codec that Microsoft is shipping with there consoles which Google own the patents to.
Quote :I do find it interesting that Google is willing to go head to head vs. Microsoft: most who've tried have died.

Think the US economy wants a battle like that? IMHO google has intentionally started this battle to force patent reform.
Hey if Obama bans Xbox his presidential campaign will have to be "I stopped your kids from killing zombies, re elect me" because that's all he will have done in his term.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Hey if Obama bans Xbox his presidential campaign will have to be "I stopped your kids from killing zombies, re elect me" because that's all he will have done in his term.

Stop watching Fox.
Is it me or is the title of this thread a little weird? It says the Xbox 360 banned the US
I thought it was Motorola patents, rather than google owned ones ?

All the co's are buying up patents so they ca sue the ase off each other, I think you'll find on checking that most the human body has also been patented by co's so even reproduction will be subject to copyright.

The whole things a joke and it's difficult to take seriously, untill you get sued for breathing without paying someone for they're patent rights.

Thank you Amerika.
Why they have banned their own product?
reghardware.com xbox_360_infringes_motorol_patents/
Doesn't go into much detail but covers the basics, microsoft can get licences for the patents anytime at 'reasonable terms'. Guess they will licence them at the last mo when they've milked as much publicity as possible. XBox hardware is getting old though, now microsoft has made a proper OS they can make the most of multicore and GPU processing power so maybe they will take the opportunity to paint google as 'the evil company that took away your xbox' while launching a replacement with far more power than the PS3. After seeing some of the changes in 7 would expect microsoft PC's and consoles to merge so the same games run on both and possibly integration with TV's (many have quite powerful hardware running embedded linux ATM).
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Not a loss for me in the least bit, but this is kind of crazy. I really jut don't know what to say..
Quote from speedway :Stereotypes need to be proven every once in a while. Well done!

A German telling others what to think about their government...what stereotypes are we talking about again?
Quote from flymike91 :A German telling others what to think about their government...what stereotypes are we talking about again?

I call Godwin's Law.
all consoles must be banned in all countries----> good withdrawal (maybe PC's but this forum is not the best place to tell "ban PC!!!!")
Quote from stan.distortion :Think the US economy wants a battle like that? IMHO google has intentionally started this battle to force patent reform.

I hope you're right, things are really a mess right now. Heck, maybe that's why Google bought Motorola and their wealth of patents: just to finally bring things to a head.
Internet trolls

I did avoid posting this, or this, or this etc !

Poor Microsoft, being picked on, as if they don't do this all the time themselves .......
They are only playing the same game every other tech company is being forced to play by a really screwed up patent system and playing it well in heart of the warzone of that game. Dinosaur's like IBM are too big to attack, they would be bigger 'patent trolls' than anyone if they where forced into a defensive position.

Google is and innovative company and patents make that hard. Everyone wants a piece of the android cake and are using patents to grab the biggest piece they can get, however the cake is a lie. Firstly google can drop android any time they please, the companies using it are familiar enough with its development cycle and its inner workings to maintain it as an open source project. Secondly, android is very closely linked to linux and IBM protects linux, anyone trying to claim a piece of android has to be very careful they aren't trying to claim a piece of linux too.

The XBox issue is just google waving its dick around by threatening a whole product line, unless they plan on releasing a gaming system to go head to head with directx then its worth nothing to them. Its the same with a lot of other patent issues google are involved in atm, they have very little to loose as they don't depend on hardware sales but not a whole lot to gain either. The only logical justification is an attack on the patent system but maybe there is a part of the picture we cant see from here.
Quote from rowdog :This is our future, the patent wars have begun in earnest. It's going to get a lot worse...

Yes, indeed.

Quote from rowdog :but hey, that's the price of "Intellectual Property".

No, that's just the price of the lawyers.
Quote from flymike91 :A German telling others what to think about their government...what stereotypes are we talking about again?

What stereotypes you ask? You bringing unrelated matters to the table just because someone dared to point out that your countrymen love to prove why everyone thinks that they're ignorant & stupid?

Bring on the commie comments, that would fit the theme & line of arguments nicely

Xbox 360 banned on USA
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG